One week to go - how many HC openings?

GunnerBill

Nihilarian, on 06 Jan 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:snapback.png

Open Jobs

NYG-HIRED Ben McAdoo NYG OC

Philly- in the process of hiring Doug Pederson Chiefs OC after this weekends game

Cleve-HIRED Hue Jackson ex Bengals OC

SF- HIRED Chip Kelly ex HC Eagles

Miami- HIRED Adam Gase ex Bears OC

Tenn- Top candidate is Mike Mularkey

Tampa Bay-HIRED Dirk Koetter Bucs OC

Detroit-Jim Caldwell STAYING!

PFT reporting it will be a massive upset if Mike Mularkey is not hired as their HC this year. The main reason the Titans chose their new GM was because he was on board in keeping Mularkey as HC. Why I can't even imagine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/16/massive-upset-if-titans-dont-keep-mularkey/

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PFT reporting it will be a massive upset if Mike Mularkey is not hired as their HC this year. The main reason the Titans chose their new GM was because he was on board in keeping Mularkey as HC. Why I can't even imagine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/16/massive-upset-if-titans-dont-keep-mularkey/

@AroundTheNFL

Mike Mularkey sheds interim tag, named Titans coach http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000623006/article/mike-mularkey-sheds-interim-tag-named-titans-coach

Open Jobs

NYG-HIRED Ben McAdoo NYG OC

Philly- in the process of hiring Doug Pederson Chiefs OC after this weekends game

Cleve-HIRED Hue Jackson ex Bengals OC

SF- HIRED Chip Kelly ex HC Eagles

Miami- HIRED Adam Gase ex Bears OC

Tenn- HIRED Mike Mularkey

Tampa Bay-HIRED Dirk Koetter Bucs OC

Detroit-Jim Caldwell STAYING!

UPDATED

The only good thing that can come from Mike Mularkey getting that HCing job in Tenn is that Marrone is forced to stay in Jacksonville as O-line coach.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a lot of coaches will be on a short leash this year and should some teams finish the first half of the season with a bad losing record I can see some getting canned.

Detroit-Caldwell

Cincy- Marvin Lewis

San Diego- Mike McCoy

Jacksonville-Gus Bradley

Dallas-Jason Garrett

St Louis LA Rams-Jeff Fisher

New Orleans-Sean Payton

Buffalo-Rex Ryan

Marrone interviewed for just about every opening since he quit the Bills but hasn't come close to becoming a head coach again...I don't think he's even been called back for a second interview by any of those teams either

Love it!

UPDATED

The only good thing that can come from Mike Mularkey getting that HCing job in Tenn is that Marrone is forced to stay in Jacksonville as O-line coach.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a lot of coaches will be on a short leash this year and should some teams finish the first half of the season with a bad losing record I can see some getting canned.

Detroit-Caldwell

Cincy- Marvin Lewis

San Diego- Mike McCoy

Jacksonville-Gus Bradley

Dallas-Jason Garrett

St Louis LA Rams-Jeff Fisher

New Orleans-Sean Payton

Buffalo-Rex Ryan

I'd add to that list Dan Quinn in Atlanta who after a 5-0 start flamed out and lost 8 of the last 11 with an offense that features a good Quarterback and a top drawer receiver spluttering down the stretch. If they were to start out slow and be 1-5, 2-6 etc then on a run where you are 5-14 in your last 19 games then you are on the hotseat.