McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

UPDATE: PhillyInfluencer.com has learned that Philly Rapper Meek Mill, who was just put on house arrest this week for violating probation, was in fact at Recess on the night of February 7th. Multiple sources say that Meek was in the VIP section on this night. This story continues to take many turns and now it now puts Meek in the spotlig

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/02/report-lesean-mccoy-allegedly-assaulted-and-hospitalized-philly-police-officers/

When he inherits the earth, we're in !@#$ing trouble.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: PhillyInfluencer.com has learned that Philly Rapper Meek Mill, who was just put on house arrest this week for violating probation, was in fact at Recess on the night of February 7th. Multiple sources say that Meek was in the VIP section on this night. This story continues to take many turns and now it now puts Meek in the spotlight.

Now this is getting really good. Was Dion Waiters there too?

Funny how there's always problems with the cameras in bars when something like this happens.

Amen. Let's keep it that way.

The following is from the report apparently:

"When Butler 'moved to another location with his bottle,' former Pitt football player Tamarcus Porter 'approached him and tried to pull the bottle from his hand.'”

This seems odd. Could be true, but it smells like something a police officer would put in a report to protect another police officer.

Shady has plenty of money. His friends have no reason to be trying to take a champagne bottle from anyone else.

Thank you for actually reading and looking into this. It's incredibly fishy. My gut says that because Lesean is wealthy and can afford a great lawyer they will try and pressure charges to be dropped due to a lack of evidence.

No doubt that a fight occurred of some sort, who it involved is certainly not proved, and motive, as you pointed out is highly questionable at best. There is almost nothing here to suggest McCoy actually committed a crime, although the court of public opinion will likely find him guilty as hell.

Edit: It's also important to note that McCoy has actually not been charged with anything, though there were reports that the Philly PD is seeking arrest warrants...

Edited by fridge

Caller to Philly radio said he heard from someone who was there that the fight was started by the "cops" -- and apparently got the worst of it

Shocker...

Honestly...I'm surprised more people did not think this was a possibility after reading through the first few leaks...

"When Butler 'moved to another location with his bottle,' former Pitt football player Tamarcus Porter 'approached him and tried to pull the bottle from his hand.'

This seems odd. Could be true, but it smells like something a police officer would put in a report to protect another police officer.

Shady has plenty of money. His friends have no reason to try to take a champagne bottle from anyone else.

and Lynch has lots of money and didn't have to sneak his own bottle into a club, or take $20 from a woman at a restaurant......

I don't get why people are even waiting for a police report to come out, it's not like they will believe it anyway because they will just brush whatever is in it off as cops protecting cops

Just like every cop is a criminal.......

I don't know what started this mess or exactly what happened, so this is a guess:

I think there is a better chance of a guy named "Shady," with several million dollars in his pocket, being guilty of assault than I would a member of a top notch police department with a fractured skull, but that's just me.

"Top notch police department." Whatever gave you that idea? Unfortunately, the power of the FOP in Philadelphia has made it virtually impossible to fire bad cops in the city. While there are certainly good cops in Philly, the inability to weed out many bad ones, has stained the credibility of the department. Here is one of many examples. http://mobile.philly.com/news/local/?wss=/philly/news/local&id=313429311&

I would wait before rushing to judgment here. And that likely includes waiting beyond the police version of events.

"When Butler 'moved to another location with his bottle,' former Pitt football player Tamarcus Porter 'approached him and tried to pull the bottle from his hand.'

Shady has plenty of money. His friends have no reason to try to take a champagne bottle from anyone else.

Could be as simple as a drunk idiot thinking it's his.

and Lynch has lots of money and didn't have to sneak his own bottle into a club, or take $20 from a woman at a restaurant......

I don't get why people are even waiting for a police report to come out, it's not like they will believe it anyway because they will just brush whatever is in it off as cops protecting cops

Just like every cop is a criminal.......

And every cop fighting in a club is honest.

"When Butler 'moved to another location with his bottle,' former Pitt football player Tamarcus Porter 'approached him and tried to pull the bottle from his hand.'”

It's only a matter of time til the burnt bone fragments are found behind Shady's house in his firepit and the key 'magically' appears in his bedroom

Edited by stevewin