McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

He was beating on a defenseless guy being held on the ground by a a number of other guys. That hardly sounds like self defense

It might have started out as self defense, but when the cop was down, they should have stopped as well. And McCoy will get nailed for it.

And what were the other 2 cops doing, if not trying to break up the fight, helping their buds, or calling for backup?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have started out as self defense, but when the cop was down, they should have stopped as well.

They should have, but when alcohol, testosterone, and adrenaline are combined, things usually don't stop until the pile gets pulled apart. I

We've all seen video of police after a chase or some kind of resistance, continuing to kick or pummel a suspect who appears completely subdued on his face with his arms twisted behind him. This is not IMO because the police officers are necessarily scummy beings "wilding" on the suspect, it's because once testosterone and adrenaline are surging, it's hard for the human brain to process "OK, time to stop".

this is like watching dan carpenter kicking a PAT

All these things are far more exciting than watching paint dry and the outcome is far more in doubt, so the entertainment value must have improved in your eyes!

Edited by Hopeful

They should have, but when alcohol, testosterone, and adrenaline are combined, things usually don't stop until the pile gets pulled apart. I

We've all seen video of police after a chase or some kind of resistance, continuing to kick or pummel a suspect who appears completely subdued on his face with his arms twisted behind him. This is not IMO because the police officers are necessarily scummy beings "wilding" on the suspect, it's because once testosterone and adrenaline are surging, it's hard for the human brain to process "OK, time to stop".

All these things are far more exciting than watching paint dry and the outcome is far more in doubt.

like watching trent edwards go through passing progressions

Yawn - i doubt he sees a prison cell. There's a dece chance he also doesn't play this year either... NFL is trying to come down hard on stupid stuff like this.

no there really isn't. There's no precedent. He's not a repeat offender. The NFL was overruled with Ray Rice. Games yes. Season no.

How can i be so sure? I use my brain.

no there really isn't. There's no precedent. He's not a repeat offender. The NFL was overruled with Ray Rice. Games yes. Season no.

Does it hurt?

Yawn - i doubt he sees a prison cell. There's a dece chance he also doesn't play this year either... NFL is trying to come down hard on stupid stuff like this.

Lets not conflate a brawl involving grown men with domestic violence or child abuse. Last I checked, there is minimal uproar about McCoy's alleged actions. People were burning AP and Ray Rice jerseys in effigy, demanding lifetime bans, calling for Goodell's resignation in the aftermath of those debacles. A season ban will only occur if the mob demands it or the integrity of the game is at stake like bounty gate.

Ray rice was overruled because they reneged after the video and tried to re-suspend him for something they already suspended him 2 games for. Greg Hardy missed the rest of a season (15 games- PAID) while his played out in court- and they started him off with a 10 game suspension after he was acquitted. How can we have any idea what they give him? It's completely arbitrary.

He might end up on the exempt list while it drags out- then suspended per the results.

Edited by dneveu

Whats the record for most pages in a thread?

37. Congrats, you're part of history.

So any felony assault arrests yet? Or have we cut Shady yet?

Im ready to raise hell and start a petition.

The line for torches and pitchforks started forming on page 1. Wait your turn.

Whats the record for most pages in a thread?

A hell of a lot more than this.

"Happy Birthday Nervous Guy" was the first to break 100 pages. "Last Post Wins" had 781 pages before it was shut down due to consuming too many server resources (though I still occasionally click on it for...load testing purposes. Yeah, that's it.)