Liberal Protests

B-Man

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ryan Saavedra - big Trump supporter.

This view is becoming clear with each passing hour.

The growing calls from Conservatives wondering - Where the hell is Trump? -   This is a complete abdication of leadership. 

And just to be clear, none of these people influenced my view of this.  It has become increasingly clear over the past 36 hours that while the country is burning down there seems to be a vacuum in direction.

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Some would say going silent while the country tears itself apart is another masterstroke.  A new triumph.  

And where are the growing calls for the Mayors of these cities, and the Governors of their states, to set curfews, call in the National Guard, and actually use law enforcement to stop this violence. They can literally do the same thing people are screaming for Trump to do.

Could it be because it cannot be done without force and these Mayors and Governors want no part of having to answer for the first protester that gets injured or killed when they direct LE officers/National Guard to end it? Could it be because they would rather have Trump do it and then use it against him?

Personally, I wish Trump would go ahead and take care of it because these Mayors and Governors don't have the balls to do it themselves. I would just like to see the "outrage" distributed a little more equally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's have a look at Trump's options:

Option A - Call in the Army and crush the riots. Response from progressives: RACIST INSENSITIVE FASCIST! HATES BLACK PEOPLE!

Option B - Do nothing. Response from conservatives: WHERE'S OUR LAW AND ORDER?

If you were him, what would you do?

The fact that you see these as the only two options says a lot about your partisanship. There is an insane amount of "in between" between those options where the right answer exists. Part of being a president is being criticized. It's time for Trump deal with whatever the consequences are and lead the country. He's a draft dodging coward who is also dodges his duty as president.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ryan Saavedra - big Trump supporter.

This view is becoming clear with each passing hour.

The growing calls from Conservatives wondering - Where the hell is Trump? -   This is a complete abdication of leadership. 

And just to be clear, none of these people influenced my view of this.  It has become increasingly clear over the past 36 hours that while the country is burning down there seems to be a vacuum in direction.

It’s pretty obvious that Trump is calling on the Democratic mayors and governors to take control of the situation first. If that continues to fail, the President will have no choice but to take charge.

And if there is a lot of bloodshed, the President will get crucified for taking control.

He can’t win no matter what direction he chooses.

Democratic leadership is the failure here.

• Like (+1) 2

Total BADA*S! Thread makes hero who disarmed soy boy of AR-15 at Seattle riot saving countless lives look even MORE amazing

One of the most striking videos seen this past weekend from the various riots across the country was that a man disarming another man (sorry, soy boy) holding an AR-15 that he appears to have ‘found’ in a police car. This footage quickly made its way around social media …

Watch.

Brandi Kruse, who appears to work with the man who saved countless lives by disarming the moron in a hoodie wrote a thread about him …

More at the link;

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Personally, I wish Trump would go ahead and take care of it because these Mayors and Governors don't have the balls to do it themselves. I would just like to see the "outrage" distributed a little more equally.

1 minute ago, Keukasmallies said:

Option A.  Resolve the problem; deal with the fallout later.

I disagree.

Whether or not people want to admit it, Trump has worked hard to bring the rule of law back to this country. Simply skipping the steps and absolving the Mayors and Governors of their duty, is not the way to proceed. Will it come to that? Maybe. There are 23 states (and DC) that now have the National Guard called up. If more need to do so, they should. The feds are last in line.

Does it suck for the cities and states with the do-nothing politicians? Hell yeah.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

The fact that you see these as the only two options says a lot about your partisanship. There is an insane amount of "in between" between those options where the right answer exists. Part of being a president is being criticized. It's time for Trump deal with whatever the consequences are and lead the country. He's a draft dodging coward who is also dodges his duty as president.

And here comes Warren with his "drive-by" shot of superficial analysis. Please, Warren, enlighten us all about the "in-between" options available to stop unchecked looting, vandalism, arson, assault, and muder.

We'll await, what we are all sure will be, an intellectually stunning and in-depth plan.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's have a look at Trump's options:

Option A - Call in the Army and crush the riots. Response from progressives: RACIST INSENSITIVE FASCIST! HATES BLACK PEOPLE!

Option B - Do nothing. Response from conservatives: WHERE'S OUR LAW AND ORDER?

If you were him, what would you do?

Option C - Call on congress to pass a law making it a federal crime to cause the death of any individual in police custody, who is incapacitated, to die due to inaction or direct action against that person.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

And here comes Warren with his "drive-by" shot of superficial analysis. Please, Warren, enlighten us all about the "in-between" options available to stop unchecked looting, vandalism, arson, assault, and muder.

Address the nation with honesty and compassion

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

Option C - Call on congress to pass a law making it a federal crime to cause the death of any individual in police custody, who is incapacitated, to die due to inaction or direct action against that person.

And that tops the rioting how?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hitler should have crushed them. <_<

There is a chain this goes through, as I have written before. The conservatives can complain, but they should know better.  The President does not jump local (police/mayor) or state (governor/ state police/national guard), no matter how many people would like to believe otherwise. I am not sure why these conservatives do not know this.  ?‍♂️

Trump should be out there with a baton and some pepper spray!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I disagree.

Whether or not people want to admit it, Trump has worked hard to bring the rule of law back to this country. Simply skipping the steps and absolving the Mayors and Governors of their duty, is not the way to proceed. Will it come to that? Maybe. There are 23 states (and DC) that now have the National Guard called up. If more need to do so, they should. The feds are last in line.

Does it suck for the cities and states with the do-nothing politicians? Hell yeah.

I agree that the feds should be the last line; however, it is clear the lack of a response at the local and state levels is just encouraging more. It has to end and I really don't know if it is goiong to happen if the feds don't step in. Tough call eithe way.

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

That is up to the states to stop.  But it diminishes the idea that the Trump administration is siding with racist cops.

Then it doesn't address the immediate issue at all. Let me rephrase the question: What can Donald Trump do to stop the rioting/looting/arson/murder in the immediate term.

Warren Zevon thinks if he puts on a Mr. Rogers act, this will all end.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

Address the nation with honesty and compassion

As I thought. You throw s**t out and never offer anything substantive. What is the "honesty" you are looking for? Please define it. And then tell us how that "honesty will stop people who truly have no problem looting stores, burning businesses and residences to the ground, and physically assaulting anyone in their way?

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And that tops the rioting how?

donald trump is president of not only his supporters but also protesters and those people whom are peacefully protesting. Why you would think it would be inappropriate for he to speak to THOSE people  while at the same time condemning violence and the looters/criminals in their midst.  

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Then it doesn't address the immediate issue at all. Let me rephrase the question: What can Donald Trump do to stop the rioting/looting/arson/murder in the immediate term.

Warren Zevon thinks if he puts on a Mr. Rogers act, this will all end.

Federal power to quell a protest in any jurisdiction in the United states is limited by the Posse Comitatus act and limitations of federal power in the constitution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are so completely wrong. If you want to present any actual evidence to support systemic racism in police departments, please do. If you want to have an honest discussion about this, I am more than willing. 

Why don't you write out, point by point, what constitutes systemic racism in many police departments, and let's discuss it like adults.

I don't think I need to. The evidence out there in open source reporting is enough, isn't it? 

How could I post stuff about the racist cops and other government workers that were totally racist? 

Just now, bdutton said:

Federal power to quell a protest in any jurisdiction in the United states is limited by the Posse Comitatus act and limitations of federal power in the constitution.

EXACTLY.

Therefore, leftist idiots are fooling uneducated sheep into thinking this is all on Trump's lap. And uneducated conservatives are as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

As I thought. You throw s**t out and never offer anything substantive. What is the "honesty" you are looking for? Please define it. And then tell us how that "honesty will stop people who truly have no problem looting stores, burning businesses and residences to the ground, and physically assaulting anyone in their way?

I think if Trump could give an honest admission that racism is still a problem in America and offer compassion for victims of race related crimes, it would be a step to ratchet down  the protests, thus diffusing removing the excuse for idiots to loot.

• Like (+1) 1