RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

This. BTW, did you get the prize for the draft contest? We both had 4, but you got Shaq, nice job.

No I didn't, you have to get all the ones that are selected correct. The Bills one is a bonus. I think I saw someone in the thread got them all

This blows but is it going to prevent him from having a great career? Jaguars are being praised for picking Jack in a similar if not worse situation, correct?

once he recovers he's 100 percent with no long term effects. jacks knee may be long term

eMoulds said he would miss some time at the start of the season. Nice call. Seems to me, if he is only going to miss some time at the start of the season, it may not be a full tear of the labrum...maybe just a severe strain or partial tear. For that, the recovery time might be a lot quicker than 4-6 months.

Smart move by Bills to get it repaired now while it is still manageable (if that's the case). If it's a minor/nagging sort of injury (strain or partial), he will probably be less effective or tear it fully on week 2 and be out all season.

Gitt'r Done (literally).

you are such a homer ! :wub:

eMoulds said he would miss some time at the start of the season. Nice call. Seems to me, if he is only going to miss some time at the start of the season, it may not be a full tear of the labrum...maybe just a severe strain or partial tear. For that, the recovery time might be a lot quicker than 4-6 months.

Smart move by Bills to get it repaired now while it is still manageable (if that's the case). If it's a minor/nagging sort of injury (strain or partial), he will probably be less effective or tear it fully on week 2 and be out all season.

Gitt'r Done (literally).

Considering the rigors of the nfl compared to college, it had to be a consideration when they drafted him. Too bad it had to be done now instead of next offseason.

He probably wouldn't have fallen to us at 19 had it not been for the shoulder. I guess they were hoping for the best and it bit them in the butt. If info comes out that they already knew this was going to happen going into the pick i'll be pissed.

Vic's on a hot take roll!

@viccarucci

#Bills' 1st-rd choice of Lawson, despite shoulder injury history, reinforces the notion this was Rex Ryan wanting his guy no matter what.

That's Whaley trying to separate himself from the decision making progress and blame it on RR.

I thought Whaley was involved in personnel, so it stands to reason he'd be in on the decision and not simply abdicating the decision to take a guy in the first round with a pre-existing injury.

I always knew Whaley learned a lot from Brandon.

Players get hurt all the time. You draft a guy in the first round hoping he comes out and produces year one, but sometimes that doesn't happen due to poor performance or injury. I'd rather it be the latter than the former. A pre-existing shoulder injury is not a huge concern like the situation with Myles Jack.

Players get hurt all the time. You draft a guy in the first round hoping he comes out and produces year one, but sometimes that doesn't happen due to poor performance or injury. I'd rather it be the latter than the former. A pre-existing shoulder injury is not a huge concern like the situation with Myles Jack.

Or Dallas' second rounder.

It seems like it right? Except I thought they won some kind of award recently? I dunno, this is all very disappointing

I think you are thinking of the training staff. I think they won some award but I don't think that includes the team physicians but I could be wrong. Very discouraging though. We seem to be the only team that didn't know he needed surgery. No wonder he dropped

He probably wouldn't have fallen to us at 19 had it not been for the shoulder. I guess they were hoping for the best and it bit them in the butt. If info comes out that they already knew this was going to happen going into the pick i'll be pissed.

They knew.

i bet they just started stressing / testing /loading the shoulder to see how it would respond and it was not going as well as hoped.

Could not start exerting him fully till they had him in the building anyways.

Is was a risk.

I'd be more angry if they DIDN'T know. If they made an informed decision, that's fine. If this surprised them, shame, shame....

What did they know, and how did they spin it? They sound like they want to give out awards for something now.