McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

With all due respect to your police captain buddy, whether they should have called 911 that night is not a matter of opinion. They should have.

Sure, and he would agree, but that wasn't my point. Just referencing how ridiculous this thread got at times with the sniping and arguing when nobody really knew much.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems worried

@cutondime25

Calling out @mikevick @jmac___19 @deseanjackson11 my game crazy now... Back to work Monday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCTgiVrrXFH/

The follow-up comments are pretty funny...."I dunno if you should play golf bruh i heard them clubs be getting you in trouble"

Yeah, well my buddy's a police captain, and yet I was told he can not have an opinion of what happened that night if he was not there. I believe you, just be aware of those with apparent axes to grind.

Spoken with Love, jimmy10: "get over it"

As I recall a number of other folks appreciated the input from you and opinion from your LEO friend. And it's been somewhat proven out over time. So don't worry about it, just post whatcha like and if some don't appreciate it, nuts to 'em.

Sure, and he would agree, but that wasn't my point. Just referencing how ridiculous this thread got at times with the sniping and arguing when nobody really knew much.

Fair enough. I was just talking about calling 911.

So I went out and had a few drinks at a local bar.

Start chatting up some random blonde who happens to be a policewoman.

Discussed the Shady situation with her, she stated they should have called it in immediately.

#freeshady.

of course you did!

Good work Ryan. The sacrifices you make for us !!

With all due respect to your police captain buddy, whether they should have called 911 that night is not a matter of opinion. They should have.

Indeed. It's part of their protocol as off duty cops as someone posted years ago in this thread.

Ryan L. could don the red "No Contact Jersey."

Ryan could also evolve to modern times. It's not Policewomen and Policemen.. it's just Police.

I give Ryan credit though, Cops is street talk.. police is the more appropriate nomenclature.

its cred. not credit

Indeed. It's part of their protocol as off duty cops as someone posted years ago in this thread.

cops dont call 911.

Funny story I called 911 somewhat recently when someone was threatening me and it was person to person.

They asked me two things. Is he drunk or on drugs.i said how the heck should i know

I said he is threatening to kick my ast. Right now!!

10 minutes later a cop showed up.

Cops have another number to call. when something needs to happen immediately

I expect they called someone and said we are in heap o' poo what should we do? and that someone told them to NOTcall for assistance

She was very by the book and knows the laws, I will take her word.She had breasts and female reproductive organs, 3 dogs, and she was a big fan of the marscopone yellow cake. she's a policewoman. Sorry.

Oh my. Mascarpone, organs, breasts, guns (assumption), mascarpone (again). I do envy your experience. Apology not needed. Though pics would suffice. ;)

So I went out and had a few drinks at a local bar.

Start chatting up some random blonde who happens to be a policewoman.

Discussed the Shady situation with her, she stated they should have called it in immediately.

#freeshady.

Then she took off her uniform top, pulled out hand cuffs and did a pose for you using stripper pole and wanted to be tipped.

Yeah "random blonde".

cops dont call 911.

Funny story I called 911 somewhat recently when someone was threatening me and it was person to person.

They asked me two things. Is he drunk or on drugs.i said how the heck should i know

I said he is threatening to kick my ast. Right now!!

10 minutes later a cop showed up.

Cops have another number to call. when something needs to happen immediately

I expect they called someone and said we are in heap o' poo what should we do? and that someone told them to NOTcall for assistance

The questions that the 911 dispatcher asked were relevant questions that needed to be known so that when it got sent to the relevant district/office the responding officers had a better understanding what they were responding to. I'm surprised that the dispatcher didn't ask you if the person who was threatening you had a weapon.

Different jurisdictions have different 911 setups. It's not uncommon to have a police officer or representative assigned to communications to supervise and direct how certain calls dealing with criminal issues are directed. Now most patrol cars have laptops in the cars where they receive their notifications in addition to radio calls.

As far as the off duty police making calls they can call 911, call directly to a police dispatch or call the district precinct. They have multiple ways of making a notification. As you know they didn't (obviously deliberately) make any notification until the next day. .

Just curious was it Beerball who was threatening you? When upset he can be a menacing presence!

I have a different take than you do regarding calling or not. These cops knew that they got themselves in a bind. The last thing they wanted from their perspective due to drinking and the nature of the ruckus was having police and supervisors responding to a call in which they knew was going to be troublesome for them from a job standpoint.

Edited by JohnC

okay okay. it was beerball.

btw i did not say they called their supervisors. But i bet they called someone "within" to seek advice. Careers at stake honestly

I know you didn't say they called the supervisors. What I am saying is that they knew that if they made a call that led to a police response supervisors would have responded because the incident involved off duty police and injuries to officers. These off duty cops knew exactly the type of trouble they were in. There was no purpose in calling anyone because they didn't want anyone responding to the mess.These cops were very experienced. They didn't need to confide in anyone in the department because no one in the department could do anything that would help them clean up the mess that they created.

Edited by JohnC

I know you didn't say they called the supervisors. What I am saying is that they knew that if they made a call that led to a police response supervisors would have responded because the incident involved off duty police and injuries to officers. These off duty cops knew exactly the type of trouble they were in. There was no purpose in calling anyone because they didn't want anyone responding to the mess.These cops were very experienced. They didn't need to confide in anyone in the department because no one in the department could do anything that would help them clean up the mess that they created.

fair enough John i can respect your viewpoint.

possibly i have watched too many made for tv movies :doh:

But cannot beleive they did not seek advisement after soon after the incident.

even i knew when i am a heap a' trouble from being wrong place wrong time, or acted inappropriately and knew it might affect others. Reactive mode.

But they may have had friends that could have helped and perhaps did. We shall never know that.

okay okay. it was beerball.

btw i did not say they called their supervisors. But i bet they called someone "within" to seek advice. Careers at stake honestly

If they called someone it was not a police number - a buddy/mentor on the force, or a lawyer, or a friend with a lawyer. But it's possible their thinking was pretty muddled. Being drunk then wacked on the head will do that for you.

John,

Is it just me, or is there a fundamental disconnect between the ODPO's actions not calling for a police response but then filing a criminal complaint and (apparently) pressing hard for felony charges to be filed?

If so, do you have opinions on why it fell out that way? Do you think the cops are kind of being carried along, willy nilly, where once the injuries they had proved severe enough to keep them off work, they felt they needed to file the complaint even though they knew it was potentially opening "Pandora's Box" of scrutiny? If they are victims of a crime, does that give their injuries different status with regard to time away from the job, vs. doing a header off a mountain bike into an inconveniently placed set of rocks or just being a drunk-ass fool and tripping/launching yourself into an inconveniently placed curb/lightpole?

Edited by Hopeful

fair enough John i can respect your viewpoint.

possibly i have watched too many made for tv movies :doh:

But cannot beleive they did not seek advisement after soon after the incident.

even i knew when i am a heap a' trouble from being wrong place wrong time, or acted inappropriately and knew it might affect others. Reactive mode.

But they may have had friends that could have helped and perhaps did. We shall never know that.

I believe some of them did seek legal counsel. Some people speculated that it was for the future civil action but I suspect it was more for legal guidance dealing with internal job ramifications. Let's put aside the criminal complaint aspect to this case for the sake of this discussion. There were a number of police procedural transgressions committed by these late night boisterous cops. They did not make notifications that were obligated to make. Drinking and driving. Using their positions for privileges such as parking privileges and maybe comped or discounted booze. Was their police complaint accurate? If their claims are discredited do you think the DA's office will ever handle any of their cases due to credibility issues?

Their biggest transgression isn't about individual deeds. There is an overriding issue that relates to publicly embarrassing and discrediting the department. Trust me they will pay for their unprofessional behavior regardless how this case turns out . It might not be right away because there are legal issues relating to the criminal investigation. That part of this case has to play out. But once that gets sorted out the department will review their conduct and they will be held accountable.

Other than a few games suspension for Shady, nothing is going to come of this. Shady and crew were douche bags but not hardened criminals.

The unwise OFPD will also pay an unwritten price, as JohnC points out,

Nothing good happens after midnight.

If they called someone it was not a police number - a buddy/mentor on the force, or a lawyer, or a friend with a lawyer. But it's possible their thinking was pretty muddled. Being drunk then wacked on the head will do that for you.

John,

Is it just me, or is there a fundamental disconnect between the ODPO's actions not calling for a police response but then filing a criminal complaint and (apparently) pressing hard for felony charges to be filed?

If so, do you have opinions on why it fell out that way? Do you think the cops are kind of being carried along, willy nilly, where once the injuries they had proved severe enough to keep them off work, they felt they needed to file the complaint even though they knew it was potentially opening "Pandora's Box" of scrutiny? If they are victims of a crime, does that give their injuries different status with regard to time away from the job, vs. doing a header off a mountain bike into an inconveniently placed set of rocks or just being a drunk-ass fool and tripping/launching yourself into an inconveniently placed curb/lightpole?

These cops didn't call the authorities because they knew not only would the police respond but supervisors would also have responded. They knew that they were in an untenable situation that couldn't be untangled or undone. If none of them would have had any significant injuries they would have just left and returned back to work without saying anything. But the problem for them was some of them sustained injuries that precluded them from going back to work. They had to document their injuries with medical reports and also explain how their injuries happened. When I say explain I'm not just saying verbally. You have to make a report and it will be examined for truthfulness.

If an officer gets hurt off duty by getting involved in a police action odds are that the injuries will be treated as an on duty action and their sick leave will be covered. But if you get hurt off duty in a bike accident then you will be using your own sick leave. In my opinion these officers are claiming that they were assaulted in a bar to explain how they were injured. Again, if they wouldn't have sustained debilitating injuries I don't believe they would have pursued the criminal charges which may possibly be to simply maintain their storyline.

In my opinion this is a situation that got out of hand where not everyone is right and everyone is wrong. It evolved into an incident that had serious repercussions for them at work. They are in a mess. They do need legal counsel to help them with the case and with the job.

Edited by JohnC