Philly trades for #2!

FireChan

Glad it was not the Bills moving up there. Too much to give up for what may or may not be a franchise QB. The Bills have other needs. While I love Sammy Watkins and what he brings to the table, it was not worth our next years #1 to move up to get him, given the other quality Wide outs in the draft.

Agree to disagree. Watkins could be one of the best ever

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictably, everyone on here will praise the Browns because in TBD land trading down good, trading up bad, but if I'm a Browns fan I'm thinking at some point I maybe need a QB.

That being said, what the hell are the Eagles doing? Either a) they're not taking a QB or b) they HAVE to trade either Bradford (impossible) or Daniel, right?

What a strange offseason.

I'll tell you this: if I were a Browns' fan, I'd be wondering why I'm trading out of the chance to pick a QB.

I'd especially be wondering why I'm doing so as a team with no GM that just fired much of my scouting staff and is being run by a lawyer and a baseball executive.

So true. Even in 2014, the Browns should have just stayed at #4 and picked the BPA (Sammy/Mack). And here they would have had a shot at a pretty decent QB.

"Trading down" is ok for a general philosophy, but not if you are the type to end up with Gilbert, Manziel, and Cam Erving.

Listened to Andrew Brandt this morning talk about how Philly ALREADY has 34M tied up in QB's.

So...lockdown corner?

They've already announced (just now) that they'll be picking one of the two QBs. It makes no sense to me. They're going to end up with like $50M guaranteed to three QBs.

I'd love to bug DePodesta's phone.

I wonder if he's rewritten the trade value chart yet. If not, I expect he will.

I wonder what kind of analytics he's using this year to project the NFL performance of college players.

Given all their needs, this seems like a good trade for the Browns despite their need for a QB.

DePodesta may think there's a higher probability one of the mid-tier QBs will succeed in the NFL than Goff or Wentz. With all his picks (including #8), DePodesta can still grab a QB.

They've already announced (just now) that they'll be picking one of the two QBs. It makes no sense to me. They're going to end up with like $50M guaranteed to three QBs.

It's like Cleveland doesnt want to have a QB, and Philly wants to collect too many!

Which is worse??!

I'd love to bug DePodesta's phone.

I wonder if he's rewritten the trade value chart yet. If not, I expect he will.

I wonder what kind of analytics he's using this year to project the NFL performance of college players.

Given all their needs, this seems like a good trade for the Browns despite their need for a QB.

DePodesta may think there's a higher probability one of the mid-tier QBs will succeed in the NFL than Goff or Wentz. With all his picks (including #8), DePodesta can still grab a QB.

Good point. I guess they could still end up with Lynch, and extra picks.

Trading all the those picks and not even know who you're getting? That's crazy.

Trading up is for suckers, period.

They know--even if we don't.

Though nearly everything I've heard recently ties LA to Goff, which makes sense because Peter King said weeks ago that Philly wanted to move up to 2 to get Wentz.

Just insane, insane I tell you. I watched hours of tape on both these guys, and IMO, none of them are modern-day 1st round picks. They are who you got back in the old days when QB's like Rogers and Brady sat to learn the job.. These guys will not start, but of course they will.. LOL

Tim-

Just insane, insane I tell you. I watched hours of tape on both these guys, and IMO, none of them are modern-day 1st round picks. They are who you got back in the old days when QB's like Rogers and Brady sat to learn the job.. These guys will not start, but of course they will.. LOL

Tim-

You have not "watched hours of tape" on Goff and Wentz...