Philly trades for #2!

FireChan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud but do the QB trade ups force other QBs down the board in round 2 and beyond? I would presume that Paxton Lynch goes in round1 as well. Let's just say for the sake of argument that he goes to SF. It doesn't really matter where but call it SF. At that point the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals and Bills are 5 teams that are looking at QB still. I guess that the question is with less competition and threats to select a QB (LA, Philly & SF) do these teams go elsewhere and pick the QB as they see value. For example does Denver take someone like Connor Cook or do they take BPA and wait on someone that they perceive to be better value (Brandon Allen for example)? Or does the opposite happen and these other QBs get pushed up? Do teams start reaching to get the best of the 3rd tier or do they wait and try to get better value?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just thinking out loud but does the QB trade ups force other QBs down the board in round 2 and beyond? I would presume that Paxton Lynch goes in round1 as well. Let's just say for the sake of argument that he goes to SF. It doesn't really matter where but call it SF. At that point the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals and Bills are 5 teams that are looking at QB still. I guess that the question is with less competition and threats to select a QB (LA, Philly & SF) do these teams go elsewhere and pick the QB as they see value. For example does Denver take someone like Connor Cook or do they take BPA and wait on someone that they perceive to be better value (Brandon Allen for example)? Or does the opposite happen and these other QBs get pushed up? Do teams start reaching to get the best of the 3rd tier or do they wait and try to get better value?

I would think that Elway and the World Champion Broncos have to have some type of move in mind.

They won't be picking early enough for any "sure thing" in the near future, it seems they would have to take the risk and jump up.

I'll tell you this: if I were a Browns' fan, I'd be wondering why I'm trading out of the chance to pick a QB.

I'd especially be wondering why I'm doing so as a team with no GM that just fired much of my scouting staff and is being run by a lawyer and a baseball executive.

You apparently haven't been paying attention, because the Harvard stat geeks now running the Browns are going to turn the league on its ear.

Hey, I kid, and I actually think it's a good trade for the Browns, but it's amazing how some Bills fans will go out of their way to praise a disastrous organization like Cleveland while finding every reason possible to trash their own team.

Cggc56mVAAQoQRd.jpg

but noooo. Doug is the worst GM EVER :w00t:

Just thinking out loud but do the QB trade ups force other QBs down the board in round 2 and beyond? I would presume that Paxton Lynch goes in round1 as well. Let's just say for the sake of argument that he goes to SF. It doesn't really matter where but call it SF. At that point the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals and Bills are 5 teams that are looking at QB still. I guess that the question is with less competition and threats to select a QB (LA, Philly & SF) do these teams go elsewhere and pick the QB as they see value. For example does Denver take someone like Connor Cook or do they take BPA and wait on someone that they perceive to be better value (Brandon Allen for example)? Or does the opposite happen and these other QBs get pushed up? Do teams start reaching to get the best of the 3rd tier or do they wait and try to get better value?

i hope we wait to get better value. I see little difference among the 3rd tier QB's. Lots of holes that can be filled if other teams jump on the reaching for a QB train and we stay off.

There's a rumor floating that the Browns might be interested in Paxton Lynch.

Because, Browns.

I guess if they didnt think there is much difference between Wentz and Lynch, then they just made out like bandits! Might even be able to trade down again. Stockpile them pics.

And then blew each and every pick. Because, Browns.

If that's true, they're idiots.

They paid both those guys (Bradford and Daniel) a lot of guaranteed money too.

Even QB starved teams aren't going to give the Eagles a kings ransom for either Bradford or Daniel.

Julio Jones is still dominating the NFL, All of the Browns picks in that deal are out of the NFL.

Hey, Let's try this again.

I'm surprised the Eagles are trading away all of their picks after Chip Kelly traded or cut away all of their quality players.

This looks like a bad move by both teams. At Least the Browns get more picks to screw up. I guess the Browns are going with the broken clock is right twice a day strategy or is it the Blind Squirrel strategy.

I guess if they didnt think there is much difference between Wentz and Lynch, then they just made out like bandits! Might even be able to trade down again. Stockpile them pics.

And then blew each and every pick. Because, Browns.

I dunno, they'll probably get a couple of guys who can hit a curveball.

A nice haul by the Browns. They stay in the top 10 this year and should have 2 picks in the top 15 next year.

A darn shame they will waste them as usual.

A quote from a Philly fan on this trade after hearing the team will draft a QB with that #2 pick.

"Why don’t we just sign Fitzmagic, Vinny T, Rodney Pete, heck even Rodney Pete’s wife, and run an 11 QB offense?

Jesus someone help us"

With all the changes, the Browns have a new scouting department, right? Having twice as many lousy players is of little help.

it is just smaller. Same scouts as of now. They fired 6 of the college scouts a couple weeks ago. Not sure if the rest will be retained after the draft or not. They don't have any football people in the FO so not sure what other scouts they would be able to bring in from other teams. The scouting reports will be from the previous regime. Edited by YoloinOhio