Hat's off to Jerry Hughes

gjv001

I'm well aware that Jerry Hughes committed some real bone head penalties this season.But from my perspective he's been the only Bill on the Defense, with a large contract, that played hungry and with passion. Everyone else seemed to play fat and happy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry's penalties are committed out of a intensity and drive that no one on this years front 7, aside for Manny who just lacks the skills and athleticism at this point, exhibited. I'm onYolo's side on this one. I appreciate Jerry Hughes immensely, but admit that cutting down on the penalties would make him a far more valuable asset.

Gotta love that every player on defense seriously regressed.

I love Hughes' motor and aggression. I hate that he took some of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen in my life. You can play hard without being dumb. Hughes struggled with that though I doubt Rex ever held him accountable.

Anyone who watched me play sports as a kid would know that I'm the last person that's allowed to be critical of passion coming out the wrong way.

It's nice that he cares and that losing gets him pissed off. Once the Ryan defense beds in next year with true personnel fits, he'll be back to his deadly self. He's too talented and too driven to allow me to think otherwise.

Anyone who watched me play sports as a kid would know that I'm the last person that's allowed to be critical of passion coming out the wrong way.

It's nice that he cares and that losing gets him pissed off. Once the Ryan defense beds in next year with true personnel fits, he'll be back to his deadly self. He's too talented and too driven to allow me to think otherwise.

I love passion. I hate cheap shotting a qb 5 seconds after he threw the ball. That's just stupid and undisplinced.

Hughes has actually covered Gronk downfield successfully at least twice that I remember. I'm a big fan. He's cut down on the PFs in second half of the year I think without looking it up. He's a beast and I don't care as much about the offsides because he will make the big play too.

I love passion. I hate cheap shotting a qb 5 seconds after he threw the ball. That's just stupid and undisplinced.

Unfortunately, football isn't a sport for the well-adjusted.

I think the larger problem is that either he or the coaching staff doesn't recognise that he's being watched like a hawk after picking up a lot of flags. His margin for error is becoming smaller by the week.

Hughes has actually covered Gronk downfield successfully at least twice that I remember. I'm a big fan. He's cut down on the PFs in second half of the year I think without looking it up. He's a beast and I don't care as much about the offsides because he will make the big play too.

I agree, he def cleaned up his act the 2nd half of the year. I was happy to see him flipping tables against the skins...somebody has to give a ****.