Philly trades for #2!

FireChan

Zeke has been my thought for them. How could someone for better or make a bigger impact than him? Zeke, if healthy, is a heavy favorite for OROY. Cleveland is in dire need of playmakers. The only hesitation that I have is that a RB would seem to go against the "analytics" grain.

That was my first thought too. It will be interesting to see how they read the numbers.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictably, everyone on here will praise the Browns because in TBD land trading down good, trading up bad, but if I'm a Browns fan I'm thinking at some point I maybe need a QB.

That being said, what the hell are the Eagles doing? Either a) they're not taking a QB or b) they HAVE to trade either Bradford (impossible) or Daniel, right?

What a strange offseason.

To your question, I think I can throw in my 2 cents. Bradford's base pay is $7 million this year. I believe the signing bonus stays with the team's cap space in case of trade and becomes dead money.

$7 million for a Sam Bradford rental is not bad a QB needy team like the Jets or Broncos.

Plus, they have Chase Daniel to be a mentor to slowly bring the pick along. If they were sure about a guy, the Eagles might maximize their picks this year.

The local buzz in Ohio has been for a long time that "these QBs just aren't any good". Everyone I've talked to is thrilled with the move. Given what the Rams and Eagles have given up, I think it's pretty safe to assume the knocks about "small hands" and "subpar competition" is more smokescreen than actual criticism. If they've dealt away a franchise QB, it's a tough pill to swallow.

I agree with you that they've done a masterful job of selling this idea, but I think they have a chance to look really, really bad in the process.

Now, they may be thinking that they like next year's QB crop better, but there's hardly a guarantee there.

Zeke has been my thought for them. How could someone for better or make a bigger impact than him? Zeke, if healthy, is a heavy favorite for OROY. Cleveland is in dire need of playmakers. The only hesitation that I have is that a RB would seem to go against the "analytics" grain.

It absolutely goes against the analytics grain, which is why I wonder if they won't move down again. I could see Miami moving up to get ahead of NYG and Chicago to get Zeke, and the Browns picking up another pick or two in the process.

No chance Lynch makes it to Denver now. These teams need a QB (some right now, some need to prepare for the future)...49ers, Browns, Bears, Jets, Cardinals, Broncos

If Lynch falls to Bills right before the Jets (and Cardinals) pick then the Bills will have a great shot to trade back. Either the Jets or the Cardinals will draft Lynch.

Lynch won't make it out of the top ten. And Whaley might just be dumb enough to trade up for him. I'll lose my sh--

No chance Lynch makes it to Denver now. These teams need a QB (some right now, some need to prepare for the future)...49ers, Browns, Bears, Jets, Cardinals, Broncos

If Lynch falls to Bills right before the Jets (and Cardinals) pick then the Bills will have a great shot to trade back. Either the Jets or the Cardinals will draft Lynch.

As odd as this sounds, i think the QB trades push Lynch down the board.

When Philly was at 13 and LA at 15, those seemed to be logical landing spots for him.

Now that they're 1/2, and Lynch doesn't seem to be top-10 material, you're looking to Buffalo and the Jets at 19/20 being Lynch's best shot to go top-20 IMO.

Or the Bills can draft Lynch because they need a F(*%*(& QB.

When Philly was at 13 and LA at 15, those seemed to be logical landing spots for him.

Now that they're 1/2, and Lynch doesn't seem to be top-10 material, you're looking to Buffalo and the Jets at 19/20 being Lynch's best shot to go top-20 IMO.

San Fran? I still think Whaley makes a crazy play for Lynch, costing us next year's #1 and likely costing Whaley his job. Talk me off the ledge...

I agree with you that they've done a masterful job of selling this idea, but I think they have a chance to look really, really bad in the process.

Now, they may be thinking that they like next year's QB crop better, but there's hardly a guarantee there.

It absolutely goes against the analytics grain, which is why I wonder if they won't move down again. I could see Miami moving up to get ahead of NYG and Chicago to get Zeke, and the Browns picking up another pick or two in the process.

I am dreading him in Miami. I've been hoping for an NFC landing.

I would be tempted if Lynch is there at 19 , but would not trade up for him.

Just goes against the grain of what they've been saying. We're "all in", we're in "win now" mode. So lets draft a QB who probably won't play this year...

Not sure a linebacker puts us into the playoffs, but he'll have a much better shot of contributing.

I just can't see Lynch making it past the 49ers, Browns or Bears. One of them may trade back before the Bills pick to make it more palatable, but these teams are desperate for a QB and they know he won't be around in rd 2.

Reality is like ice cold water to the face for these kind of teams. Yes they want a great 1st rd value pick, but they also don't want to be the one without a chair in the QB musical chairs game.

IMO, someone will either trade back or trade up before the Bills pick and pick Lynch there.

Edited by 1billsfan

San Fran? I still think Whaley makes a crazy play for Lynch, costing us next year's #1 and likely costing Whaley his job. Talk me off the ledge...

Well, I'm just speaking opinion here, but he really doesn't strike me as the type they'd move up to get. He's not anywhere near as clean a prospect as Goff, or even Wentz for that matter. He's got accuracy issues, doesn't seem to read the field, rushes throws, etc. He's a developmental guy.

I think that if you're going to move up for a guy, you want to be sure about him. I look at what Whaley's done in his 3 drafts at the helm, and I see that they've moved very aggressively when they were sure about someone (Sammy), but when they aren't, they move back (EJ, Kouandjio).

It would have me very surprised if they made a move for Lynch, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I think it's far more likely that they stay at 19 and see what happens.

I am dreading him in Miami. I've been hoping for an NFC landing.

As bad as Miami needs a corner, I could see them moving up for Zeke

I just can't see Lynch making it past the 49ers, Browns or Bears. One of them may trade back before the Bills pick to make it more palatable, but these teams are desperate for a QB and they know if won't be around in rd 2.

Reality is like ice cold water to the face for these kind of teams. Yes they want a great 1st rd value pick, but they also don't want to be the one without a chair in the QB musical chairs game.

IMO, someone will either trade back or trade up before the Bills pick and pick Lynch there.

I know what you mean; I can't get off the idea that Cleveland would've stayed at 2 if they were planning to take a QB on day 1--why risk losing your guy if you're not?

Who knows what Chip Kelly will do, so there's always a chance he does something crazy, but with the comeback year that Cutler had, I don't think Lynch is in play for Chicago at 11.

I know what you mean; I can't get off the idea that Cleveland would've stayed at 2 if they were planning to take a QB on day 1--why risk losing your guy if you're not?

Who knows what Chip Kelly will do, so there's always a chance he does something crazy, but with the comeback year that Cutler had, I don't think Lynch is in play for Chicago at 11.

fwiw I heard they want Connor Cook and are going to take him wherever with one of their early picks.