Hat's off to Jerry Hughes

gjv001

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, football isn't a sport for the well-adjusted.

I think the larger problem is that either he or the coaching staff doesn't recognise that he's being watched like a hawk after picking up a lot of flags. His margin for error is becoming smaller by the week.

I get what you're saying but it's crap. I really don't remember stupid penalties Hughes is getting this year last year. Methinks Rex needs to man up and get control of his team.

I get what you're saying but it's crap. I really don't remember stupid penalties Hughes is getting this year last year. Methinks Rex needs to man up and get control of his team.

9 accepted, 3 declined, 1 offsetting - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HughJe99/penalties/2014/

It's not really a Rex thing but it's certainly a thing Rex has inherited and needs to deal with.

Jerry brings it every week. Gotta give him that.

Yep!!!

Hughes Dareus and Darby are the cornerstone of the Defensive rebuild after everyone else strong arms themselves out of town.

Agreed. Plus Gilmore. But, someone needs to teach Gilmore to tackle without risking injury.

Edit: and hopefully it isn't a rebuild, but, a slight transition.

And, hopefully A.Williams is able to recover. He is worth his contract.

Edited by Manther

5 sacks. I'll keep my hat on

ahh... also some serious zone blitz coverage that Mario was complaining and confused about. He covered Gronk downfield a couple times and broke up one of the passes. There was also a serious highlight in the first game against Colts where a sack was the result of Hughes covering TE downfield. When Luck saw TE blanketed he had to go down for Hughes coverage sack....He's been a stud!!