How long before Sexton drops Marrone as a client?

eball

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/terrymc13/status/687742645985251329

A report on Dougie from today. Maybe he will swoop in and steal the gig from Mularky?

Jaguars OL coach Doug Marrone interviewed for the Titans' head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.

Per reporter Terry McCormick, Marrone made a "good impression." Marrone was supposedly going to be a hot commodity this offseason, but most teams quickly passed. In Tennessee he's vying with interim coach Mike Mularkey, who is viewed as the heavy favorite to keep his job. Marrone could regret walking out on the Bills for the rest of his career
Edited by H2o

Boston radio report this morning if Jon Robinson get the TENN GM job, Josh Mcdaniels is in that take titans out ?, Giants got a coach, Kelly to San Fran. Eagles ?, who left?

TEN, PHL, and TB.

I don't believe he will get another HCing job in the league. He sabotaged himself. Poetic justice. I do believe that eventually he will get a job in the college ranks.

I can see that, but not at a high profile school.

He did more with less.

Actually no, he did not.

Relative to the rest of the league, we finished just about the same (18th v. 19th draft position). I also would not count the Pats "win" last year.

In the end, we had a lot more injuries in 2015 than 2014 (particularly on defense) and also had Mario on strike for most of the season

P.S. I revised this post to reflect the relative draft positions for 2014 and 2015. My initial recollection was 19th for both years.

Edited by Peter

Actually no, he did not.

Relative to the rest of the league, we finished exactly the same (19th draft position). I also would not count the Pats "win" last year.

In the end, we had a lot more injuries in 2015 than 2014 (particularly on defense) and also had Mario on strike for most of the season

We also had a ProBowl QB in 2015.

My take on it is more of a teen-aged girl who got stood up for the prom ... but yeah. Pretty amazing how much angst there still is about this guy with some Bills fans.

The angst comes from the response from members of the team when he split town. I think he deserves to have his decision to leave bite him in the ass. He didn't just quit a job. He quit on his team and that deserves retribution.

I don't know how anyone can hire him as HC and try to sell the hire to the players of that team.

Edited by Rockinon

This seems to be less true as time moves forward with so many leaks from informed sources via social media, etc.

And so many leaks from uninformed sources via social media, etc.

Doug gets a job! Finally!

@LesBowen

Doug Pederson will be the #Eagles coach, league source confirms.

And so many people pretending to have information to get hits / attention / exercise lack of humor.

Edited by Koolaid