We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

QB is the last of our worries. Our entire defense seems like it needs an overhaul and same goes for our o-line.

Mario, Kyle, Cordy need to go and we need younger talent.

Cordy? Dude allowed one hit on the QB since week one because of a bad cut block yesterday and he needs to go? Please

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only one of 5 QBs with a rating over 100, he's 5th in yds per att and his 4 to 1 td/int ratio is only bested by Wilson, Brady and Rodgers. Add to that 450 yards rushing and 3 more tds. Not bad for his first year starting.

shame on you for using stats....didn't you get the memo? Taylor sucks.

Personally - I'm more confident in him than anyone we've had back there since probably Kelly. He's still got to figure out the 2 minute offense - and just lining up faster in general. But that may be a product of micro managing and the offensive coordinator. Who knows - but i do see a guy who is a natural leader and doesn't seem to panic. Seems to have some grit to his game as well.

To work on though: 2 minute offense, throwing people open, getting a better feel in the pocket for pass rushers, using the middle of the field more.

No question this has been a horrifically disappointing season - most disappointing in recent memory. But take a step back and imagine what this season would have been like with EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel as the quarterbacks. Two wins? Maybe three? It would have been as ugly a season as we've had in 30 years, which is really saying something.

Has Taylor been perfect? Far from it. He certainly has significant flaws in his game. Nevertheless, if this had been his rookie season people would have been over the moon at his performance. Of course, he's not a rookie - he's a five year vet at this point. But this year was his first year of actual game experience. There is certainly a chance that his game will improve with a full off-season, training camp and pre-season as the undisputed #1 QB. Taylor isn't the reason this season has been disappointing. He's the reason it hasn't been a total, unmitigated disaster.

Who thinks TT called/designed a WR screen to Easley?

He is better than Wilson was after 12 games. If Wilson had sat for four years maybe that would not be the case, but he is making way more plays than Wilson did after 12 games. Same can be said for comparison to Roethlisberger. Will TT continue to get better like those two players did? No one knows.

If TT had the Seahawks defense the Bills would have two losses.

The O-line is still a major disaster and could get terribly worse with FA. The draft and FA must be used for O-line and D-line. And dear god that still leaves the mess at LB....

I would have no issue if a first round talent at QB fell to the Bills. But to reach for another EJ would be stupid (and I was an EJ supporter).

When did I say he was better than Cam this yr?

I'd take Tannehill, Bortles and Osweiler over TT, but wait I no nothing.

Cook, Lynch, Goff. All going first round

and your obsession with me is sad, you really need to do something with your life.

Those 3 QBs will make fans long for the days of EJ. Cook especially.

No question this has been a horrifically disappointing season - most disappointing in recent memory. But take a step back and imagine what this season would have been like with EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel as the quarterbacks. Two wins? Maybe three?

:doh: You actually think EJ Manuel would only win 2 games this season? I mean, seriously? Such revisionists you guys are. He was bad lately, no doubt. He was 2-4 in his last six starts.

But guess what...? Taylor is 2-4 in his last six starts!

I'll admit, I wanted EJ to start the season. After the Colts game, I realized Taylor's potential and quieted and wanted to see him improve with the team. After the wheels fell off, I'm now sitting here laughing at the way you guys are reflecting on both QBs. Taylors anti-clutch pass at the end of the half on Sunday with no pressure whatsoever was exactly the type of thing that EJ was crucified for. I'm pissed because we seem to be exactly where we have been. It's a never ending cycle. Neither QB has more than 16 starts and neither has been impressive.

Edited by fridge

We have TT on the cheap through next year. He is the starter next year. We draft another this year and see what happens with both the new guy and TT. For a first year starter, TT was great. By all means his play was good enough to get us into the playoffs. Not to say the offense was stellar every game, but we built this team to play suffocating defense and they simply did not. Poor coaching decisions, penalties, etc. can be overcome by greater QBs than him I suppose, but I really want to see what he can do for us next year.

We have TT on the cheap through next year. He is the starter next year. We draft another this year and see what happens with both the new guy and TT. For a first year starter, TT was great. By all means his play was good enough to get us into the playoffs. Not to say the offense was stellar every game, but we built this team to play suffocating defense and they simply did not. Poor coaching decisions, penalties, etc. can be overcome by greater QBs than him I suppose, but I really want to see what he can do for us next year.

I think if Whaley stays, he'll make another QB move. He's been aggressive in that department the last couple of years. Trading down for EJ 3 years ago. 2 years ago he coaxed Kyle out of retirement. This year he signed Tyrod and traded for Cassell. I think Whaley is very aware that QB is (still IMHO) a problem and we won't rise above mediocrity until we find a, as the thread title states, real qb.

I like Tyrod and he has played well. But if there is an opportunity to improve football's most important position, we'll go for it (at least I hope so anyway).

I think if Whaley stays, he'll make another QB move. He's been aggressive in that department the last couple of years. Trading down for EJ 3 years ago. 2 years ago he coaxed Kyle out of retirement. This year he signed Tyrod and traded for Cassell. I think Whaley is very aware that QB is (still IMHO) a problem and we won't rise above mediocrity until we find a, as the thread title states, real qb.

I like Tyrod and he has played well. But if there is an opportunity to improve football's most important position, we'll go for it (at least I hope so anyway).

No doubt, but the move is drafting a new QB and sticking with TT unless or until the draftee is ready to roll.

No doubt, but the move is drafting a new QB and sticking with TT unless or until the draftee is ready to roll.

That's your opinion, we'll see. Tyrod has done OK, but if we can improve the position we should. QB is the most important position. Leave no stone unturned. Don't lock yourself into one strategy. I suspect Doug will not, given the opportunity.

I mean everyone said EJ was his boy, yet he coaxed Kyle Orton out of retirement heading into his boy's second season where he would be the starter.

I'm all for Tyrod starting next year, unless we can find someone better.

No quarterback in the world would succeed with this offensive line. None.

except TT who is ranked 5th in passer rating and 7th in total qbr.

also the bills lead the league in ave yards per rushing attempt at 4.9

Edited by papazoid

Seven snaps from inside the 2yd line at the end of the half - one from the 1/2 yd line - and not one QB sneak. Not one. And no points.

That is your game, fellas.

Pathetic playcalling.

Or pathetic Refereeing. I still think (I asked it somewhere) that I thought Shady crossed the plane on the surge where the Skins got their penalty. Guess what - no one reviewed it.