Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the right price? He's 8th among active players in sacks and has the most out of any player since entering the league in 2006. What's the right price to you, since you're cutting the checks apparently?

Ever been to two bills drive ? Ever heard a joke ?

What are these checks you're talking about Ej Stan ?

And this

If we are going to use him like we did last year or he is going to perform like he did last year, I don't think he fits at any price.

but still wants Rexy to meet him halfway (no likey dropping back in coverage)

I will give him this - he is consistent with his quotes.

Thats fair. I think he should only have to move forward. All 4 of them SHOULD ONLY MOVE FORWARD

Well Jerry can move any way he wants... but 300 lbs should go forth

Edited by Agent 91

At the right price? He's 8th among active players in sacks and has the most out of any player since entering the league in 2006. What's the right price to you, since you're cutting the checks apparently?

I know what he said but with your stats and his skill set... you make your defense work for him... and dareus... the thing that kills me is people who act like mario was the only one not productive. He tied for lead in sacks and that was at 5 friggin sacks. Something is wrong... Mario settles on 12 or 13 mil a season done deal for me

I know what he said but with your stats and his skill set... you make your defense work for him... and dareus... the thing that kills me is people who act like mario was the only one not productive. He tied for lead in sacks and that was at 5 friggin sacks. Something is wrong... Mario settles on 12 or 13 mil a season done deal for me

I, too, would like to think the coaching staff would be able to figure out a way to utilize or motivate a player with exemplary talent.

You don't get it, dig deeper.

You're right, I don't. Explain it to me like I'm you five.

@jonahjavad

My biggest takeaway from Mario Williams convo w/ @JosinaAnderson: Coaches, players finding common ground on scheme.

When I spoke with @NickellRobey_37 at locker clean-out, he said Bills coaches gave players more on-field freedom vs. Jets in Week 17.

Coaches allowed defense to call plays/audibles. Seems like the breakthrough both sides needed.

Mario's comments fall in line with that.

I think am right that Mario's cap hit this year is $19.7m with a saving of $12.7m from cutting him and dead cap of $7m. I'd be wanting him to cut his cap hit in half to do it... so basically he would cost us $2.5-3m more than cutting him.

But I'd also want to know he was all in and I was convinced he was going to try. If I had any doubt on that I cut him.

I think am right that Mario's cap hit this year is $19.7m with a saving of $12.7m from cutting him and dead cap of $7m. I'd be wanting him to cut his cap hit in half to do it... so basically he would cost us $2.5-3m more than cutting him.

But I'd also want to know he was all in and I was convinced he was going to try. If I had any doubt on that I cut him.

yes- in his own words, it certainly is about more than just the numbers.

He counts 7mill against the cap whether he's here or not. If you can even get it down to that... Is he worth it if he buys in? Does Rex hold a grudge that he pouted and quit and made him look bad?

The Bills may even tear up the contract and do a new one. Who knows.

i love me some Mario...

but that ship has sailed.....he quit on his teammates...it's over......time to move on.......besides , rex isn't changing.

as far as the team goes, he'd have to take a pay cut down to about $1-2 mil......and that aint happening.

this is just PR posturing

Pay cut, and take away his refrigerator.

I think he can still play, and like someone noted, it wasn't just Mario Williams who had a bad year, pretty much the whole front 7 suddenly sucked...Wrex's fault methinks.

If they can figure out how to use him, I would be very happy to keep him.

So if they keep him, does that mean a Nose Tackle is the only big priority for the line?

You think so?

Did he seal his fate when he publicly complained about the defense?

Wouldnt the Bills save more money by keeping him then they would cutting him?

CBF

?

Why?

Too expensive, too whiny, too selfish, and too late. CYA

I really don't care anymore. We have need for that cap hit elsewhere and there's a plethora of guys in the draft that can do what Rex wants.

Mario won't truly buy in to Rex because Rex won't change who he is. It's a bad marriage, get a divorce.

we take at least a 7m hit whether he's here or not though I thought. So wonder what he's willing to do in a new deal. I originally thought he wouldn't agree to an extension. It could end up opening more cap space to keep him on a new deal than cutting him. Unless I'm not looking at the contract right. Edited by YoloinOhio