McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I'm curious why people think the NFL will jump to a hasty punishment just because they were off duty cops. The rationale there seems to be that the NFL will be pressured by public opinion...because they're cops?

Has there been a moment in time since Rodney King where public opinion of cops was lower? Where will this groundswell of public outcry come from?

This logic doesn't make sense to me.

I think the "because they're cops" crowd ____ (oh never mind, that's more a PPP post).

Because of getting burned by the Adrian Peterson case, and the deflategate case, I think the NFL and the Bills will tread very carefully here, and won't be pressured or overbearing. They don't another high profile embarrassment. I believe the NFL and Bills will proceed slowly anf carefully here.. no pressure.

Edited by boater

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be more back and forth coming out still. We certainly do not have all of the information that the police or the DA has. I am sure the police can find people to counter many of the claims that seem to have pushed this in Shady's favor or will at least try to contradict them by themselves. As the pages continue to turn, I believe that Shady will face a suspension longer than one game even if the DA does not charge.

Why?

The NFL has little power in doing its own investigation. Given that, what do they base most of their decisions on? Information gained from the police. While they may talk to other people I think they give info from the police more weight. Because of the police involvement his appeal may counter it to some degree. However I truly believe whatever the police determine they should hand over to the NFL will be done to discredit team Shady as much as possible. Whether it has been cooberated or not.

We know where the police stand and not just the cops doing the investigation. We have already heard from the management side of the police force along with the mayor. We know what they think and anything they give to the NFL will certainly not show team Shady in a positive light.

The guy with the cracked skull, if it was cracked by a swung bottle and he was just trying to break up the fight, may have a pretty good criminal complaint. But unless it was established they were acting as a group in a way where bottle-swinging was somehow expected or reasonably predictable by all, it may be just against the guy who swung the bottle.

I think you can keep your policy or even extend it to 2 am LOL!

No one has a cracked skull. Misinformation is abundant. Your imagination has gone wild.

I think there will be more back and forth coming out still. We certainly do not have all of the information that the police or the DA has. I am sure the police can find people to counter many of the claims that seem to have pushed this in Shady's favor or will at least try to contradict them by themselves. As the pages continue to turn, I believe that Shady will face a suspension longer than one game even if the DA does not charge.

Why?

The NFL has little power in doing its own investigation. Given that, what do they base most of their decisions on? Information gained from the police. While they may talk to other people I think they give info from the police more weight. Because of the police involvement his appeal may counter it to some degree. However I truly believe whatever the police determine they should hand over to the NFL will be done to discredit team Shady as much as possible. Whether it has been cooberated or not.

We know where the police stand and not just the cops doing the investigation. We have already heard from the management side of the police force along with the mayor. We know what they think and anything they give to the NFL will certainly not show team Shady in a positive light.

:lol: Makes perfect sense to suspend a player on shoddy information. Goodell would lose yet another discipline case on appeal.

No one has a cracked skull. Misinformation is abundant. Your imagination has gone wild.

From a local Philly outlet, updated last night:

the other officer suffered significant injuries including broken bones, cuts, fractured ribs and a hairline skull fracture. http://www.fox29.com/news/95724503-story

OK.. that's not quite a "cracked" skull. But that's quite a trail of damage in any event.

I find it rather interesting indeed that Lesean and his lawyer met with not just the DA, but the police too.

Kiss and make up?Hence the man purse lol

Does the Organization of Officers want Shady to turn on his boy Butler to save his own arse ?

I hope he stays diligent and expect his lawyer is worth the price.

Let the truth set you free

I find it rather interesting indeed that Lesean and his lawyer met with not just the DA, but the police too.

Kiss and make up?Hence the man purse lol

Does the Organization of Officers want Shady to turn on his boy Butler to save his own arse ?

I hope he stays diligent and expect his lawyer is worth the price.

Let the truth set you free

To be a fly on the wall of that room

From a local Philly outlet, updated last night:

OK.. that's not quite a "cracked" skull. But that's quite a trail of damage in any event.

Not surprisingly, Fox29 Philly did not cite their source on that one. I am more inclined to believe that someone at FOX29 did not fully comprehend the police report, which said that they were TESTED for a POSSIBLE skull fracture.

The saga continues.

I usually consider lmgtfy snarky and don't use it, but I also consider being told "your imagination has gone wild" snarky, so here you go....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+one+of+the+officers+in+the+mccoy+fight+have+an+orbital+fracture

http://askville.amazon.com/orbital-bone-body-located/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=10482985

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/702239389003476996

Wait, the police were there too? Or was this a separate meeting? All I heard was met with several assistant DAs at the office of his attorney

The "hairline skull fracture" is likely the orbital bone fracture.

Actually they're apparently now reporting that Butler has a "hairline skull fracture" to go along with his laceration, broken nose, broken ribs, and sprained thumb - not a tremendous surprise. But I was thinking of the orbital fracture allegedly suffered by Darnell Jesse in the OP being responded to.

If no charges are brought about? McCoy will be lucky to make a deal for a lesser plea and with the amount of venom coming out from the FOP he will be equally lucky to avoid a civil suit. All of which will bring RG into the mix and his hand has been heavier as each season passes.

If this story doesn't get resolved outside of a courtroom and in quick order you can be assured that even in a case as "shady" as this one it will be received with the hand of overreaction.

I no charges are made McCoy should be making plans for all of his socializing to be outside the jurisdiction of FOP. They will be looking to find some other way to charge him.

With each loss they have tightened up the process and rewritten the personal conduct agreement. Where exactly Shady's incident falls on the scale of discipline is a grey area but you can bank on it being pushed towards the heavier side of the scale.

Only bank which applies will be the money paid to guarenteers of bank as in last loan crisis.