How long before Sexton drops Marrone as a client?

eball

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious that Marrone has f****d himself. The way he dipped thinking the grass was greener and he had the Jets job in the bag is proving to be the worst decision of his short NFL career. Unless he does an unbelievable job with the Jax OL next year I doubt he's ever mentioned as a HC candidate again.

How does a guy that gets this many interviews for HC jobs - not have any opportunities to be an OC as the fall back plan? He must not have very many friends in the league and/or he's not very respected as an offensive mind.

you already know the answer to that, my friend.

Am I counting right for the teams in the last 2 cycles that had the opportunity to hire Marrone but did not?

Jets

Fish

Browns

Titans

Raiders?

Broncos

Giants

Eagles

Bears

Bucs

Falcons

9ers

Over 1/3 of the league. Real hot candidate.

Wellll, according to "insiders" he was Top 3 and "the favorite for the Giants" job......can't believe all those teams passed on him. They must be stupit.

Am I counting right for the teams in the last 2 cycles that had the opportunity to hire Marrone but did not?

Jets

Fish

Browns

Titans

Raiders?

Broncos

Giants

Eagles

Bears

Bucs

Falcons

9ers

Over 1/3 of the league. Real hot candidate.

That would be correct with the cherry on top of Mularkey a three time loser getting hired over Maroon.

So teams interview Marrone as a favor because they like Sexton, but at the same time Marrone has hurt Sexton's reputation....how?

Again, teams don't hire a HC based on an who his agent is. EVERY owner and GM knows who every candidate is already. You have yet to describe how Sexton has been harmed--no one cares if he has one client that teams don't want as HC. Who doesn't understand that it's the agent job to sell ("prop up") his client?

This makes no sense at all. Why wouldn't Sexton be satisfied to continue to get a commission representing Marrone as a coach other than as HC? Do you think anyone he deals with thinks less of Sexton because a single client of his was;t offered a HC ob? No, you don't really think that.

You can't name a case where an agent fired a paying client because the agent failed to find the client a better job. Why isn't Marrone firing his ineffectual agent? And what "unreasonable demand" has Marrone made of Sexton?

You're just being argumentative for the sake of it -- I guess that's entertaining for you. I'm done responding.

You're just being argumentative for the sake of it -- I guess that's entertaining for you. I'm done responding.

If you're Mr. WEO you're argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. That's what you do.

If you want to save money on car insurance, switch to Geico. :w00t:

I think it's pretty obvious that Marrone has f****d himself. The way he dipped thinking the grass was greener and he had the Jets job in the bag is proving to be the worst decision of his short NFL career. Unless he does an unbelievable job with the Jax OL next year I doubt he's ever mentioned as a HC candidate again.

It seems to me that if we can all figure out Marrone's faults they have to be common knowledge in NFL circles...His agent does a good job keeping his name out there...Team are likely doing their due diligence...But in the end he ends up being pretty much exactly what they've heard he is... B-)

I'm just asking you to answer a simple question. You threw this out there as though it was a valid point yet you can't articulate an answer to a basic question regarding it's validity. Others have brought up the same question.

But OK.

If one owned an NFL team, why would you hire Marrone knowing that he quit on another team and took his golden parachute the way he did. This is St. Doug, we are talking about - not Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Nick Saban . . . . There are plenty of other candidates out there without having to hire someone who quit on his team/owner.

Marrone miscalculated big time. He obviously has not given a satisfactory explanation re what happened to any of the owners/teams with whom he has interviewed.

Guy took bad advice

He took his own advice. He believed that he had a backdoor agreement on the Jets job. They got nervous over a tampering charge so they looked for a different option. In the end it worked out for the Jets. They dispatched Rex. Got a better replacement and DM ended up sabotaging himself. Poetic justice.