We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

except TT who is ranked 5th in passer rating and 7th in total qbr.

Many people keep bringing this up. I have to ask - What were his stats at the end of the half when he was 3 of 8?

Honestly, what good are these "great stats" when the team can not win a game that they should have? It all falls into the dumper when the team passes for 30 or more times.

I walked away from the TV set with 5 minutes to go as I had an errand to run. I heard it described as - the last TD for Sammy came in garbage time training by 18.

Had Tyrod stayed healthy all season and had the Bills' defense been even half of what Rex promised, the Bills would be somewhere around 10-4 right now. Maybe better. Tyrod's a keeper but they do need a much better backup.

IIRC Tyrod missed two games. How do you derive 4 extra wins from missing two games?

The Bills lost 4 of the last 5 games :bag:

Edited by NOVABillsFan

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people keep bringing this up. I have to ask - What were his stats at the end of the half when he was 3 of 8?

Honestly, what good are these "great stats" when the team can not win a game that they should have? It all falls into the dumper when the team passes for 30 or more times.

I walked away from the TV set with 5 minutes to go as I had an errand to run. I heard it described as - the last TD for Sammy came in garbage time training by 18.

IIRC Tyrod missed two games. How do you derive 4 extra wins from missing two games?

stats, Stats, STATS, STATS, STATS, STATS!

to some, are more important than wins, apparently. Here are some stats:

Total Yards - 25th

Yards/Game - 29th

Completion Percentage - 18th

Touchdowns - 16th

Sack % - 8th worst

Edited by fridge

Did you read the part about the D? Oh, I guess not because the QB is the only player on the field.

Edited by thebug

Did you read the part about the D? Oh, I guess not because the QB is the only player on the field.

Yes, I did. I just don't know what your point is?

I just don't see how the Buffalo defense made Tyrod complete only 3 passes on 8 attempts in the entire first half.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

TT didn't give up 35 points to wash.

TT is one guy......he is the ultimate game manager (doesn't make mistakes with the bonus of extending drives with his legs and he throws a nice "deep" ball.

his weakness is he is not a pure passer which shows up in the intermediate throws.

woods & Hogan have not done TT any favors with dropped balls.

the right side of the Oline sucks and he gets pressured quickly.

it's remarkable TT has done as well as he has.

he's a gamer and natural leader. we are lucky to have him.

having said that, he's our guy for 2016 but we need to find someone better.

his (TT) weakness is he is not a pure passer which shows up in the intermediate throws.

Then he has not business being a starting QB for the Bills. If a QB is not a good passer that can throw long and short, he's not the guy.

Tyrod has done pretty well for us this year, but he has a lot of work to do.

Edited by reddogblitz

TT didn't give up 35 points to wash.

TT is one guy......he is the ultimate game manager (doesn't make mistakes with the bonus of extending drives with his legs and he throws a nice "deep" ball.

his weakness is he is not a pure passer which shows up in the intermediate throws.

woods & Hogan have not done TT any favors with dropped balls.

the right side of the Oline sucks and he gets pressured quickly.

it's remarkable TT has done as well as he has.

he's a gamer and natural leader. we are lucky to have him.

having said that, he's our guy for 2016 but we need to find someone better.

TT didn't give up 35 points to wash. How does that change the fact that the offense did not score the entire first half? If you sustain drives and score then the Defense is not on the field to screw things up.

TT is one guy......he is the ultimate game manager (doesn't make mistakes with the bonus of extending drives with his legs and he throws a nice "deep" ball. Are you saying that TT is the man and everyone else sucks?

his weakness is he is not a pure passer which shows up in the intermediate throws. Is this or is this not a passing league? and shouldn't you expect your starter to be able to pass when needed to win a game?

he's a gamer and natural leader. we are lucky to have him. Tell me this, who was on the sideline yelling at other players to get their schit together and play? Has anyone seeen Tyrod get in anyones face telling him to stop screwing up? I can honestly say that I haven't seen it .

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Things that even the best struggle with early on in their starting careers.

This. Tyrod has done an excellent job and his detractors can't be bothered by his excellent stats. They just believe that their opinion trumps the reality that the statistics show. Tyrod Taylor is one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL, RIGHT NOW. He will get better, but he's already well above average. To top it off he is playing with a passion that seems to be lacking in his team mates. If you don't believe that TT is a "real" QB then you know nothing about football and it is pointless to debate.

he's a gamer and natural leader. we are lucky to have him. Tell me this, who was on the sideline yelling at other players to get their schit together and play? Has anyone seeen Tyrod get in anyones face telling him to stop screwing up? I can honestly say that I haven't seen it .

I would also disagree that Tyrod is a "natural leader". He doesn't appear that way to me at all. He seems to have more of Trent Edwards leadership style. I'm not the leader, I'm just one of the guys.

What has Tyrod done exactly to make one think he is a "natural leader" I wonder? A leader at QB elevates the play of the whole team making it greater than the sum of it's parts. I see quite the opposite about the Bills offense this year.

Edited by reddogblitz

I would also disagree that Tyrod is a "natural leader". He doesn't appear that way to me at all. He seems to have more of Trent Edwards leadership style. I'm not the leader, I'm just one of the guys.

What has Tyrod done exactly to make one think he is a "natural leader" I wonder? A leader at QB elevates the play of the whole team making it greater than the sum of it's parts. I see quite the opposite about the Bills offense this year.

I think it's the part where he's calm and confident in the huddle, screaming at players on the field to get them in proper position, and the first person in and last person out of the facility. He does plenty on the sidelines during games, but he's smart enough to know what will help and what will make things worse. Like that time Carp missed an extra point, Tyrod patted him on the back and said "Don't worry about it, we'll get it back. Keep your head up." And then he hit a 38 yard FG to seal the game a series or 2 later.

As much as I like Taylor, I can't see it. I don't feel confident the team can win any game.

I think it's the part where he's calm and confident in the huddle, screaming at players on the field to get them in proper position, and the first person in and last person out of the facility. He does plenty on the sidelines during games, but he's smart enough to know what will help and what will make things worse. Like that time Carp missed an extra point, Tyrod patted him on the back and said "Don't worry about it, we'll get it back. Keep your head up." And then he hit a 38 yard FG to seal the game a series or 2 later.

Calm and comfortable in the huddle - Tom Brady. He's not afraid to tell his team mates to get their chit together. He won't hesitate to yell at someone.

You're welcome EJ!

I'm sorry. I don't understand what that means? Also what does the backup have to do with the team losing 4 of the last 5.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Do you think Tyrod has showed good leadership late in games, getting guys up to the line quickly and executing the no-huddle?

Calm and comfortable in the huddle - Tom Brady. He's not afraid to tell his team mates to get their chit together. He won't hesitate to yell at someone.

I'm sorry. I don't understand what that means? Also what does the backup have to do with the team losing 4 of the last 5.

Great, let me know when he's available!

Do you think Tyrod has showed good leadership late in games, getting guys up to the line quickly and executing the no-huddle?

So you think the fact that we are consistently extremely slow getting to the line of scrimmage throughout the entirety of games is a reflection of late game leadership? I think you have no idea what Tyrod is saying or doing to other players late in the game.

How would we have done if the D held the other teams to 14 in those games? You say TT did nothing in the first half but fail to mention that our D did not stop the Redskins in the first half.

And not throwing picks or fumbling, but instead throwing good passes and we win? A QB becomes a leader by coming through under fire which thus far, Tyrod has done little of, thus, no leadership.

How would we have done if the D held the other teams to 14 in those games? You say TT did nothing in the first half but fail to mention that our D did not stop the Redskins in the first half.

Those 3 and outs didn't help much either. Just keep putting our suck egg D back there time and time again.

And not throwing picks or fumbling, but instead throwing good passes and we win? A QB becomes a leader by coming through under fire which thus far, Tyrod has done little of, thus, no leadership.

Those 3 and outs didn't help much either. Just keep putting our suck egg D back there time and time again.

Yeah they must have been gassed to start the game.