McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Shady escapes criminal charges, he still has to escape madman Goodell and his swift hand of (in)justice.

Key points will be whether Shady can legitimately claim self-defense (unlikely) or reasonable defense of another (possible) as reasons he took a swing. He shouldn't be suspended simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

@josh4reed (Another buffalo reporter)

Sources inside the LeSean McCoy camp tell me that charges won't be brought against the #Bills RB in regards to Philly incident.

Free shady !!! But what about the tape and kds and Weo's stories ?

There are some TBD lawyers about to be plenty pissed around here!

Zingaaaaa

This isn't the 80's. Nobody uses tapes anymore.

An apology from you should be on tape. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Even if Shady escapes criminal charges, he still has to escape madman Goodell and his swift hand of (in)justice.

Key points will be whether Shady can legitimately claim self-defense (unlikely) or reasonable defense of another (possible) as reasons he took a swing. He shouldn't be suspended simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think you use the Brady defense here - if the specific infraction wasn't clearly defined by the league ahead of time along with what the punishment would be for such an infraction, the league can't enforce any discipline. Does Goodell have a specific rule against being in an early morning bar fracas with friends who are criminally charged when you are not? If so, what's the penalty? How is Shady supposed to know what's against league rule and what the punishment is unless it is clearly stated ahead of time for everyone to know?

so if charges are not filed against Lesean, and charges against his buddy are brought forward there is anew dilemma. possibly.

His buddy wants to fight the charges and goes to trial. Now Shady is called to trial as a witness perhaps.

This thread has a lot of life left in it methinks

Free shady !!! But what about the tape and kds and Weo's stories ?

Zingaaaaa

Stories?

Anyway, I knew once the news of the cop flashing his gun came out that the case was likely gone. In fact I said this could be the case about 60 pages ago.

There's still the issue of a potential civil suit which has a lower burden of proof, right?

But yeah, if Shady claims he took a swing trying to get a crazy-drunk guy to let go of his man Porter's neck, the NFLPA will go full-tilt boogie behind McCoy if Sir Roger swings his suspension bridge. No player wants to feel that just being out in public and a ruckus occurring is reason to get slammed in the wallet and hurt their team with a suspension.

I'm still intrigued by the red man-purse (or reusable shopping bag) McCoy carried out of the meeting.

I think you use the Brady defense here - if the specific infraction wasn't clearly defined by the league ahead of time along with what the punishment would be for such an infraction, the league can't enforce any discipline. Does Goodell have a specific rule against being in an early morning bar fracas with friends who are criminally charged when you are not? If so, what's the penalty? How is Shady supposed to know what's against league rule and what the punishment is unless it is clearly stated ahead of time for everyone to know?

If that were the end of it, i think Roger sits on his hands. But i dont know if this is the ending

sorry, a bit late