RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

The bills might STILL be the smartest person in the room.....

If this is why he dropped out of being a top 10 pick (which is where he was slotted to go) and he has the surgery and moves on with his career to have a productive one....then the initial time he misses this year WILL NOT MATTER.

In what year would you like to see the Bills make the playoffs. Would you say that if they make it in 2050 then who cares because 2016-2049 WILL NOT MATTER?

Why NFL Teams Are Concerned About Cyrus Kouandjio's Knee
By Dave Siebert, M.D. , Senior Analyst Feb 28, 2014
Rolling the dice with injured players is risky

Dr. James Andrews told me he's sending a memo to all 32 teams refuting an NFL Network combine report about Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio's knee

hmmm

really good bleacher report link - thanks for posting.

@AdamSchefter

Shaq Lawson was making swim move on tackling dummy in non-contact drill when he aggravated shoulder injury that will sideline him 5-6 months

This makes more sense. Although I'd be curious to know whether he really could have played this season without surgery (...after aggravating it).

2-4 games? He won't be back until November, IMO.

LOL! Care to wager money on that prediction, doc?

His career is over! :cry:

it hasn't started and looks like it won't for awhile. This after OBD says nothing wrong with him.

That is my issue. Ditto other players drafted. One didn't even play last season.

Hows does the Wynn cut look now rex Doug? After you made him jump through hoops.

Please,don't cherry pick my post and take things out of context. This is a fail at 19 in a season where

There better be jobs on the line at OBD. Hopefully the kid turns out great. But, that was not my point

In that post.

it hasn't started and looks like it won't for awhile. This after OBD says nothing wrong with him.

That is my issue. Ditto other players drafted. One didn't even play last season.

Hows does the Wynn cut look now rex Doug? After you made him jump through hoops.

Please,don't cherry pick my post and take things out of context. This is a fail at 19 in a season where

There better be jobs on the line at OBD. Hopefully the kid turns out great. But, that was not my point

In that post.

OBD didn't say that at all.

Ok, lets say he doesn't come back until November. Does that make him a bust? Especially since the assumption is that after the surgery it shouldn't be an issue?

Injuries suck, but if they are expecting this guy to be at least a solid starter for years to come, I don't know why people are freaking out about missing a little time.

Ok, lets say he doesn't come back until November. Does that make him a bust? Especially since the assumption is that after the surgery it shouldn't be an issue?

Injuries suck, but if they are expecting this guy to be at least a solid starter for years to come, I don't know why people are freaking out about missing a little time.

I think people are pissed because immediately after the selection we heard Schefter saying how Lawson needed the surgery and would be out 4-6 months. Shaq quickly dispelled that as did Whaley who passed the buck to the medical staff. "It's nothing we are real worried about or we wouldn't have taken him. We got complete faith in our medical staff and they signed off on him so we are excited to have him."

Somewhere there is a disconnect, either they should have been worried because the injury was more serious than the medical staff determined, or they ignored our staff and the reports around the league and took the player who they knew had an injury which needed to be addressed. If it's the latter why not just come out and say that he is worth the wait and your excited to have him? If it's the former and he was cleared to play NFL football only too end up injuring himself pushing a bag in a non contact camp it's a bad look for the docs. It was a pre-existing injury you just determined it was ready for NFL contact or maybe it wasn't.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/28/what-they-said-3/

Kudos to eMoulds. Is it too late to call Wynn?

Wynn would be better than Biermann. I hope the bridge isn't burnt!

Edited by Commonsense

I really don't have a problem with Whaley's drafting record. I do have a problem with the poor way he sets expectations. You should always underpromise and overdeliver; Whaley seems to completely miss this and promotes the team like a boxing promoter, consistently making wildly optimistic statements and then acting surprised when they don't come to pass. I'm not a fan of that.

szYYCs.gif