Chip Offed...the old block

I don't think he is a great "coach" I do think he brought a leadership and a direction to this franchise that has been missing before and since. Marrone had a united locker room. This year has been a fractious mess.

I have a very strong feeling that Doug Marrone will be a successful NFL Head Coach second time around despite his prickly personality. He will be a Head Coach again by the end of January.

I'm not so sure. HCs that quit are not popular hires with team owners. Look at Mike Mularkey.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true but he took Andy Reid's team to the playoffs his 1st year and downhill ever since

Yeah, I get it. And I don't disagree with the move. The team was moving in the wrong direction, Chips was failing as a GM, he was arrogant, etc.

But still I love the contrast. We're sometimes slow to fire coaches with losing records. The Eagles just fired a coach with a winning record. You don't see that a lot.

Yeah, I get it. And I don't disagree with the move. The team was moving in the wrong direction, Chips was failing as a GM, he was arrogant, etc.

But still I love the contrast. We're sometimes slow to fire coaches with losing records. The Eagles just fired a coach with a winning record. You don't see that a lot.

Yep, I get it too...it is strange...must have refused owners advice,....

I think he's a decent head coach, and there's a HUGE difference. He attracted good DCs and staff to Buffalo. Building the staff is the core part of the job. I don't know if he's a good OC or not because EJ Manuel is a terrible football player and Orton is Orton.

The Bills were 8-8 in your words with an outstanding defense. Marrone gets credit for hiring two guys who were no brainer picks as DC candidates. It's not like he uncovered diamonds in the rough. Pettine turned down the Jets because he was coming out as his own DC. He was one of the obvious choices. Schwartz, too. Marrone had nothing to do with the defense and his offense was ridiculously bad and the team totally collapsed in a must win game late in the year against an average at best team.

I don't think he is a great "coach" I do think he brought a leadership and a direction to this franchise that has been missing before and since. Marrone had a united locker room. This year has been a fractious mess.

I have a very strong feeling that Doug Marrone will be a successful NFL Head Coach second time around despite his prickly personality. He will be a Head Coach again by the end of January.

I would agree. He played the role of a sideline CEO very well, with his one big mistake of bringing along his friend as OC. He's not nearly as bad as our jilted fanbase makes him out to be. The guy won 6 games with EJ freaking Manuel at QB, then won another 9 games with a disinterested Kyle Orton taking the snaps.

The Bills were 8-8 in your words with an outstanding defense. Marrone gets credit for hiring two guys who were no brainer picks as DC candidates. It's not like he uncovered diamonds in the rough. Pettine turned down the Jets because he was coming out as his own DC. He was one of the obvious choices. Schwartz, too. Marrone had nothing to do with the defense and his offense was ridiculously bad and the team totally collapsed in a must win game late in the year against an average at best team.

Just wondering if everyone regressed on defense this year or nah?