We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

Unless you have an elite QB you always need a better one.

And they should always draft a QB with their first selection every year for this reason.

They won't......they will probably draft a LB this spring and expect him to become the next Patrick Willis and then maybe he will or more likely he won't.......and it still won't matter if they don't have a QB.

That said.......I like working with Tyrod until an Aaron Rodgers arrives in Buffalo.

Tyrod is as good as they've had since Kelly.

Give him the weapons the way the Bills did with Bledsoe in year one of that experiment and I think he could produce some real fireworks.

As bad as the defense has been, the priority next season should be making it as easy as possilble for the QB to succeed. Better blocking, better matchups in the pass game, a more physical running game to soften opposing pass rushes.

We simply don't know that yet because he only has 12 starts, and really is basically a rookie this season. It would be different if this guy had a few years playing experience.

Again, we don't know that just yet, and I for love a QB that doessn't turn the ball over very often! He moves the chains with his feet, and really is on par with Danger Russ, and Cam Newton in rushing. Should the Bills find an accompaniment to Sammy Watkins on the other side of the offense things should open up in the passing game. Plus the team is still handicapped on the offensive line and Clay was out with an injury.

Tyrod Taylor isn't going anywhere and this offseason should be interesting to see who stays and who goes at OBD.

Edited by Nihilarian

The Bills have bigger problems. Disgust with Rex is going to keep all our FAs from re-signing. We're going to have to replace Gilmore, Glenn, and Incognito, and no one good will want to come to Buffalo. The 2017 draft is where we should be shooting for. Our defense will be even worse next year, and without an offensive line our expensive talent will be wasted. We'll go 2-14 next year and have a shot at the franchise QB you want.

OR, the Bills could realize the expensive disastrous mistake they made, and fire Ryan NOW. Hire Schwartz as interim HC for the rest of the year. Next year hire another HC and have Roman and Schwartz as coordinators. Suddenly we'll be able keep our FAs and attract others.

The key is, Ryan has to go before he drives away all the talent the Bills have accumulated. It's a lot easier to replace one loudmouth arrogant jerk of a HC than to rebuild a defense like we had in 2014 and 2013.

Doood, you can say that about most of the organization. Even the supposed "good players" Whaley has brought in. Coaching blows, etc. Half his starting receivers are always or have been out for weeks at aTime. he has one good not great TE sometimes.

The guy has 14 games under his belt. Don't we all wish that the team got bounced put of the playoffs. because TT couldn't out duel Brady etc? Until he offically ***** the bed he has a lot of believers. he has huge tasks ahead. But the guy seems coachable. More so than almost everyone since Kelly. I would give him next year for sure. Unless the Bills trade for Rodgers.

Who said we was on Big Bens level?

I've always loved the saying, don't come to me with problems without having a solution.

Get rid of Tyrod, okay. What is your definite solution that can guarantee better results? Rookies are a crap shoot. If it was that easy, we would have done it after Kelly.

Tyrod is the best option we have and the best option out there. I'm all for drafting someone and let the best man win. But you make it sound too simple.

Well said, I completely agree.

Who said we was on Big Bens level?

I've always loved the saying, don't come to me with problems without having a solution.

Get rid of Tyrod, okay. What is your definite solution that can guarantee better results? Rookies are a crap shoot. If it was that easy, we would have done it after Kelly.

Tyrod is the best option we have and the best option out there. I'm all for drafting someone and let the best man win. But you make it sound too simple.

Good response

There 3 1st round QBs in the draft this yr and we have a shot to get one. There are also some other QBs in the 2-3 range that could pan out. Hopefully someone other than Whaley is here to pick em (and hopefully Rex has less influence on shopping for the groceries)

Who are they?

When I read your answer I'll keep in mind that as of two weeks ago you thought Talleywhacker was better than Cam.

I told all of you back in preseason that TT is not the answer. As a long time ACC guy I watched him all through college at VaTech and there is now way he was ever going to be a Top Tier NFL QB. I said it from the start and some of you are coming around. I was hoping that I was wrong but he will not ever be a top NFL QB. We do we go from here ? I would draft two QBs per year until we find one. In the NFL QB is where it starts and ends. How did Rex destroy this team in less than a season. Someone please tell me how he ruined a really good defense into the laughing stock of the NFL. The Jets must be laughing their A---s off!!!

Who are they?

When I read your answer I'll keep in mind that as of two weeks ago you thought Talleywhacker was better than Cam.

When did I say he was better than Cam this yr?

I'd take Tannehill, Bortles and Osweiler over TT, but wait I no nothing.

Cook, Lynch, Goff. All going first round

and your obsession with me is sad, you really need to do something with your life.

Thank You!

I've said something similar and was chastised.

Hey, look...to everybody who thinks Taylor is the answer, let me ask you this...when was this team great? The answe is under Kelly...who was a franchise QB and one of the best in the league. And when have we sucked? When we have QB's like Taylor...

Hey, look...to everybody who thinks Taylor is the answer, let me ask you this...when was this team great? The answe is under Kelly...who was a franchise QB and one of the best in the league. And when have we sucked? When we have QB's like Taylor...

Taylor has done as well as he can but he is not a pocket passer and until we get one that is good, we will be average. Maybe this draft we get it right

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian