We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod has done enough to merit entering the offseason as this team's starting QB.

They should also be looking for their long-term answer at the position in the upcoming draft, as well as for a veteran backup that can play from off the bench.

Is there anyone, on this board or otherwise, that doesn't agree with BOTH of the above two statements? If so, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Tyrod has done enough to merit entering the offseason as this team's starting QB.

They should also be looking for their long-term answer at the position in the upcoming draft, as well as for a veteran backup that can play from off the bench.

Is there anyone, on this board or otherwise, that doesn't agree with BOTH of the above two statements? If so, I would like to hear your reasoning.

I've said it earlier in this thread, agreed on both accounts.

I try not to espouse my opinion as the last word on any subject, but in this case, I feel like my opinion really does represent the general consensus amongst Bills' fans.

Judging by your signature, I would think you'd espoused your opinion as the last word many o' times. :lol:

Why? That's one isolated incident? See: EJ with Carolina.

Tyrod has proven 4 different times this season with the ball late in an opportunity to tie or win that he cannot do that. The knock on EJ with accuracy is incredibly hypocritical. Multiple times in the game yesterday Tyrod's throws were very off base (especially on the run). He had a wide open Watkins on a roll-out to the right and over threw him by 10-20 yards.

We will have to agree to disagree. I'm not advocating for EJ to start at all, I just think we can do much better than Tyrod Taylor, especially if we're rebuilding and have an opportunity to go with a young QB. I think he and EJ are much of the same.

OK, who's it gonna be? We're gonna blow a #1 on maybe the 3rd or 4th best QB in a very weak QB draft class? are you insane? we just did that with EJ, for crying out loud. TT is himself a young QB who just played the first 14 or 15 NFL games of his career and put up top 10 numbers. we aren't rebuilding, we have top 10 talent at WR, TE and RB and a young solid Oline. You gonna start over with ANOTHER rookie QB next year and repeat the exact same thing you saw this year (or probably worse bc at least TT watched for few years)? again?

this fan base is insane. win a couple games and its SB, lose a couple and its off with their heads. lunatics.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

OK, who's it gonna be? We're gonna blow a #1 on maybe the 3rd or 4th best QB in a very weak QB draft class? are you insane? we just did that with EJ, for crying out loud. TT is himself a young QB who just played the first 14 or 15 NFL games of his career and put up top 10 numbers. we aren't rebuilding, we have top 10 talent at WR, TE and RB and a young solid Oline. You gonna start over with ANOTHER rookie QB next year and repeat the exact same thing you saw this year (or probably worse bc at least TT watched for few years)? again?

this fan base is insane. win a couple games and its SB, lose a couple and its off with their heads. lunatics.

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

The only unstable people in this thread are the ones who can't help but throw insults, and are incapable of having a discussion. We'll see how Tyrod progresses next season. I'm not holding out as much hope as you are, but we'll see.

Again, you're looking at stats - not wins.

Again, you know damn well that you can't attribute wins and losses to one player. You are trying to push through your ridiculous agenda. At any rate, here is the comparison of the 2 players that you say are virtually identical over their last 12 starts:

Player Comp Att Comp % Yards TD INT Sack Rate Rush yards Rush YPC Rush TD

Tyrod 211 334 63.2 2,674 20 5 31 101.8 450 5.6 3

EJ 234 391 59.8 2,515 14 12 29 79.8 221 3.7 4

Just to be clear, I do not think that Tyrod is perfect but he is clearly the best QB that we have had since the drought began. There is a lot to like and reason to be optimistic that he will get better and possibly become the long term guy. He is at worst a middle of the league guy now. At best he can be a regular in the Pro Bowl. There are areas of his game that need work but we should be very happy with the QB play that he has provided this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Again, you know damn well that you cant attribute wins and losses to one player. You are trying to push through your ridiculous agenda. At any rate, here is the comparison of the 2 players that you say are virtually identical over their last 12 starts:

Player

Comp

Att

Comp %

Yards

TD

INT

Sack

Rate

Rush yards

Rush YPC

Rush TD

Tyrod

EJ

Boom goes the dynamite. Mental gymnastics to make things seem the way they want in 3....2....1....

TT is himself a young QB who just played the first 14 or 15 NFL games of his career and put up top 10 numbers.

How exactly is Tyrod putting up "top 10 numbers". In total yards, he's currently 25th, 4 slots below Sam Bradford. In TDs he's 16th, right below Fannyhill. Even in the hang your hat on QB Rating he has fallen to #11.