We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

When did I say he was better than Cam this yr?

I'd take Tannehill, Bortles and Osweiler over TT, but wait I no nothing.

Cook, Lynch, Goff. All going first round

and your obsession with me is sad, you really need to do something with your life.

Why do you have to qualify Cam's comparison to Talleywhacker with "this year"? Look up your own post from two weeks ago where you were still making a case for the ridiculous Talleywhacker. He's terrible.

List of recent QB's you've liked that I recall:

Talleywhacker, Bortles, Gabbert, Luck...and nobody else even knew about Luck....Carr..I think....now add Lynch, Goff, Cook.

List of recent QBs you didn't like:

Cam, Winston, Wilson, Mariota...I think, Taylor

I can't recall what you said about Bridgewater or Manziel.

Do I have those correct? Can you fill us in on Bridgewater and Maniziel with how you honestly assessed them or let me know if I was wrong about anyone on the list?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

I'm so sick of people blaming losses on Tyrod. None of the QB's you mentioned could win with this defense. It was absolutely putrid and has been all year. Meanwhile Tyrod is putting up some of the best QB numbers in the league. Yes, by all means blame the losses on the one guy that is playing his heart out. The rest of these guys should be ashamed to collect a pay check, but Tyrod is giving us his all week in and week out. Ridiculous to keep blaming him when the defense can't stop anybody.

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

Where do you find the best franchise QB's? Wal-Mart or Target?

As bad as the bills are I can think of one game when had no chance of winning. In fact if our D was top 5 like last year I think at least half of our loses would be wins.

This is a weird post today where basically the only two players who showed up with any energy or heart where TT and Hughes. TT had no time for most of the game, kept drives alive all on his own, led the team in rushing, he is our own Russel Wilson and that guy won a SB.

As bad as the bills are I can think of one game when had no chance of winning. In fact if our D was top 5 like last year I think at least half of our loses would be wins.

This is a weird post today where basically the only two players who showed up with any energy or heart where TT and Hughes. TT had no time for most of the game, kept drives alive all on his own, led the team in rushing, he is our own Russel Wilson and that guy won a SB.

Wilson won a Super Bowl thanks to a great defense and great running game. Yes, he's been great the last 4 weeks but I can't say that prior to this spell has he been what I consider above average. I agree with the sentiment that if a guy like Goff or Cook falls to us on draft day we snatch one of them.

Wilson won a Super Bowl thanks to a great defense and great running game. Yes, he's been great the last 4 weeks but I can't say that prior to this spell has he been what I consider above average. I agree with the sentiment that if a guy like Goff or Cook falls to us on draft day we snatch one of them.

Good God. Now Wilson is ordinary? One bad play call away from back to back Super Bowl wins and he just got good 4 weeks ago? But Cook is the answer? Geez maybe Seattle will trade up for him. We better watch out for that scenario if we want the sure fire HOFer who can't even get elected captain as a 4 year starting QB.

Good God. Now Wilson is ordinary? One bad play call away from back to back Super Bowl wins and he just got good 4 weeks ago? But Cook is the answer? Geez maybe Seattle will trade up for him. We better watch out for that scenario if we want the sure fire HOFer who can't even get elected captain as a 4 year starting QB.

TT is no Russel Wilson.

The Bills need to spend their draft picks on linebackers (does any team in the NFL have worse ones?), and O+D Lineman, in that order.

Is TT a franchise QB? Jury is still out. But he's a leader and certainly capable enough to win in the playoffs.

Today was not his best day but even in defeat, he was not the problem. Guy has a highly dubious line that can't find the RB a yard for a critical TD, a No. 2 WR who is more like most team's #4, and a golfer's grandson at TE. Oh, and a 21 point hole so everyone knows he's going to throw.

At least the penalties didn't kill the offense today. For a change.

Edited by Observer

No we need an OC who knows what he is doing. Until I see some creativity on offense, in addition to be able to run a 2-minute drill, I'll cut TT some slack. I swear he hasn't had an audible all year or actually changed a play at the line. You watch and he seems to be lost out there.

BTW when does it look like he surveys the field or looks to Watkins on a play. You can tell almost every time that SW will not be involved in a play They were down 21-0 and the play calling I swear was that it was a 7 point game. Only the 2 play 85 yard drive had any semblance of urgency.

Edited by Billsfan1972

I'd agree with most of what you stated. Yeah he's no where near Rothlisberger, but neither are about 25 other #1 QB's on teams in the league. So we can draft someone in the 1st or 2nd round, but what makes you think he'll be any better and this by no means a knock on the Bills scouting and coaching. It's just reality as there are very few people that make the transition from college to the NFL very well.

Everyone knocks EJ, but the real problem with him isn't so much his abilities as much as where he was picked. If the Bills had picked him in the 2nd or 3rd round, there wouldn't be nearly the hysteria over him, he still would have been just as bad, but no big deal, and you dump him. I bring him up only to point out there is a much better odds of getting someone of his capabilities than there are of getting another Aaron Rodgers. They just don't exist hardly ever.

Is TT capable like Eli did today of bringing the team back from down 35-7, probably not, but the key is don't allow your defense to give up four TD's like the Bills did today. Assuming he improves somewhat, particularly on short passes and build a good team around TT he likely would be capable of winning. Unless you can get real lucky and get a Rodgers, but instead have one of these at the next level of talent, once these others rookie contract expires they will still get big $$ and then there isn't enough money left to build the team around him.

As I read somewhere just last week in a comment about Brady, "He is able to make the players around him better" Well unless you get real lucky and get someone of his level, more likely you'll be dumping TT for another EJ.

Is TT a franchise QB? Jury is still out. But he's a leader and certainly capable enough to win in the playoffs.

You mean like, how we needed these wins to make the playoffs and instead lost 4 of 5?

Honest question, what makes you think he's capable enough to win in the playoffs?

The Bills need to spend their draft picks on linebackers (does any team in the NFL have worse ones?), and O+D Lineman, in that order.

Today was not his best day but even in defeat, he was not the problem.

It's damn time the Bills developed a QB or at least take another chance at it. EJ failed but we all knew he was a reach when we drafted him. If the Bills are in position to draft a 1st round talent QB this year I'd be hard pressed on passing on one. Especially since TT contract is done after next season. I don't want to see us with another Ryan Fitzpatrick situation.

You mean like, how we needed these wins to make the playoffs and instead lost 4 of 5?

Honest question, what makes you think he's capable enough to win in the playoffs?

TT is about the only bright spot on this team. And maybe you missed :Guy has a highly dubious line that can't find the RB a yard for a critical TD, a No. 2 WR who is more like most team's #4, and a golfer's grandson at TE. TT is doing it with mirrors.

You basically said Wilson is worthless.

Wilson is equivalent to Eli Manning to me, both great QBs but not elite. Say what you want but if the Seahawks drafted Wilson in the 1st Round of the draft they took him and didn't end up with guys like Irvin or Bobby Wagner in Rounds 1 and 2 I doubt most be calling Wilson as great as he's been made out to be. Him falling to the 3rd Round is what makes him so valuable. If TT was here making Cutler type money he wouldn't be worth it as it mean guys like Dareus and Shady wouldn't be on this roster.

TT is about the only bright spot on this team. And maybe you missed :Guy has a highly dubious line that can't find the RB a yard for a critical TD, a No. 2 WR who is more like most team's #4, and a golfer's grandson at TE. TT is doing it with mirrors.

Kinda like Losman did when he was throwing bombs to Lee Evans. It seemed like he was playing better than he really was. What made/make guys like Brady, Brees and Peyton so great is their ability to pick apart defenses with the short game. Tell me how is it Woods has taken a step backward with TT at QB?

No, I saw your excuses. That's what they are though, excuses. Certainly doesn't instill any confidence.

The guy has Watkins and McCoy, let's not pretend he's at the helm of the 2006 Bills.