One week to go - how many HC openings?

GunnerBill

So we know there are two...

Miami and Tennessee.

How many more.... I am predicting a total of NINE openings...

The other 7 being - Cleveland, Indianapolis, San Diego, New Orleans, San Francisco, New York Giants, Philadelphia.

The other possibilities are St Louis, Detroit, Jacksonville and Buffalo. None of those would surprise me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is a prediction - I have no source saying this will happen. I'd have fired him already. If they don't they will be bottom dwellers again next year.

he took a crap team and turned them into two consecutive 10-6 teams. if i remember that correctly. This year was handed personel authority tore it down, and is in year one of a rebuild. i am not saying this guy is golden but IMO i doubt they will can him based on this season. BTW he beat the Bills quite easily. he did that by game planning with a fast paced offense that didn't allow Ryan to substitute. Ryan being not the most astue coach never knew that is Kelly's MO since his Oregon days. The Bills penaltiesb proved that I think he is safe. but it is a fickle league.

he took a crap team and turned them into two consecutive 10-6 teams. if i remember that correctly. This year was handed personel authority tore it down, and is in year one of a rebuild. i am not saying this guy is golden but IMO i doubt they will can him based on this season. BTW he beat the Bills quite easily. he did that by game planning with a fast paced offense that didn't allow Ryan to substitute. Ryan being not the most astue coach never knew that is Kelly's MO since his Oregon days. The Bills penaltiesb proved that I think he is safe. but it is a fickle league.

I'd fire Rex - see my sig - so telling me he outcoached Rex Ryan makes no odds.

As far as I see the first year he took over a talented offense and a bad defense and had a powder puff schedule and got them to 10-6. Last year they were 9-3 and then fell to pieces and this year has been a tire fire. That is before you consider the input he has into getting rid of talented football players. I don't think he is a good professional football coach, teams (not the Bills) have adjusted to his offense which is a small playbook that relies on tempo and he has fallen out with player after player after player.

If they let him continue as GM and HC they will be a mess in another year or two.

It's a dam shame that Coughlin gets shtted on every year. Guy is a hall of fame coach and one of the best coaches of all time.

Jerry Reese has been one of the worst GM's in the NFL and he's the reason the Giants are failing. Not Coughlin. Outside of Beckham, they haven't drafted a decent player in awhile. He continues to fail to build that defense, running game and o-line. Give the man some weapons. Would love to have Coughlin as a HC.

Browns will fire coach Mike Pettine, likely fire GM Ray Farmer

As the 2015 NFL regular season comes to a close today, several teams have already gotten an early start on coaching changes, and more will follow in the coming days.

@RapSheet

Names expected to interview for #Browns in the coming days: Teryl Austin & Adam Gase. Doug Marrone likely, as well.

i think Coughlin retires. don't think he is going to be fired.

It's the same thing. it's too bad as Coughlin is a HOF coach. Reese gave him squat these last years for talent.

This guy was part fo the Giants SB teams in the 80's, and the one beating us, Took over a start up Jax team and did everything with great success, and then built up the Giants to two SB wins in four years, beating arguably (first one) one of the best teams ever going into the SB with the undefeated Patriots.

I'll always love this guy for ripping the hearts out of two different Patriots teams. It is probably time for him to retire, but i hope the voters remember what he accomplished the last 30 years.

@AdamSchefter

Lions' ownership supports HC Jim Caldwell and plans to retain him, per sources. But Lions also expected to leave final decision to new GM.

@RapSheet

On @NFLGameDay: #Chargers will meet Monday to discuss Mike McCoy. Once considered gone, now could return. No knee-jerk decisions

#Chargers will consider all factors with Mike McCoy, taking the long view: Injuries, close losses, his overall record, the LA cloud

It's a dam shame that Coughlin gets shtted on every year. Guy is a hall of fame coach and one of the best coaches of all time.

Jerry Reese has been one of the worst GM's in the NFL and he's the reason the Giants are failing. Not Coughlin. Outside of Beckham, they haven't drafted a decent player in awhile. He continues to fail to build that defense, running game and o-line. Give the man some weapons. Would love to have Coughlin as a HC.

The guy's been a great coach for a long time, and had more success with some mediocre teams that other coaches would have whiffed with.

ESPN Ticker says Pagano is gone. I didn't see that one coming.

Seriously? He's been on the outs with Irsay for the entire season or longer.

i think Coughlin retires. don't think he is going to be fired.

This. The Jints have some sense of honor.

As well he should. He's the second coming of Rich Kotite. :wallbash:

It's the same thing. it's too bad as Coughlin is a HOF coach. Reese gave him squat these last years for talent.

This guy was part fo the Giants SB teams in the 80's, and the one beating us, Took over a start up Jax team and did everything with great success, and then built up the Giants to two SB wins in four years, beating arguably (first one) one of the best teams ever going into the SB with the undefeated Patriots.

I'll always love this guy for ripping the hearts out of two different Patriots teams. It is probably time for him to retire, but i hope the voters remember what he accomplished the last 30 years.

Coughlin will be in the HOF without question. He made a serious mark on The League, and being the Head Coach of one of the iconic franchises located in The League's crown jewel city means a ton.

OMG! They must be thinking... Marrone. :w00t:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/03/could-mike-mularkey-get-the-permanent-job-in-tennessee/

When you see stories like this the Rooney Rule makes a lot more sense.

Mike freaking Mularkey? The guy who won TWO games this seaosn as HC? The guy who quit his first HC job with the Bills, then flamed out miserably in Jacksonville as HC, has a horrible career W/L record, deserves a THIRD HC gig?

Tennessee is poised to be very good soon, IMO. They are in the odd position of having a very young "franchise QB" AND the #1 overall pick. That's like winning the double lottery.

If they waste this advantage on hiring that buffoon full-time they deserve what they get.

Mike Shanahan is desperate now...

Remember when he was a hot shot that was too good for Buffalo?

The guy was able to say no to Russ after 8 hours of hard selling. That is pretty impressive. After all "he'd be here all alone" because of course his family would never come here.

The 49ers are a mess with an egomaniac meddling front office. Anyone who goes there is going to fail.

Edited by TheFunPolice