We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

This. Tyrod has done an excellent job and his detractors can't be bothered by his excellent stats. They just believe that their opinion trumps the reality that the statistics show. Tyrod Taylor is one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL, RIGHT NOW. He will get better, but he's already well above average. To top it off he is playing with a passion that seems to be lacking in his team mates. If you don't believe that TT is a "real" QB then you know nothing about football and it is pointless to debate.

Not even close buddy!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Taylor, I can't see it. I don't feel confident the team can win any game.

I don't know what you guys are seeing, I definitely think we can win games with Tyrod. Tyrod is going to be just fine. Draft a QB in this draft fine, but give Tyrod one more year.

And not throwing picks or fumbling, but instead throwing good passes and we win? A QB becomes a leader by coming through under fire which thus far, Tyrod has done little of, thus, no leadership.

Those 3 and outs didn't help much either. Just keep putting our suck egg D back there time and time again.

EJ has shown that ability, first game of his career. You saying EJ should start?

Hey, look...to everybody who thinks Taylor is the answer, let me ask you this...when was this team great? The answe is under Kelly...who was a franchise QB and one of the best in the league. And when have we sucked? When we have QB's like Taylor...

The last time this team was great was under Marv Levy and Bill Polian!

Without smart leadership, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Get your priorities straight before you B word about the QB. The biggest problem is at the higher levels.

The reason this team failed this year is overwhelmingly due to the horrible coaching!!! Ryan and Roman could make Aaron Rodgers a chump! Ryan turned a fearsome top ranked defense into mush!

Worrying about the QB first is putting the cart before the horse!

Here is the priority list:

1. Owner Pegulas: going nowhere

2. President Brandon: brown nose ticket seller going nowhere

3. GM Whaley: mixed results, bad overpowered the good

4. Head Coach Ryan: epic fail, continues to be a loser

5. Asst coaches: failed miserably, look at the proof

6. Players: mixed results, but the players only are as good as those instructing them (see above)

The foundation (steps 3,4,5) must be strong before deciding on the roster (that includes QB!!!). Right now the foundation between the owner and the players is on very shaky ground. This should be the focus.

They had their issues, but they are not all on TT. See the difference?

Yes, it's not all Taylor's fault. I'm struggling to see who said that it was. The Quarterback is largely responsible for late game drives. No one attributes Cam Newton's late game heroics on Sunday to the center.

EJ has shown that ability, first game of his career. You saying EJ should start?

EJ has shown it several times including in the Jacksonville game. We WERE ahead until the D gave up an 86 yard drive to Blake Bortles and company.

I don't know he should start or not but would not rule it out for 2016.

They had their issues, but they are not all on TT. See the difference?

Whose are the defenses' all on?

Yes, it's not all Taylor's fault. I'm struggling to see who said that it was. The Quarterback is largely responsible for late game drives. No one attributes Cam Newton's late game heroics on Sunday to the center.

Maybe you should read the thread title before commenting. It doesn't say we need a real O.

EJ has shown it several times including in the Jacksonville game. We WERE ahead until the D gave up an 86 yard drive to Blake Bortles and company.

Not one player.

Edited by thebug

Because it worked. Do you think they would blame Cam if the center let an unblocked DT sack him to send the game to overtime?

You are really considering starting EJ over Tyrod? What games have you been watching. I just don't get all this Tyrod hate.

I don't see Tyrod as bad, but he doesn't seem like a complete QB.

He has great mobility and throws a nice deep ball. But even in games where he hits a few deep balls he barely cracks 225 yards.

What that means is that he isn't consistently completing passes in the short/intermediate game.

HOWEVER, he could very well grow as a passer this offseason. I want to see how much he can improve.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You are really considering starting EJ over Tyrod? What games have you been watching. I just don't get all this Tyrod hate.

Next years a long ways off. A lot can happen between now and then and will. I've been watching Bills games. I don't hate Tryod. I like him. But I'm not married to him.

I don't see Tyrod as bad, but he doesn't seem like a complete QB.

He has great mobility and throws a nice deep ball. But even in games where he hits a few deep balls he barely cracks 225 yards.

What that means is that he isn't consistently completing passes in the short/intermediate game.

Intermediate game is where he needs to improve, I think he has good touch on short passes when he's asked to pass them. Problem is, I think the scheme is more about aggressive, get the ball down field to get the safties back on their heels and then pound. There's not much of the screen/intermediate passes.

Next years a long ways off. A lot can happen between now and then and will. I've been watching Bills games. I don't hate Tryod. I like him. But I'm not married to him.

We're on the same boat as far as the bolded, but I think many have seen enough of EJ to say he's not the answer. I think the jury is still out and that Tyrod can certainly grow into the answer.

TT is fine. Let's go another year. Next year cannot possibly be as bad injury wise as this year was on offense. Sure I would love Carson Palmer but there isn't one of those out there. not getting one at 16 or wherever we draft either. Start dealing with reality people. TT does not turn it over (first one of those we've ever had in my memory) , has top 10 stats, throws a great deep ball and is a serious running threat, even on one leg as he was half of this year. He can only get better in this offense if he gets all the reps with the 1's this offseason (remember Cassel and EJ got most of these reps this year in camps).

Just don't blow up the organization and start all over again, again. Locker room leaders will emerge from this group (Aaron Williams, Sammy, others). Just takes time. Ralph's been hardly gone and the Pegs really are learning on the job. Somehow they need a true football man to be above Rex and Whaley and get the Pegs out of the football business. Maybe that happens this offseason.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Honestly, I don't hate him. I am very hard on him because I have witnessed a lot here anoint him,and I know that he's been underwhelming late in games. He is average/below-average. I put him and EJ in a very similar class. Certainly not as night and day as you would believe.

Edited by fridge

Honestly, I don't hate him. I am very hard on him because I have witnessed a lot here anoint him,and I know that he's been underwhelming late in games. He is average/below-average. I put him and EJ in a very similar class. Certainly not as night and day as you would believe.

The bolded is where I would have to agree to disagree. I think the eye test is significantly in favor of Tyrod. I truly think that Tyrod can put the team on his back at times and win games i.e. Tennesee. He's had his moments when he's not lived up to the "franchise" tag but he's young and still learning. I see positives in his game and I think he continues to get better. EJ on the other hand, I never feel comfortable when the ball leaves his hand, I always feel like it's going t be too high, too low, to far behind etc.

We need to stick with Taylor for another year. I think continuity is the best way to go at this point.

When I see teams with 8 in the box on just about every play daring TT to beat them and he can't, I don't think it bodes well for TT going forward.

He's young, he can learn and grow. He's seeing most things for the first time. Practice is not like the real thing, you hear players saying that all the time. He needs to continue to get time under center to learn and grow. Eventually, the hope will be that he can process what's happening at the line and make appropriate changes. I still believe Tyrod can make the progression into a viable starting QB that can get us somewhere.