We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

So they've lost every game either over 30 attempts... (5) And that's not compatible with today's NFL. Still He is the one guy on the whole team I'm willing to give more time. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

In effect he is. It is his first year as a starter and he missed 2 games due to injury. He has had 12 starts in the league now. Still not a full season even after this year.

Based on what, your infallible opinion? Statistics agree with me.

So in your infinite wisdom who are you taking TT over?

NOT

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Roethlisberger

Luck

Palmer

Wilson

Newton

Romo

Rivers

Stafford

Bortles

Carr

E Manning

Dalton

Ryan

Winston and Mariota are already better than TT is.

If you are really entertaining thoughts of wanting TT over anyone of these guys, you should maybe think about not posting TT is top 10 because it shows you don't know much other than "stats".

That's a nice excuse and all, but he was mostly responsible for the "zero". Bad defense shouldn't absolve bad offense from fault.

At worst... for us to be able to say tyrod did the best he could... he has to throw for more than 26 yards in the first qt let alone the flippin first HALF!!! How does this guy consistently throw 240+ after laying complete turds in the first half. His numbers are so inflated and i pull my hair out when ESPECIALLY Fox announcers talk aboutbhow good he is. They just look at a stat sheet.

I'm so sick of people blaming losses on Tyrod. None of the QB's you mentioned could win with this defense. It was absolutely putrid and has been all year. Meanwhile Tyrod is putting up some of the best QB numbers in the league. Yes, by all means blame the losses on the one guy that is playing his heart out. The rest of these guys should be ashamed to collect a pay check, but Tyrod is giving us his all week in and week out. Ridiculous to keep blaming him when the defense can't stop anybody.

Brady would mess himself if he had the offensive talent we have. Rodgers too. For you to say they wouldnt win with this defense is completely ludicrous. Those qbs change the game so much. Mind you. Im not pinning the loss on Taylor however to say he has been a big help in inherently false.

Where do you find the best franchise QB's? Wal-Mart or Target?

Hills... come on Promo im losing respect for you for not knowing that. Right next to the free popcorn

NOT

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Roethlisberger

Luck

Palmer

Wilson

Newton

Romo

Rivers

Stafford

Bortles

Carr

E Manning

Dalton

Ryan

If you are really entertaining thoughts of wanting TT over anyone of these guys, you should maybe think about not posting TT is top 10 because it shows you don't know much other than "stats".

All of these QBs are not better than TT. Romo is getting injury prone and older, who knows with Luck these days but I would take him over TT.

TT is only in his first 12 games, there cannot be a comparison right now. Please, post the numbers of all the QBs 1st 12 games, and then we can compare. You're being ridiculous.

All of these QBs are not better than TT. Romo is getting injury prone and older, who knows with Luck these days but I would take him over TT.

TT is only in his first 12 games, there cannot be a comparison right now. Please, post the numbers of all the QBs 1st 12 games, and then we can compare. You're being ridiculous.

Blah blah blah, heard this all before and where is that QB?

I would take every one of those guys over TT and only a fool would not.

TT is a keeper. best qb since Kelly.

ultimate "game manager". makes very few mistakes. can extend plays with his legs.

having said that, we need a qb who is better. probably through the draft.

which means TT starts for 2016

If our defense can hold teams under 20 points, Taylor wins a lot more games......Taylor would have been our Russell Wilson if our defense could have played lights out.

That is all that is needed to be said.

If our defense can hold teams under 20 points, Taylor wins a lot more games......Taylor would have been our Russell Wilson if our defense could have played lights out.

Not with these #'s

Week 4 10 points L Giants - king of 4th QRT let downs

Week 5 14 points W Titans - no explanation needed

Week 11 13 points L NE - Tenessee scored 16 against them even with Mariota getting hurt early.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

NOT

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Roethlisberger

Luck

Palmer

Wilson

Newton

Romo

Rivers

Stafford

Bortles

Carr

E Manning

Dalton

Ryan

WInston and Marriota are NOT already better then TT.....that is bs

Its the moving goalposts thing

Going into this year......this was a team that was supposed to play dom defense and have a game manager that didnt lose games for you

- Our D wasnt close to that

- Our QB was better then that

BLAME THE DEFENSE

Winston is better than Tyrod already. Marriota is similar. Carr has been struggling lately..but most of that list is, in fact, better than Tyrod.

Winston is NOT better then Tyrod Taylor......Winston is a friggen interception machine

i think the thing with QB's in Buffalo is that Bills fan's don't know what they look like. It's been 20 years since we've had a great one. And in that span the need for a great QB has only increased.

When we play great QBs the excuse after the game is that the D wasn't good enough. Or that there's nothing we could do because that other teams QB is so great.

Then the idea in Buffalo is the dysfunctional puzzle that we've tinkered with for 20 years because we opt to not go find the answer at QB because 'franchise QBs are hard to find.' We've tried winning every which way. Good D. Good running game. It doesn't work!

I AM NOT SAYING TYROD IS USELESS. But I need a franchise guy and it's my opinion that Taylor is what we've seen this year and even if he will improve, EVEN IF HE'll DEVELOP INTO A FRANCHISE GUY WE HAVE TO DRAFT A QB HIGH THIS YEAR. Because Tyrod is still a question mark as to what he'll be and we can't ignore the position because of a few deep passes that he completed to Watkins.

Think about it. Tyrod is small. Tyrod was a 6th round pick. Tyrod has issues seeing over the line. For all the good there is with Tyrod, there are still real issues that may keep him from being successful. And so a drafted QB is a good insurance plan.

WE HAVE TO DRAFT A QB. That's how you make the playoffs. That's how you win Super Bowls. Free agent QBs don't exactly have a track record of leading teams to championships.

i think the thing with QB's in Buffalo is that Bills fan's don't know what they look like. It's been 20 years since we've had a great one. And in that span the need for a great QB has only increased.

When we play great QBs the excuse after the game is that the D wasn't good enough. Or that there's nothing we could do because that other teams QB is so great.

Then the idea in Buffalo is the dysfunctional puzzle that we've tinkered with for 20 years because we opt to not go find the answer at QB because 'franchise QBs are hard to find.' We've tried winning every which way. Good D. Good running game. It doesn't work!

I AM NOT SAYING TYROD IS USELESS. But I need a franchise guy and it's my opinion that Taylor is what we've seen this year and even if he will improve, EVEN IF HE'll DEVELOP INTO A FRANCHISE GUY WE HAVE TO DRAFT A QB HIGH THIS YEAR. Because Tyrod is still a question mark as to what he'll be and we can't ignore the position because of a few deep passes that he completed to Watkins.

Think about it. Tyrod is small. Tyrod was a 6th round pick. Tyrod has issues seeing over the line. For all the good there is with Tyrod, there are still real issues that may keep him from being successful. And so a drafted QB is a good insurance plan.

WE HAVE TO DRAFT A QB. That's how you make the playoffs. That's how you win Super Bowls. Free agent QBs don't exactly have a track record of leading teams to championships.

I agree that we should draft one early. My definition of Early is round 2 or 3 though. I'm not wasting a 1st round pick on 2nd/3rd round talent again when its clear we need a guy who can actually contribute on day 1.

The fact that we never draft them, and always trot out everyone's castoffs is alarming. Jeff Tuel? Why?!! Thad Lewis? Did we honestly think he'd be good?

Tyrod has for sure done enough to get the job next year - that is 100% clear. Hopefully he develops and becomes what we need him to be. But the old guard is gone, and the new guard needs to be constantly planning for the future.

Blah blah blah, heard this all before and where is that QB?

I would take every one of those guys over TT and only a fool would not.

Ok, so you're saying anyone who does not agree with you is a fool. I get it, thanks for letting me know. I can carry on with my life now. You're ridiculous.

Side note, just because you've heard it once before, does not mean that it becomes less right. What an interesting life you must lead.

Winston is better than Tyrod already. Marriota is similar. Carr has been struggling lately..but most of that list is, in fact, better than Tyrod.

Wow, incredible, I don't see it, but I guess to each their own.

The Bills should trade for Brady, Palmer, Newton or Rodgers, that should do the trick. LOL

Bingo! You're on to something!

Edited by HamSandwhich

Tyrod could've been responsible for close to 30 TDs and almost 4000 yds passing and rushing, yet he's the problem? If he hadn't gotten hurt those 2 games and can finish the last 2 games of the season, those numbers would've been very realistic. Sure some of those numbers were garbage stats but he didn't get much help earlier in the year.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Ok, so you're saying anyone who does not agree with you is a fool. I get it, thanks for letting me know. I can carry on with my life now. You're ridiculous.

Side note, just because you've heard it once before, does not mean that it becomes less right. What an interesting life you must lead.

Wow, incredible, I don't see it, but I guess to each their own.

Bingo! You're on to something!

Ok, name who on that list you would NOT take over TT and why.

Not to continue these redundant arguments, but that may be pure speculation on your part.

Sorry to intrude and I hope I am not missing the point here.... Like Tyrod at 6-6?

Yes I do like Tyrod at 6 - 6. He's the only reason this team isn't going to be one of the top teams picking in the draft. If you want to get rid of him for that I can understand, but he is FAR from the problem on this team. I mean really, he throws arguably one of the best deep balls in the game (that's saying something), he can shake and bake like shady and he protects the !@#$ing football!!! WTF more can you ask for in a first year QB?!?!?