One week to go - how many HC openings?

GunnerBill

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdamSchefter

Not even Monday yet, and 49ers, Browns, Eagles, Titans and Dolphins have changed head coaches. Still to be resolved: NO, IND, NYG, others.

Think they will all be changes..... San Diego is the one of my original predicted 9 that I'm now not sure about.... a lot of talk that McCoy is going to survive.... surely based on nothing other than the likely lack of a rush of people wanting to coach a team when they don't know what city they will be in next year?

Eagles, Giants, and 49ers not getting fired

0-2 so far Freddie - and the noises are that Coughlin has coached his last game....

It's the same thing. it's too bad as Coughlin is a HOF coach. Reese gave him squat these last years for talent.

This guy was part fo the Giants SB teams in the 80's, and the one beating us, Took over a start up Jax team and did everything with great success, and then built up the Giants to two SB wins in four years, beating arguably (first one) one of the best teams ever going into the SB with the undefeated Patriots.

I'll always love this guy for ripping the hearts out of two different Patriots teams. It is probably time for him to retire, but i hope the voters remember what he accomplished the last 30 years.

Retiring and being fired are not the same thing. Bellicheck will retire the same year Brady quits, probably after next year, possibly after this year.

Jason Garrett-Dallas-4-12

Jim Tomsula- San Fran-5-11 FIRED

Mike Pettine- Cleveland-3-13 FIRED

Tom Coughlin- NYG- 6-10 will be allowed to step down

Mike McCoy San Diego- 4-12

Chuck Pagano Indy- 8-8

Chip Kelly- Philly-7-9 FIRED

Ken Whisenhunt-Tenn-3-13 FIRED

Joe Philbin-Miami-6-10 FIRED

Sean Payton-NO- 7-9 to be traded?

Jim Caldwell- Detroit-7-9

Rex Ryan-Buffalo-8-8

Jeff Fisher- St Louis-7-9

Gus Bradley-Jac-5-11

John Harbaugh-Balt-5-11

Lovie Smith- TB-6-10

John Fox-Chicago 6-10

Five gone so far, and I doubt any of the interim HC's stay

The Tomsula thing is interesting to me. They grab a position coach and promote him to Captain of a sinking ship, then fire him after one season. I know 5-11 isn't good under normal circumstances, but given the mass exodus of talent from that team I think they outperformed expectation.

All I can figure is they didn't want to make a long term move last year and put him in as a place holder for a year with no intention from the start of keeping him beyond this year. It may have even been ownership's attempt at tanking.

The Tomsula thing is interesting to me. They grab a position coach and promote him to Captain of a sinking ship, then fire him after one season. I know 5-11 isn't good under normal circumstances, but given the mass exodus of talent from that team I think they outperformed expectation.

All I can figure is they didn't want to make a long term move last year and put him in as a place holder for a year with no intention from the start of keeping him beyond this year. It may have even been ownership's attempt at tanking.

I think they might just have wanted someone to settle everything down for a year. From all reports at the end of the Harbaugh reign nobody liked one another - he had fractured the whole organisation. There were splits in the locker room, splits between players and coaches, splits between coaches and management.... they might have seen jovial Tomsula as a bit of a get everyone back on the same page for someone else to come and start from type move.

I think they might just have wanted someone to settle everything down for a year. From all reports at the end of the Harbaugh reign nobody liked one another - he had fractured the whole organisation. There were splits in the locker room, splits between players and coaches, splits between coaches and management.... they might have seen jovial Tomsula as a bit of a get everyone back on the same page for someone else to come and start from type move.

Then you have a GM who thinks he is a god because he built that 2011 49er playoff team so he took all the credit for himself in what Harbaugh did for that team. He thinks he can find a new HC as good anywhere and have already forgotten what it was like with Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan, Dennis Erickson as head coaches from 2003 to 2010.

,Actually, I think it's because they have no clue!

Then you have a GM who thinks he is a god because he built that 2011 49er playoff team so he took all the credit for himself in what Harbaugh did for that team. He thinks he can find a new HC as good anywhere and have already forgotten what it was like with Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan, Dennis Erickson as head coaches from 2003 to 2010.

Yep - Baalke is part of the problem in my opinion, but I think Jed York might actually be in love with him.