McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I saw the punch. Did he connect with anyone? How does that fit into the fracas and who started it? That video doesn't mean **** or he's already be charged.

You're once again back to thinking in terms of legal consequences when you should be worried about league/team consequences. They don't need legal charges to suspend one of their own players for deciding to get involved in a "bar brawl" and throwing punches at people. I really can't put it any simpler than that.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we being realistic here or just closing our eyes and drooling over a play because he wears a Bills uniform on Sundays? Give me a break.

Great value? Karlos runs upright and is going to get the snot knocked out of him. Mike G? Really? a guy who had a few long runs late in the year while he had fresh legs. Number one rushing attack? Try 9th. That number is strongly aided by Tyrod and his propensity to run instead of pass.

I mistakenly said that at one point, and a couple of wiser heads pointed out that when subtracting Tyrod, I would also to be fair need to subtract out any QB rushing yards from the 8 teams ahead of us.

Turns out when you do that, many of the QB on the teams above us are also rushing for substantial yards and we're still in the top handful - don't remember exactly where, but higher than 5th. I mean, look at the teams ahead of us when you take out Tyrod's yards - Seahawks, Panthers, and Chiefs all have QB who stack up significant rushing yards. I was surprised how many rushing yards Alex Smith accumulated this year!!!

Do you think anyone in the NFL office has that video? We can go back and forth and speculate felony vs. a plea to a misdemeanor and add in the civil suit debate.... but in short McCoy put the organization in a tough spot and any reaction at this point is acceptable on behalf of the team.

Fans will debate his impact on the field but the bottom line is that Lesean is a highly paid football player who is staring at the backside of his career. In the short term his availability will be determined by the league office and Philly PD.

Okay. Let's say they do. What can they conclude from the incomplete video? Oh there it is....Shady threw a punch....Let's suspend him. Gimme a break.

All the video shows is he threw a punch. Trying to prove he connected, much less did damage, will be impossible. Good luck suspending over that. Especially if he did it to come to the aid of his friend.

Are we even positive that's McCoy throwing the punch? I know at the end, you can clearly see his face over someone's shoulder. And I know TMZ "ding'd" a figure they claim is McCoy throwing a punch. But is their ID correct? It's such a mob scene that I would have to go through the video in slo-mo and maybe use enhancement to be certain.

I mistakenly said that at one point, and a couple of wiser heads pointed out that when subtracting Tyrod, I would also to be fair need to subtract out any QB rushing yards from the 8 teams ahead of us.

Turns out when you do that, many of the QB on the teams above us are also rushing for substantial yards and we're still in the top handful - don't remember exactly where, but higher than 5th. I mean, look at the teams ahead of us when you take out Tyrod's yards - Seahawks, Panthers, and Chiefs all have QB who stack up significant rushing yards. I was surprised how many rushing yards Alex Smith accumulated this year!!!

Yeah Smith had one huge game. Maybe it was an early morning London game but he torched me in fantasy I remember that.

Are we even positive that's McCoy throwing the punch? I know at the end, you can clearly see his face over someone's shoulder. And I know TMZ "ding'd" a figure they claim is McCoy throwing a punch. But is their ID correct? It's such a mob scene that I would have to go through the video in slo-mo and maybe use enhancement to be certain.

He said he threw a punch, but missed.

Okay. Let's say they do. What can they conclude from the incomplete video? Oh there it is....Shady threw a punch....Let's suspend him. Gimme a break.

Right. Then you look at the guy handing down suspensions and you shake your head in disgust and move on. Commish has free reign over discipline and the longer this incident remains unresolved the more likely it is to sway the all mighty public opinion toward the negative end of the spectrum. That will result in games missed, none of us like it but that is the reality. Edited by Commonsense

Right. Then you look at the guy handing down suspensions and you shake your head in disgust and move on. Commish has free reign over discipline and the longer this incident remains unresolved the more likely it is to sway the all mighty public opinion toward the negative end of the spectrum. That will result in games missed, none of us like it but that is the reality.

No he doesn't. His suspensions are subject to appeal and court intervention if necessary via suits filed by the NFLPA. Goodell has been taken to the woodshed by the Players' Union.

No he doesn't. His suspensions are subject to appeal and court intervention if necessary via suits filed by the NFLPA. Goodell has been taken to the woodshed by the Players' Union.

With each loss they have tightened up the process and rewritten the personal conduct agreement. Where exactly Shady's incident falls on the scale of discipline is a grey area but you can bank on it being pushed towards the heavier side of the scale.

With each loss they have tightened up the process and rewritten the personal conduct agreement. Where exactly Shady's incident falls on the scale of discipline is a grey area but you can bank on it being pushed towards the heavier side of the scale.

Why, exactly?

Bank on it? Based on what? Some egregious act? What is it based upon from what we know? Not seeing your POV one bit based on what I know of the case with far too much ambiguity.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Bottom line is let's wait and see where it all ends up. We can go back and forth endlessly but we are speculating as to how the PD and league will reach closer on the incident. Whaley and company hitched a pretty hefty wagon onto Shady's back so let's hope things end in our favor. As much as I'd like them to make a drastic move to eliminate the problem it's not realistic considering our current situation. I am sure that frustrates some folks at OBD as much as if does me.

Define "heavy" then tell us all what you're willing to "bank" on your premonition.

Setting aside McCoy, why hasn't his buddy been charged? Not nearly as high profile. You talk as if this is a open/shut case of a bunch of thugs attacking innocent people rather than a couple people with big egos going at it in a club. The only interest the NFL has in this is that they were off duty cops, because the public sees that. If the off duty cops were in the wrong - aka no charges are filed against McCoy and company, because the off duty cops started it, then the public drifts away and becomes disinterested, not more venomous. It certainly swayed me, and I thought initially that it was McCoy and his buddies flipping out about a bottle of champagne.

Edited by What a Tuel

Setting aside McCoy, why hasn't his buddy been charged? Not nearly as high profile. You talk as if this is a open/shut case of a bunch of thugs attacking innocent people rather than a couple people with big egos going at it in a club. The only interest the NFL has in this is that they were off duty cops, because the public sees that. If the off duty cops were in the wrong - aka no charges are filed against McCoy and company, because the off duty cops started it, then the public drifts away and becomes disinterested, not more venomous. It certainly swayed me, and I thought initially that it was McCoy and his buddies flipping out about a bottle of champagne.

The NFL shouldn't care that they were off-duty cops because, well, they were off-duty and drinking. But if Ayers truly had his piece in him, that's not going to go over well with the public.

The NFL shouldn't care that they were off-duty cops because, well, they were off-duty and drinking. But if Ayers truly had his piece in him, that's not going to go over well with the public.

Yeah but the NFL unfortunately reacts to public perception and for some reason the public perceives these white knights as getting jumped. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those anti cop people, but there are some one sided accusations going on here, simply because they were cops. If they weren't cops, people would be a little more perceptive to the "guy that got beat was a drunken idiot" scenario.

Edited by What a Tuel

Yeah but the NFL unfortunately reacts to public perception and for some reason the public perceives these white knights as getting jumped. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those anti cop people, but there are some one sided accusations going on here, simply because they were cops. If they weren't cops, people would be a little more perceptive to the "guy that got beat was a drunken idiot" scenario.

It will be interesting to see how public perception goes as more of the facts come out one way or the other

I have this feeling that the Phili PD officials really looked before they leaped and now are pushing the DA for quick action to wipe what the cops SHOULDNT have been doing under the rug.

If certain accounts are true

- Intoxicated

- Wearing sidearms while intoxicated which is a big no no

- Instigated the whole damn thing

- Were the first to use physical force and not in the line of duty

I STILL think Shady gets a suspension from the league....but I am anticipating something much smaller then some here which will be even further reduced when the players union gets involved....not to mention that ANY of this would take affect this next season.

My own personal opinion of Shady....I think he is exceptional football player but you can see he is a Diva....I noticed it in that video when they were all bowling as a team and Boobie was trying to talk to him.

But I dont need the players of my team to be boy scouts...football is a tough sport for tough people.......Shady isnt the guy I would want dating my sister......but I like him just fine with the ball in his hands on my football team.

I think you're overall making good points, but I don't think the public/NFL are only interested because, off duty cops. I think if McCoy were caught ibeating up Joe Civilian over a bottle of bubbly that would not be a good look for him, or for the NFL; the fact that the other party involved were off-duty cops just means we have the police union squawking like an egg-laying chicken at sunrise every day. Either way I think you're correct, that once it is verified that it wasn't a situation of "innocent partiers savagely beaten by pack of NFL footballers" but maybe "innocent footballers partying interrupted by salty cop" the public will roll its eyes and lose interest.

Until recently, the only scenario being presented was the cop's version. If the other version is legit and has evidence to back it up, public perception will change.

I think the public sees a bar fight between grown-assed men very differently from abusing a woman or child.

Edited by Hopeful