We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

For those of you that "want a franchise QB" who is it that the Bills could have acquired this year or next year that you prefer? No more ridiculousness like "Roethelisberger is better." Well duh!! Who is it that you would rather? At least to Buffalo Barbarian's credit he is on record as wanting Connor Cook who may be available when the Bills pick. I don't believe him to be an upgrade but that is semi realistic.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod is the real deal. If this team didn't screw him over and put him in 1st and 15, 1st and 25. 3rd and 20 situations with all those boneheaded penalties, he would've been in way better shape. I'm not even going to talk about this worthless defense that we have now. He didn't get help from anyone. He's not the best QB but he's more than capable of succeeding. Right now I'd put him ahead of Romo, Stafford, Ryan, Bridgewater, Foles, Gabbert/Kaepernick, Cutler, Cousins, Peyton, A. Smith, Dalton, Flacco, Fitzpatrick, and Bradford.

Tyrod is the real deal. If this team didn't screw him over and put him in 1st and 15, 1st and 25. 3rd and 20 situations with all those boneheaded penalties, he would've been in way better shape. I'm not even going to talk about this worthless defense that we have now. He didn't get help from anyone. He's not the best QB but he's more than capable of succeeding. Right now I'd put him ahead of Romo, Stafford, Ryan, Bridgewater, Foles, Gabbert/Kaepernick, Cutler, Cousins, Peyton, A. Smith, Dalton, Flacco, Fitzpatrick, and Bradford.

3-8 27 yards in first half, yep real deal alright.

For those of you that "want a franchise QB" who is it that the Bills could have acquired this year or next year that you prefer? No more ridiculousness like "Roethelisberger is better." Well duh!! Who is it that you would rather? At least to Buffalo Barbarian's credit he is on record as wanting Connor Cook who may be available when the Bills pick. I don't believe him to be an upgrade but that is semi realistic.

Who was it that you were advocating months past?

Andrew Luck? Drew Brees? Philip Rivers? Kap? McCoy? RGIII?

3-8 27 yards in first half, yep real deal alright.

using facts to make an argument? For shame.

You can btch about first half stats. I look at his accomplishments as a whole. This is his first year as a starter and I'll take 3200 yds, 23 TDs to 6 TO's in 12 games any day. But yea. those numbers are pitiful.

As a whole. Has Tryod delivered a game as a whole? I see 6-6 and no playoffs as a whole.

How many 1st downs did Cousins make on X down and 15? 2, 3? More than one IIRC.

As a whole. Has Tryod delivered a game as a whole? I see 6-6 and no playoffs as a whole.

And Tyrod is 10000000% at fault for that? So all those penalties that his team dug him in. The pathetic defense and the horrid coaching. Special team mishaps were all his fault too? I guess I missed all those plays where he played o-line, defense and special teams. I guess he's the new Slash.

Did I say he delivered a GAME as a whole? If you knew how to read, i said ACCOMPLISHMENTS as a whole. Meaning what he's done through the entire season.

Yea, Cousins would be GREAT if he could play all his games at home, but it's a shame he has to play away as well where he's been mediocre. He has yet to throw more than 1 TD in an away game. Away games where he has a 6 TD to 11 TO ratio? Where his average QB rating is 76.5 in away games? Where he has a whopping 1-5 record on the road?

So yea I'll take a consistent Tyrod over a flaky Kirk anyway. Anything else genius?

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

And Tyrod is 10000000% at fault for that? So all those penalties that his team dug him in. The pathetic defense and the horrid coaching. Special team mishaps were all his fault too? I guess I missed all those plays where he played o-line, defense and special teams. I guess he's the new Slash.

Did I say he delivered a GAME as a whole? If you knew how to read, i said ACCOMPLISHMENTS as a whole. Meaning what he's done through the entire season.

How many plays do you recall being called back when Fred and CJ broke runs of 15 or more last season. Lets not pretend it just started to happen this season. The Refs have been :censored: over the Bills for decades!

ACCOMPLISHMENTS as a whole = many more Wins than Losses coupled with a playoff game.

Also, please don't assume people are imlpying TT sucks because we criticize aspects of his game.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

How many plays do you recall being called back when Fred and CJ broke runs of 15 or more last season. Lets not pretend it just started to happen this season. The Refs have been :censored: over the Bills for decades!

ACCOMPLISHMENTS as a whole = many more Wins than Losses coupled with a playoff game.

Also, please don't assume people are imlpying TT sucks because we criticize aspects of his game.

I love how you defended Kirk Cousins. LOL. You lost all credibility.

LOL

Yea, Cousins would be GREAT if he could play all his games at home, but it's a shame he has to play away as well where he's been mediocre. He has yet to throw more than 1 TD in an away game. Away games where he has a 6 TD to 11 TO ratio? Where his average QB rating is 76.5 in away games? Where he has a whopping 1-5 record on the road?

So yea I'll take a consistent Tyrod over a flaky Kirk anyway. Anything else genius?

Hey look the excuse game again, this should be fun.

I wouldn't use taylor's first half stats from washington as a negative. He had like 50 yards rushing. Woods dropped what i thought was a pretty well thrown ball, as did hogan. We also had a 3rd and 4 - with a false start on hogan.

Next 2 drives our line was getting manhandled - not a lot of time and Roman isn't exactly running quick slants. -- as an aside, I'd like to note that roman takes forever getting plays and players in. We never have time for pre-snap adjustments. I absolutely hate this aspect of his offense.

Final drive of the half we finally have 0 penalties or disaster plays. We get to the 1 and Roman forgets what we do well, and what Wash does well. We don't score. Taylor gets 1 shot on 4th and goal with a corner fade? That's just... stupid.

Edited by dneveu

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

how do you develop a qb? ...exactly the way Greg Roman is doing it. Rothlisberger first year never threw more than 28 passes in a game. Check out Rogers numbers as a first year stater they look a lot like Tyrod. It's taken Cam Newton 5 full seasons to hit his stride, Brees throws it 55-60 times a game puts up great fantasy numbers and they lose games. Yep 6 years ago they won a super bowl they are 30-32 the last 4 years in what has been a pathetic division at times. Brady is Brady anyone compares to him your on the losing end. Wilson similiar to Tyrod threw it over 30 times twice broke 250 yds twice. It's called experience - our qb play is the LEAST of the problems. What do you watch? or are you joking?

how do you develop a qb? ...exactly the way Greg Roman is doing it. Rothlisberger first year never threw more than 28 passes in a game. Check out Rogers numbers as a first year stater they look a lot like Tyrod. It's taken Cam Newton 5 full seasons to hit his stride, Brees throws it 55-60 times a game puts up great fantasy numbers and they lose games. Yep 6 years ago they won a super bowl they are 30-32 the last 4 years in what has been a pathetic division at times. Brady is Brady anyone compares to him your on the losing end. Wilson similiar to Tyrod threw it over 30 times twice broke 250 yds twice. It's called experience - our qb play is the LEAST of the problems. What do you watch? or are you joking?

Don't even bother. Taylor didn't take us to the playoffs so it's 1000000% his fault.

If we had this year's offense with last year's defense, everyone would be praising Tyrod.

You know my QB depth chart for 2016:

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Matt Hasselbeck

3. Brandon Doughty (or Carson Wentz, but I think Wentz will get over-drafted)

I thought that all of those guys but Luck and Brees could potentially be available. I'm not a McCoy guy but would have been okay taking a shot on the others for the right price. I knew that EJ wasn't the answer so I was okay taking a shot on a guy with talent. As it has turned out, Tyrod is an upgrade over any of them that would be available except Rivers.

You know my QB depth chart for 2016:

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Matt Hasselbeck

3. Brandon Doughty (or Carson Wentz, but I think Wentz will get over-drafted)

It is funny that you say that because that is the EXACT same depth chart that I hope for. The one caveat is if Tyrod is to miss an extended period of time (more than 2 games) I think that I would be for Doughty playing if he was up to speed.

The premise of this whole thread is insane. Tyrod Taylor Is not the problem with this football team and, for the first time in years, I feel the offense is not a major issue. The kid simply does not turn the ball over. For anyone to suggest QB is the issue with this team is ludicrous.