Seahawks GM thinks Lynch is going to retire

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That running style against these current day monsters on defense has to have significant effect on the body. Awareness is at an all time high and I think we'll see more and more players leave the game sooner than we anticipated.

Especially the ones who view it as only a "job" and don't really love football, and there are a lot of them---far more than people think. The ones who love it will still have a hard time leaving...

Edited by matter2003

Schneider: "I know that we're going to treat him with as much respect as we possibly can here, and give him a little leeway to kind of find his way in terms of what he wants to do," Schneider told 710 ESPN Seattle. "But I'm under the impression that he's leaning toward retirement."

Carroll: "It depends on how he comes back and how he works at it and all that kind of stuff. He had a difficult year physically."

Is it just me, or is that a little dig at Mike McCarthy for calling out his disappointing RB publically, while saying in the politest way possible that maybe Lynch's physical problems this year stemmed from poor off-season conditioning and unless he really wants to burn out the Stairmaster (or whatever), he should strongly consider a dignified retirement rather than an unceremonious cut?

I know I shouldn't let it, but it still irks me that all we ended up getting in return for him was Chris Hairston & Tank Carder. Yuck!

And he had 4 great seasons with the Seahawks helping them get to 2 Super Bowls.

don't forget to include Marshawn and his 2016 cap hit of $11.5 mil

so you could say the bills traded Marshawn for 2016 shady ($5.5) and clay ($5.0)

They really did knock that one out of the park, turning a perceived liability into an asset.

I hate it when I agree with you...which is more often than not TommyDC. ;-) full stop.

Marshawn is, no question, my favorite player and character.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

I know I shouldn't let it, but it still irks me that all we ended up getting in return for him was Chris Hairston & Tank Carder. Yuck!

And he had 4 great seasons with the Seahawks helping them get to 2 Super Bowls.

Most of us thought it was a bad trade at the time and still think so now.

It used to bug me whenever I saw the 'hawks play but I'm finally over it.

The game wasn't over and the local talking heads were already discussing how they'd be w/o Lynch next year. My comment to Hawk fans is that their coaching staff was a group of morons for not using Fred more. I wonder why they bothered to even sign him.

The game wasn't over and the local talking heads were already discussing how they'd be w/o Lynch next year. My comment to Hawk fans is that their coaching staff was a group of morons for not using Fred more. I wonder why they bothered to even sign him.

Maybe Lynch lobbied for it. Every time one of their RBs went down or were let go (Michel) you'd think it was an opportunity for Fred but they always put someone else in there. They even brought Michel back when Rawls went down and he started.

I hate it when I agree with you...which is more often than not TommyDC. ;-) full stop.

Marshawn is, no question, my favorite player and character.

My sarcasm meter is pinging to the right. Is it operating properly?

the BEASTQUAKE will go down as one of the best runs ever. i don't think he's done, i just think that the numbers don't add up and he might not be interested in taking a big pay cut right now but eventually they might figure something out

also, not sure why nobody is talking about it but Fred is most likely done. they brought him there to help out Marshawn and no Marshawn means no Fred. think he will retire with grace or try and make a team like the Pats and get cut? would be nice if he signed a 1 day contract with us and retired a Bill and became the asst RB coach and ready to take over for when Anthony Lynn takes a OC or HC job