McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Mods, can the thread title get changed to read:

McCoy allegedly involved in bar fight with off-duty officers. [update: not named in police report]

I think the thread title is very misleading for those at work who don't have time to look into this.

Edited by fridge

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read all 11 pages................ Huge amount of police negativism here. And the police have their work cut out for them weeding out the bad ones. But, when you really need help, who is going to show up to help you? Think about it

You will never hear me be negative about law enforcement

There are bad apples just like there are in any other profession that you depend on to protect you....but the majority of these guys are hero's.

Nothing but respect

Read all 11 pages................ Huge amount of police negativism here. And the police have their work cut out for them weeding out the bad ones. But, when you really need help, who is going to show up to help you? Think about it

It's a false dichotomoy.

In my experience I've dealt with a lot of very sh*tty police officers. The job attracts a lot of ego-driven, power hungry, validation seeking people by it's very nature. The job of a police department is important in a society like ours, of course.

But because I might need them to show up in an emergency, does that mean I cannot be critical of them? That I cannot dislike them in general for their behaviors during their other duties? Or in this case, off-duty?

I like cops.

groups of off-duty cops in a bar/club often can start feces with people and look for trouble. I have seen it and experienced it. More than any other 'group'.

It isnt anti-police. It is just personal experience. Whenever I hear about an incident in a bar involving off-duty cops, I can imagine some of the events that took place and things that were said... and likely be correct

Edited by May Day 10

Aren't they in the hospital?

Ok - cop explaining not showing up at work?

For the lack of report angle I wasn't trying to create some airtight story, just give a general sense of how it could come about after the fact instead of immediately

I think that ship has sailed, sadly.

What are you saying ? Everyone who went to a club this past Saturday night has issues ? Did you see video of him stomping cops yet or nahhhh ?

The cops that drink champagne at 2am in trendy clubs ? I don't want their help, or to be their babysitter. They are just people

What are you saying ? Everyone who went to a club this past Saturday night has issues ? Did you see video of him stomping cops yet or nahhhh ?

The cops that drink champagne at 2am in trendy clubs ? I don't want their help, or to be their babysitter. They are just people

I was talking about the not wanting Shady to be dumb. See the highlighted quote.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lesean-mccoy-curtis-brinkley-altercation-duty-police

Sounds as though McCoy was having an evening out with some bully homeboys/hangers on (anyone know who Christopher Henderson was in football? Tamarcus Porter was a Pitt guy)

"Video surveillance from outside showed both parties being ejected from the club, according to the report. A camera inside the club where the incident occurred “was not functional.”

How convenient.

What happens in douchebag members-only Philly establishments stays in douchebag members-only Philly establishments.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lesean-mccoy-curtis-brinkley-altercation-duty-police

Sounds as though McCoy was having an evening out with some bully homeboys/hangers on (anyone know who Christopher Henderson was in football? Tamarcus Porter was a Pitt guy)

"Video surveillance from outside showed both parties being ejected from the club, according to the report. A camera inside the club where the incident occurred “was not functional.”

How convenient.

“Just in case y’all gonna decide to not do the right thing, and y’all got a crew, you got to have a fall guy in your crew.” - Chris Carter

http://bobleesays.com/2015/08/23/the-nfls-always-have-a-fall-guy-rule/

I was talking about the not wanting Shady to be dumb. See the highlighted quote.

You said earlier he was trouble and you'd have to be blind to miss it.

Despite shady never being in trouble with the law, or having any serious discipline issues in his career. I get not liking a guy's demeanor or the way he carries himself, but saying you'd have to be blind not to see he's trouble is just a tad bit too far. Shows your bias.

McCoy wasn't named in the police report

Critical piece of info and answers my top question without having to look it up, thanks.

From the link:

McCoy, 27, now with the Buffalo Bills, former San Diego Chargers running back Curtis Brinkley, 30, former University of Pittsburgh player Tamarcus Porter, 27, and Christopher Henderson, 26

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160209_LeSean_McCoy_eyed_in_assault_2_off-duty_Philly_cops.html#FrSbkD4B9QKYTzAF.99

so a bunch of former college/NFL players and McCoy over a fourth bottle of champagne the officers ordered that Porter felt they were entitled to.

I do agree that McCoy seems like a real ass at times, and he's exactly the type that wouldn't stand with his friends in this type of situation.