Chip Offed...the old block

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip is an unique case but it's still interesting to me that a guy who goes 26-21 gets fired.

In Buffalo, we'd canonize him.

true but he took Andy Reid's team to the playoffs his 1st year and downhill ever since

Trading for Kiko got him fired.

Chip is an unique case but it's still interesting to me that a guy who goes 26-21 gets fired.

I'd like to take a canon to Rex, but I guess that's different.

(It surprises even me that I react this way to him, as I was more tolerant of previous buffoons.)

true but he took Andy Reid's team to the playoffs his 1st year and downhill ever since

Trading for Kiko got him fired.
yep. It wasn't his coaching. It was his personnel decisions. And refusal to change his ways that the owner didn't agree with.

I suppose the next argument is "Their run defense (ranked last in the NFL) cheated all game". My point is: before throwing Chip to the wolves, let's look in the mirror.

I didn't want Rex and now want him gone so pointing out that Chip outcoached him changes nothing for me. Chip Kelly is a one trick NFL head coach. He is a disaster of an NFL GM. He is history in Philly

He's a terrible offensive mind and coach, and he is an offensive coach. There is no way around it. Everyone on his side of the ball regressed.

I think he's a decent head coach, and there's a HUGE difference. He attracted good DCs and staff to Buffalo. Building the staff is the core part of the job. I don't know if he's a good OC or not because EJ Manuel is a terrible football player and Orton is Orton.

This news is so abrupt, something must have happened between him and ownership.

not particularly, esp. when you think about all the back story stuff w/ Chipper; it all added up

It also allows the Iggles to get a head start on identifying/going after a replacement

On the Tuesday before the final weekend of the regular season? What the hell did Kelly do that the Eagles couldn't wait six more days like everyone else?

I'd hate to be the interim coach for a week.

What does the check look like? In 40 years, the guy will be called a former HC in the NFL. Lol

He's a terrible offensive mind and coach, and he is an offensive coach. There is no way around it. Everyone on his side of the ball regressed.

I don't think he is a great "coach" I do think he brought a leadership and a direction to this franchise that has been missing before and since. Marrone had a united locker room. This year has been a fractious mess.

I have a very strong feeling that Doug Marrone will be a successful NFL Head Coach second time around despite his prickly personality. He will be a Head Coach again by the end of January.