Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Barr testimony delayed after Jerry Nadler gets into car accident

by Mike Brest

Original Article

Attorney General William Barr's testimony in front of the House Judiciary Committee has been delayed after Chairman Jerry Nadler was in a car accident on his way to Capitol Hill. Nadler, a New York Democrat, was not injured, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN. Nadler was not driving the vehicle at the time of the accident. The oversight hearing with Barr, originally set for 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, is now expected to start 45 minutes behind schedule.

Of course he wasn't driving, he can't reach the pedals.

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont recall the Michigan protest lasting weeks or months?  Could be the difference.

They also didn't throw anything, light any fires, or destroy any property. The description of 'storming is exceptionally pathetic considering everyone who entered the building waited in line and was subjected to temperature checks. Also, to my knowledge, any ww2 era Germany references were being applied to the governor, not being worn by the protesters. If I recall the signs correctly, they stated 'hail Whitmer'. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They also didn't throw anything, light any fires, or destroy any property. The description of 'storming is exceptionally pathetic considering everyone who entered the building waited in line and was subjected to temperature checks. Also, to my knowledge, any ww2 era Germany references were being applied to the governor, not being worn by the protesters. If I recall the signs correctly, they stated 'hail Whitmer'. 

I guess we should go ahead and take our facts elsewhere?

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

"Peaceful" Americans. 

That's funny.

It's almost like the left hasn't watched a single second of the violence happening in Portland. Or maybe that's just your idea of peaceful.

That cartoon only reinforces the notion that the left thinks their average follower has an IQ of 10.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

"Peaceful" Americans. 

That's funny.

It's almost like the left hasn't watched a single second of the violence happening in Portland. Or maybe that's just your idea of peaceful.

...NOT to their political benefit......promoting turmoil on Trump's watch is their mantra, no matter who dies or what gets destroyed.....

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Feeding your own paranoia?  Do you fantasize about a cop's baton stuck in your nether regions?

It's always the ones in the closet who love to project.

Oddly, I met Abner Louima a couple times.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

It's always the ones in the closet who love to project.

Oddly, I met Abner Louima a couple times.

I know that this is painful for you to accept but I am not projecting.  You are the one that is going on and on about Trump and cops.  Not me.  I have no idea as to Abner Louima is.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I know that this is painful for you to accept but I am not projecting.  You are the one that is going on and on about Trump and cops.  Not me.  I have no idea as to Abner Louima is.

Not shocked you didn't understand. 

Just now, Kemp said:

Not shocked you didn't understand. 

Your reading comprehension skills are obviously lacking.  I never said that I did not understand.  I merely stated I had no idea as to who Abner Louima is and I would imagine that most Americans do not including many liberals.  His name would mainly register with those who are obsessed with police brutality cases.  I am not a walking encyclopedia of police brutality cases.

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

That cartoon only reinforces the notion that the left thinks their average follower has an IQ of 10.  

And then one of their followers posts it, leading me to believe  the left is correct in their assumption.

I've said it before, I could never be a Democrat simply because I could never admit to being that stupid.

54 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

....BUT.....if the Left racks up a 15, they're morally superior, right?......BIGGER is BETTER??..........

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And then one of their followers posts it, leading me to believe  the left is correct in their assumption.

I've said it before, I could never be a Democrat simply because I could never admit to being that stupid.

I'll admit I was a lifelong democrat, but I didn't leave the party, it left me. I became a registered independent about 15 years ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Portland and Seattle are just beyond belief to me. Peaceful protests are fine but violence and vandalism I can't understand .  I do give the protesters credit for ingenuity using leaf blowers against tear gas. If the mayors there don't want federal troops or national guard then it's their police who get injured and all the businesses getting damaged. This is not how MLK and John Lewis protested what a mess.

The mayors & governors are on record as supporting the protesters.  Presumably they are opposed to the destruction of their biggest cities.  If both positions are held by them, and it seems that for the most part protests during daylight hours are peaceful & nighttime protests are anything but peaceful; then wouldn't it make sense that they'd support & enact curfews?

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont recall the Michigan protest lasting weeks or months?  Could be the difference.

That rant was hilarious. Very few of her assertions were true, and most of those that were true were grossly (and disingenuously) exaggerated.

I hope Barr's answer to her rant was, "No."

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

But she said it incredibly loud so she must be right?

Well, of course. Don't forget the 'boss move' of telling Barr that it was her time, she controls it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

God bless Trump’s America... 

In regard to a video on social media that took place at 2 Ave & 25 St, a woman taken into custody in an unmarked van was wanted for damaging police cameras during 5 separate criminal incidents in & around City Hall Park. The arresting officers were assaulted with rocks & bottles.

You’re on the side of criminals. I’m in the side of NYPD. Good job NYPD!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

In regard to a video on social media that took place at 2 Ave & 25 St, a woman taken into custody in an unmarked van was wanted for damaging police cameras during 5 separate criminal incidents in & around City Hall Park. The arresting officers were assaulted with rocks & bottles.

You’re on the side of criminals. I’m in the side of NYPD. Good job NYPD!

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

JEN has just as much credibility as you! 

So why did you quote her as your eye witness? 

Wouldn’t you be better served using someone with....you know....CREDIBILITY??

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

in all seriousness, I’d like to see what happened before that video started, for context at the very least.

Context has no place in today’s instant sound byte Information Age. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Your reading comprehension skills are obviously lacking.  I never said that I did not understand.  I merely stated I had no idea as to who Abner Louima is and I would imagine that most Americans do not including many liberals.  His name would mainly register with those who are obsessed with police brutality cases.  I am not a walking encyclopedia of police brutality cases.

My previous statement had nothing to do with Abner Louima o slow one.

Detroit police chief explains lack of violent riots in Motor City: 'We don't retreat here'

James Craig says city's mayor, community members have 'stood together' against street radicals

Detroit Police Chief James Craig joined "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday to discuss why the city has been spared the violent protests happening in other urban centers across the U.S.

"We don't retreat here in Detroit. We're just not gonna do it," Craig told host Tucker Carlson. "You saw the images ... of streets where there was lawlessness, looting, burning. No sign of police officers. We weren't giving up ground to the radicals. We just didn't do it."

While Detroit has avoided major unrest, Portland has been gripped by nightly demonstrations and riots for more than two months while rejecting offers of federal assistance from President Trump.

In apparent contrast to Portland, Craig told Carlson, citizens of Detroit are "fed up with these radical protests."

"I'm not to talking about these peaceful protests ... [I mean] these misguided radicals that have tried to incite violence in our city," the chief said. "They said, 'We're not going to put up with it.' And so we got a couple of things. We got a great police department, great leadership, but we have a community that stands with us and said, 'enough is enough.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detroit-police-chief-we-dont-retreat-here

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Detroit police chief explains lack of violent riots in Motor City: 'We don't retreat here'

James Craig says city's mayor, community members have 'stood together' against street radicals

Detroit Police Chief James Craig joined "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday to discuss why the city has been spared the violent protests happening in other urban centers across the U.S.

"We don't retreat here in Detroit. We're just not gonna do it," Craig told host Tucker Carlson. "You saw the images ... of streets where there was lawlessness, looting, burning. No sign of police officers. We weren't giving up ground to the radicals. We just didn't do it."

While Detroit has avoided major unrest, Portland has been gripped by nightly demonstrations and riots for more than two months while rejecting offers of federal assistance from President Trump.

In apparent contrast to Portland, Craig told Carlson, citizens of Detroit are "fed up with these radical protests."

"I'm not to talking about these peaceful protests ... [I mean] these misguided radicals that have tried to incite violence in our city," the chief said. "They said, 'We're not going to put up with it.' And so we got a couple of things. We got a great police department, great leadership, but we have a community that stands with us and said, 'enough is enough.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detroit-police-chief-we-dont-retreat-here

While Detroit remains no picnic......................

Craig has proven himself to be one of the best police chiefs in this country.