Chip Offed...the old block

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Mrs. Marrone, you've never hidden your love for Saint Sonny. Don't start now.

I just find it funny that the biggest knock against Marrone (everyone on the offense regressed) doesn't apply to Rex (everyone on the defense regressed). I'd be willing to meet you half way and say both are subpar. I have some opinions on what would've happened in year 3 if DM stayed, mainly that most of the stuff that happened this offseason would've still happened AND we would still have a good to great defense, which may have backed us into the postseason. But it is unlikely that DM would've been an SB winning HC. He had some questionable ideas on offense, but I wonder if that had anything to do with the horror show at QB.

I just find it funny that the biggest knock against Marrone (everyone on the offense regressed) doesn't apply to Rex (everyone on the defense regressed). I'd be willing to meet you half way and say both are subpar.

Agreed

I have some opinions on what would've happened in year 3 if DM stayed, mainly that most of the stuff that happened this offseason would've still happened AND we would still have a good to great defense, which may have backed us into the postseason. But it is unlikely that DM would've been an SB winning HC. He had some questionable ideas on offense, but I wonder if that had anything to do with the horror show at QB.

Not agreed

Adam Schefter says Doug Marrone is a strong candidate to replace Kelly.

That could be a good fit. Doug will be forever unforgiven for the exit ramp that he chose to take to flee Buffalo. But when he was here, he knew to coach this team. He got the best out of the players and coaches. The only thing I disliked was his reluctance to share information about the team after the games.

Man, that should be fun. I wonder if he plans on bringing Nate Hackett with him to Philly?

I don't know for a fact but I suspect Marrone will not take Hackett to his next stop. Look for Joe Lombardi to be Marrone's OC, Schwartz or Donnie Henderson to be his DC and of course Danny Crossman to be his special teams coach.

Chip will be the HC in Tennessee by Monday. He will finally be reunited with his prized Mariota and all will be right with the universe

I don't know for a fact but I suspect Marrone will not take Hackett to his next stop. Look for Joe Lombardi to be Marrone's OC, Schwartz or Donnie Henderson to be his DC and of course Danny Crossman to be his special teams coach.

Yes! Please take Crossman