One week to go - how many HC openings?

GunnerBill

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow

@jasonlacanfora

Chargers will formalize their decision to retain Mike McCoy as head coach. Announcement likely today. GM Tom Telesco already has a new deal

Not really surprising to me when you consider how many O-linemen the team went through this year not to mention their WR corps was literally down to Gates the TE as the only viable receiver.

If anything, the Chargers might change coordinators on the defensive side. Then the offensive side of the team was #4 in passing yards and #2 in passing attempts but 22nd in rushing attempts, and 31st in rushing yards. Because of the injuries to that offensive line this year, the Chargers never did have a decent run game. Then it was a miracle in how well Phillip Rivers played despite the loss of every decent WR on the team.

Wow

@jasonlacanfora

Chargers will formalize their decision to retain Mike McCoy as head coach. Announcement likely today. GM Tom Telesco already has a new deal

@Chargers

Letter from the President of Football Operations John Spanos on State of the Team. READ: http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/04/letter-president-football-operations-john-spanos-state-team

CX5Q-ojUQAAODFq.jpg

So I was wrong on San Diego.... darn it..... still fancy that the other 8 vacancies I predicted will all be there.

it has to be that they think it would be too hard to conduct a coaching search when they don't know where they will be playing. McCoy is IMO one of the worst HCs in the league.

Oh-fer division record, constant clock mismanagement, ZERO challenges won in 2015, complete inability to handle media, Won 4 games with a borderline HOF QB who finished 2nd in league in passing.

it has to be that they think it would be too hard to conduct a coaching search when they don't know where they will be playing. McCoy is IMO one of the worst HCs in the league.

Oh-fer division record, constant clock mismanagement, ZERO challenges won in 2015, complete inability to handle media, Won 4 games with a borderline HOF QB who finished 2nd in league in passing.

Yep - agree with all that.

@AP_NFL

Titans GM Ruston Webster out, Mike Mularkey candidate in coaching search http://apne.ws/1ZKzfh5

@TeresaMWalker

The Saints reportedly want a second-round pick in exchange for Sean Payton.

@AP_NFL

49ers CEO says Trent Baalke will remain GM with knowledge that York isn't satisfied with recent results http://apne.ws/1RmpsuB

@janiemccap

0-3.

In fairness, Coughlin resigned.

But yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong. The SanFran thing is a joke. Eagles giving up on a guy who won 10 games his first two seasons after a season where they missed out by a game. Sorry, but that's a bit crazy to me as well.

But I'll take my lumps. That's why I don't work in the NFL I guess

In fairness, Coughlin resigned.

But yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong. The SanFran thing is a joke. Eagles giving up on a guy who won 10 games his first two seasons after a season where they missed out by a game. Sorry, but that's a bit crazy to me as well.

But I'll take my lumps. That's why I don't work in the NFL I guess

But my predictions were not who I think deserves to be fired but who I thought would be. Having said that I thought Chip 100% deserved to be fired - the Eagles will not regret that one bit.

I am actually 6/9 with New Orleans up in the air. The Colts deciding to stick with Pagano through player power I did not expect but I think that one would have been a crazy firing. The GM should be out in Indi.... Pagano has done a good job with some woeful personnel decisions.

Open Jobs

NYG

Philly

Cleve

SF

Miami

Tenn

Detroit-Jim Caldwell will find out his future when the new GM takes over and gives the decision to keep him or not.

NO- Sean Payton. the team is looking for draft picks for Payton and several teams are drooling over this NYG-Miami-SF.

With such limited candidates, I can see Marrone getting a whole lot of looks. Adam Gase seems like the hottest assistant. Mike Shanahan- Hue Jackson-Teryl Austin- Matt Patricia- Sean McDermott-Mike Smith-Doug Pederson among others. What's interesting is I haven't read of Jim Schwartz getting any looks yet.

Edited by Nihilarian