Seahawks GM thinks Lynch is going to retire

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game wasn't over and the local talking heads were already discussing how they'd be w/o Lynch next year. My comment to Hawk fans is that their coaching staff was a group of morons for not using Fred more. I wonder why they bothered to even sign him.

He was used a LOT as blocker on third downs and he picked up a lot of blitzes. He filled the role they wanted.

The game wasn't over and the local talking heads were already discussing how they'd be w/o Lynch next year. My comment to Hawk fans is that their coaching staff was a group of morons for not using Fred more. I wonder why they bothered to even sign him.

When they handed off to Fred as a regular back, he wasn't able to deliver. In the limited roles where they did use him, he was effective, but not as effective as he'd have liked. You could see the frustration sometimes (Fred's) when he broke free only to get tackled from behind short of the first down when he would have gotten it 2 years ago, even 1 year ago. They didn't use him more because Rawls and Michael, when available, were more effective.

The one I'm wondering why Seattle bothered to sign is Bryce Brown, unless Seattle wants to make a point of signing the Bills cast-off RBs and trying to turn them around.

As a blocker and a receiver out of the backfield, Fred was very effective for them - 32 receptions on 41 targets, 8 ypa.

If you think the Pepsi commercial is good, check out Marshawn playing video games with Conan O'Brien and Rob Gronkowski.

This video makes Marshawn come off as pretty cool, and Gronk is just a meathead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4

I never watched that before. That was hilarious fun, thanks for the chuckles. Marshawn is a fun guy!

" lick the gun "

When they handed off to Fred as a regular back, he wasn't able to deliver. In the limited roles where they did use him, he was effective, but not as effective as he'd have liked. You could see the frustration sometimes (Fred's) when he broke free only to get tackled from behind short of the first down when he would have gotten it 2 years ago, even 1 year ago. They didn't use him more because Rawls and Michael, when available, were more effective.

The one I'm wondering why Seattle bothered to sign is Bryce Brown, unless Seattle wants to make a point of signing the Bills cast-off RBs and trying to turn them around.

As a blocker and a receiver out of the backfield, Fred was very effective for them - 32 receptions on 41 targets, 8 ypa.

Bryce continues to be a mystery man.

Freds best features in Seattle.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, if you were going to pick a player who was likely to be smart with his money, you wouldn't have put Marshawn near the top of that list.

Who'd a thunk that?!?! Very surprising. What has he lived off of? Hope it's true and good for him. Maybe he's not the clown he seems to be from the outside.

Isnt this the guy that was walking into bars with his own booz and just ordering a coke to put it in?

Very frugal

Also arrested driving a mid 90s econoline van

Though he had that porche

Who'd a thunk that?!?! Very surprising. What has he lived off of? Hope it's true and good for him. Maybe he's not the clown he seems to be from the outside.

It's almost certainly just worded poorly and saying that he's made more than he spent

it says he has lived off of endorsement money and his Beast Mode clothing line. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wish him well.

An excellent RB who was great fun to watch.

And he has been known to be hilarious in the right venue.

Lets not forget what he has given back either. Dude quietly has done some fine work with kids.

Big heart.

Hope he retires with class. actually i expect him to.

:thumbsup: