Philly trades for #2!

FireChan

Predictably, everyone on here will praise the Browns because in TBD land trading down good, trading up bad, but if I'm a Browns fan I'm thinking at some point I maybe need a QB.

That being said, what the hell are the Eagles doing? Either a) they're not taking a QB or b) they HAVE to trade either Bradford (impossible) or Daniel, right?

What a strange offseason.

maybe they think this kid can sit a year (or a little more) and follow the old school route to starting. Both bradford and daniel are tough to get out from under today.

neither option at the top is likely a starter out of the gate, and daniel is good insurance with bradford. Avoids a Kolb slipping and a hurt EJ being forced to start week one scenario.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems odd to me to trade up for #2 for a QB when you don't even know who the Rams are taking.Most of the "experts have Wentz ahead of Goff and only a few have the Rams taking Goff. I think it will be Wentz at #1. To me, he has more upside than Goff. I hope the Eagles arn't counting on Wentz being there at #2.

Lynch won't make it out of the top ten. And Whaley might just be dumb enough to trade up for him. I'll lose my sh--

Don't worry, you will have plenty left and you do not mind sharing it.

San Fran? I still think Whaley makes a crazy play for Lynch, costing us next year's #1 and likely costing Whaley his job. Talk me off the ledge...

Jump. JUMP. JUMP!

It seems odd to me to trade up for #2 for a QB when you don't even know who the Rams are taking.Most of the "experts have Wentz ahead of Goff and only a few have the Rams taking Goff. I think it will be Wentz at #1. To me, he has more upside than Goff. I hope the Eagles arn't counting on Wentz being there at #2.

gotta think a secret handshake has occurred.

Can Eagles get out from under Bradford's contract next season relatively painlessly? Not this year for sure with guaranteed money would be foolhardy and unlikely. The are going to be smart and let the rookie sit. Good for them.

You make a good point, but I would be very surprised if the Rams did not take Goff. It is all about the marketing for LA and Goff is a SOCal boy.

Just a thought, Bills targeting someone not a QB and need a run on QBs to drive that player to them, so they interview them to play it up. If lynch gets picked before us gives us the player they want or nervous teams below to reach to get a QB. Thereby trading with us to give us morebpicks. Either way the QB interviews were as much a smokescreen as a true identifying of a QB they may want.

Just a thought, Bills targeting someone not a QB and need a run on QBs to drive that player to them, so they interview them to play it up. If lynch gets picked before us gives us the player they want or nervous teams below to reach to get a QB. Thereby trading with us to give us morebpicks. Either way the QB interviews were as much a smokescreen as a true identifying of a QB they may want.

I think the 49ers were more of a threat then Buffalo ever was.

Predictably, everyone on here will praise the Browns because in TBD land trading down good, trading up bad, but if I'm a Browns fan I'm thinking at some point I maybe need a QB.

That being said, what the hell are the Eagles doing? Either a) they're not taking a QB or b) they HAVE to trade either Bradford (impossible) or Daniel, right?

What a strange offseason.

I don't get the move unless they're putting all their eggs in the Deshaun Watson basket.

I don't get the move unless they're putting all their eggs in the Deshaun Watson basket.

i don't think they are, but they could end up with him. I think their analytics guys determined neither one of the QBs was worth one of the top 2 picks, so they dealt it. And they are in a 2-4 year rebuild. It's almost like an expansion team. They have a few good players but NO depth. They didn't do anything in FA and they just need as many players as they can get that fit their new system. I still think they take a QB this year in the first 2 rounds but they currently have 3 QBs on 2 year or longer deals. Plus Terrell Pryor at WR who could be the #3/emergency QB if needed.

CLE wants Cardale Jones.. I suspected as much... Making goo-goo eyes at Wentz and Goff was a very successful ploy... Getting Philly to give up their firstborn wasn't easy... Pep. and Hue really sold the damn thing! -Watering down those footballs was 100% pure GENIUS.

Browns-Eagles trade will increase demand for other quarterbacks in the first round

By: Jonah Tuls - DraftWire

With this huge trade, the top two picks are virtually locked in as of this moment in that the Los Angleles Rams will draft California quarterback Jared Goff with the top overall selection, and the Philadelphia Eagles will take North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz with the second pick. Both teams desperately needed a franchise quarterback to get back on track. However, what does this do for the rest of the quarterback-hungry teams drafting in the first round?

i don't think they are, but they could end up with him. I think their analytics guys determined neither one of the QBs was worth one of the top 2 picks, so they dealt it. And they are in a 2-4 year rebuild. It's almost like an expansion team. They have a few good players but NO depth. They didn't do anything in FA and they just need as many players as they can get that fit their new system. I still think they take a QB this year in the first 2 rounds but they currently have 3 QBs on 2 year or longer deals. Plus Terrell Pryor at WR who could be the #3/emergency QB if needed.

Cleveland needs a lot. I'd say taking Goff or Wentz gives them at least a vision. More importantly for that team getting a QB at the top gives the fans some hope. Some reason to go to games. Maybe they're sold on Bob Griffin but hypothetically they go 5-11 pick top 5 and take a QB at top of 2nd rd who plays sparingly they're in the market at top of 2017 draft.

On a side note if the Titans were offered what the Browns were I'd love the deal.

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles 3m3 minutes ago

#Eagles have agreed to a trade with the Cleveland Browns to acquire the second-overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 46s46 seconds ago

The #Eagles receive: No. 2, 2017 fourth rounder. #Browns receive: No. 8, No. 77, No. 100; 2017 1st rounder, 2018 2nd rounder.

if they get Wentz it will be well worth it.

CLE wants Cardale Jones.. I suspected as much... Making goo-goo eyes at Wentz and Goff was a very successful ploy... Getting Philly to give up their firstborn wasn't easy... Pep. and Hue really sold the damn thing! -Watering down those footballs was 100% pure GENIUS.

:worthy::lol::worthy::lol:

Browns can still trade down for Lynch and get another pick. So far moneyball is working if they start drafting better.

It's like they have a Ernie Adams behind the curtain now.

Edited by ALF