McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read all 11 pages................ Huge amount of police negativism here. And the police have their work cut out for them weeding out the bad ones. But, when you really need help, who is going to show up to help you? Think about it

Leave me alone punk ass cop! Can't you see I'm trying to break the law here?

You said earlier he was trouble and you'd have to be blind to miss it.

Despite shady never being in trouble with the law, or having any serious discipline issues in his career. I get not liking a guy's demeanor or the way he carries himself, but saying you'd have to be blind not to see he's trouble is just a tad bit too far. Shows your bias.

My bias stems from stuff like this, of which there is tons: http://deadspin.com/5979293/lesean-mccoy-sics-twitter-army-on-his-broke-worthless-babymama-after-she-accuses-him-of-being-a-deadbeat-dad

He is a good football player, however.

Edited by dave mcbride

I do agree that McCoy seems like a real ass at times, and he's exactly the type that wouldn't stand with his friends in this type of situation.

Interesting read on McCoy. I also get the vibe that he would run away if it got too hot in the kitchen. I gave him props earlier, but now I wonder how much he was involved, if at all.

Someone earlier made a good point that many sections in the police report may be false or made up to make the cops look good. These guys are no longer third-party, and should not be writing police reports based on altercations they may have started off-duty while drunk.

I just don't like them.

And if I have an emergency I would expect them to come. Because it's their job.

It appears that you dislike all cops. Am I wrong?

Are cops the only group of individuals you "don't like?"

Is hating all cops really much different than hating an entire race?

Yeah, I get it. You don't like the guy and will believe any rumor or inuendo that paints him in a poor light. That's fine, just call it what it is.

Saying he's trouble and you have to blind to miss it, despite his clean record, is a little much, don't you think?

(And for the record I'm not saying he's innocent in this matter -- just that we don't know what happened yet so let's not rush to judgement )

Edited by Deranged Rhino

@geoffmoshernfl

Timing is everything in NFL. Per source, LeSean McCoy was supposed to head to Phoenix today to start his offseason training.

I find that hilarious, whether or not it was already planned. It's exactly what I'd put out there if I was his agent. "LeSean, you were planning to head to - I don't know, somewhere far away - Phoenix. For training. Today. Now get on a plane and get the f*** out of Philly. Remember, it was a planned trip." Edited by BarleyNY

Read all 11 pages................ Huge amount of police negativism here. And the police have their work cut out for them weeding out the bad ones. But, when you really need help, who is going to show up to help you? Think about it

The point is not to bash police because they are police, and also not to jump to the conclusion that MCCoy is at fault because the other guys are police. The media seems to be making a big deal of the fact that these were off duty cops, even referring to their length of time in the department and their rank. How is that relevant here? It's not relevant because they weren't acting as police officers. They were guys in a bar drinking, just like McCoy. It is only relevant if the Philly PD is handling the case differently because it involved 2 cops.

So the issue isn't about whether cops are good or bad, but is whether the story here is being shaped, and conclusions being prematurely reached because the incident involved police.

Let me step in here and say that he never once said that he hates cops. There are good cops and bad cops, everyone knows and understands this.

It's the profession most sensitive to criticism and it shouldn't be. Police officers are sworn to protect and serve. They are civil servants who should not attempt to influence public opinion (the people that they work for).

Edited by fridge

Are you calling me racist because I don't like cops in general? Do I need to write a "P.S" at the end of every comment I make saying "but of course, not all cops are bad".

Yeah, I get it. You don't like the guy and will believe any rumor or inuendo that paints him in a poor light. That's fine, just call it what it is.

Saying he's trouble and you have to blind to miss it, despite his clean record, is a little much, don't you think?

Depends on what you mean by "clean." Do I think he should be playing in the NFL? Yes, I do; he hasn't been convicted of anything, and he's a good player. Does he make the Bills better? In the short term, most likely (others like Badol disagree). Is he a grade-A jerk? Judging from the countless "rumored" stories and his own occasional idiotic public comments and actions (i.e., on record), yes. Should I care about whether I like a player or not? Given that the sport rewards brutality, perhaps not, but I do. I guess it's a character flaw of mine.

Let me step in here and say that he never once said that he hates cops. There are good cops and bad cops, everyone knows and understands this.

It's the profession most sensitive to criticism and it shouldn't be. Police officers are sworn to protect and serve. They are civil servants who need to be effect by, or attempt to influence public opinion (the people that they work for).

He's correct that I don't like cops in general. I just feel it goes without saying that there are good cops out there. I just get annoyed of having to make disclaimers every time I say my opinion.