A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) Well it's official. Rex Ryan has destroyed this talented football team.

2) I know he gave up a long TD pass, but Corey Graham is a very good player, who makes plays all over the field. And btw, on the TD he did give up Bradford had all month to throw.

3) After the 47 yard TD pass to Watkins, EJ was sitting right next to Tyrod on the bench. He was smiling and encouraging. I have been critical of EJ as a quarterback but he sure seems like a good kid.

4) I'm not sure why Miller was on the field today. Do they really think he is better than Urbik? I for one do not.

5) Since the day he was signed, Mario Williams has been my favorite player on the Bills. And his sack today was great. The problem is that before the sack, he was a complete non factor. I don't know if it's because of the idiotic scheme, injuries, lack of effort, or whatever. I can't tell you but it is painful to watch. An btw Dareus was no prize either.

6) Last week, a very observant poster noted that Woods seems to be constantly falling down, at times for no reason. Well on his first catch in the 1st quarter, it looked as if he had room to run, and down he went.

7) Going where the wind don't blow so strange,

Maybe on some high cold mountain range.

Lost one round but the price wasn't anything,

Knife in a back,

and more of the same.

Same old rat in a drain ditch,

Out on a limb,

You know better but I know him.

8) You know, Rambo is starting to grow on me in a good way.

9) There is no accountability on this team. 15 penalties? Seriously? Rex has taken this very talented team and made them into a rebuilding project, one that will have cap issues to boot.

10) On the last drive before half time the Bills were rushing 3 men on almost every play. Once, Mario was one of the three and HE TOO dropped into coverage. This team was tops in sacks for the last 2 years. Now Rex has them playing like a bunch of pansy ass losers. I am a Bills Fan. I can handle losing but this is just plain ugly.

11) Cordy Glenn probably played his best game of the season.

12) A taunting penalty by a marginal player such as Meeks? I suppose if your coach doesn't care, go for it.

13) The man just isn't very good, but Manny Lawson did play well in the first half.

14) Tyrod was the most effective runner on the field. A few more carries by him and we would have won this game imo. Considering the protection and all of those penalties, I was satisfied with his performance today. Not thrilled mind you.

15) I really, really hope that Rex will accept a buyout and just get out of here.

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early loss of clay really hurt. We needed him to attack their LBs and keep drives alive. Taylor really missed that element on 3rd down. Need to invest in another TE...one starting caliber is not enough.

Taylor is not an accurate passer on those sidelines routes...he just floats them out there. Some times the WR makes a play.

Watkins is not a versatile WR...not good at YAC and turning short routes into long plays. Doesnt have much vertical for jump balls. I think he's more of a Lee Evans. Some big first half strikes then when defenses adjust to his speed, he becomes a non-factor.

Horrible OLine play...some of the calls like on wood and Richie were ticky tack, but overall it was mostly poor play. Even shady was visibly frustrates on that last false start on mills.

Horrible calls and decisions on important 3rd downs....empty backfield when only needing 3/4 yards? If we're a power team play like one. If not, then what is the identity on offense?

Gilmore's physical presence was missing, but it also helped Darby grow, and figure out how to defend bigger WRs.

Chip scouted us well...took away outside runs, and had defenders get their arms up to block the shorter taylor who also throws a flat ball close to the line

Defense played well enough to win...but pressure on bradord, forced critical 3 n outs, keeping themselves off the field. As always for years it seems we can't find an offense to hold up its end.

Better coaching really did us in...we have better talent, they played with more discipline and simply didn't make the mistakes we did.

On the long TD pass to Agholar - Dareus did a ballet move - I swear to God it was a pirouette of some kind - he pranced right by Bradford and may even have kicked his heels together in the air before landing.

This coaching staff is not able to concentrate fully for 17 full weeks, or for 60 full minutes on game day. Many of the players on this roster were already undisciplined knuckleheads before Rex showed up - but this team has fully adopted the scatterbrained, undisciplined, ADHD personality of its head coach and offensive coordinator.

Tyrod lacks situational awareness. Throwing a fade on critical third and short situations is straight out of Va Tech. We're in the big leagues now. Get your mind in the game or we'll find someone else to play under center.

Watkins had his worst game as a Bill. He failed to separate, failed to extend himself, and dropped two passes.

Richie also had his worst game as a Bill. Maybe all of the talk this week about him being the best guard in the league got to his head. Which would also fit the personality of a Rex team - these guys think, just like their coach does, that they can just show up and win because they're so great and talented. Richie was ABYSMAL today.

As for all of the unforced errors and pre-snap penalties, I'll say this: fans have a say now. It's not like when Ralph was in charge and we were worried that if we voted with our dollars he'd just move the team away. Terry isn't going to do that. If you don't like what you see out there - complain to OBD. And consider not buying season tickets next season. Make this COMPANY earn our hard-earned dollars for a change. The product this season has been unacceptable. And if they do what I think they're going to do and make Whaley the fall guy when we miss the playoffs again, Rex will be exposed next season for the total boob that he is. I may not pay to watch it again, I've effing had it.

first.

also, both you and i, as well as others were all about keeping Searcy because he's the type of player you keep on a good football team. Rambo is making us forget him.

Problem is Aaron Williams' future is uncertain. Corey Graham is making 4 mil. Bills need to get another safety in the building. I like Rambo though.

This is another one of those emotional games where Rex let the players lose control a little. And having brother Rob in for a visit among all the other distractions makes for a letdown.

Players hate on Marrone for being so severe, but the team was disciplined. They probably are having more fun playing under Rex, but if they had any competitive bone in their body they would not have fun when the losses pile up.

Belichick is probably no fun to play for, but the team wins.

Edited by Big C

1) Well it's official. Rex Ryan has destroyed this talented football team.

2) I know he gave up a long TD pass, but Corey Graham is a very good player, who makes plays all over the field. And btw, on the TD he did give up Bradford had all month to throw.

3) After the 47 yard TD pass to Watkins, EJ was sitting right next to Tyrod on the bench. He was smiling and encouraging. I have been critical of EJ as a quarterback but he sure seems like a good kid.

4) I'm not sure why Miller was on the field today. Do they really think he is better than Urbik? I for one do not.

5) Since the day he was signed, Mario Williams has been my favorite player on the Bills. And his sack today was great. The problem is that before the sack, he was a complete non factor. I don't know if it's because of the idiotic scheme, injuries, lack of effort, or whatever. I can't tell you but it is painful to watch. An btw Dareus was no prize either.

6) Last week, a very observant poster noted that Woods seems to be constantly falling down, at times for no reason. Well on his first catch in the 1st quarter, it looked as if he had room to run, and down he went.

Knife in a back,

and more of the same.

Out on a limb,

8) You know, Rambo is starting to grow on me in a good way.

9) There is no accountability on this team. 15 penalties? Seriously? Rex has taken this very talented team and made them into a rebuilding project, one that will have cap issues to boot.

10) On the last drive before half time the Bills were rushing 3 men on almost every play. Once, Mario was one of the three and HE TOO dropped into coverage. This team was tops in sacks for the last 2 years. Now Rex has them playing like a bunch of pansy ass losers. I am a Bills Fan. I can handle losing but this is just plain ugly.

11) Cordy Glenn probably played his best game of the season.

12) A taunting penalty by a marginal player such as Meeks? I suppose if your coach doesn't care, go for it.

13) The man just isn't very good, but Manny Lawson did play well in the first half.

14) Tyrod was the most effective runner on the field. A few more carries by him and we would have won this game imo. Considering the protection and all of those penalties, I was satisfied with his performance today. Not thrilled mind you.

15) I really, really hope that Rex will accept a buyout and just get out of here.

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're stuck with Rex. If this season doesn't cause him to look in the mirror and change some things nothing will.

a) Darby is awesome, when he reads the play his reaction time is unreal

b) McKelvin is one of those players that can drive you crazy, he gets trucked by a TE because he goes for the ball before securing the tackle, he overruns a WR and lets him get the 1st down. He then makes an amazing interception and breaks down a pass on 3rd down. You don't know which McKelvin will step up on the next play.

c) Urbik should have started today, i understand not losing your job because of injury but Urbik is playing at a level Miller hadn't show all year. He's the future but today he struggled mightily

d) Probably the worst game by Incognito this year, it's amazing the level of talent these guys go up against week after week.

e) Refs suck in general. The NFL needs to do something about it.

f) season is over unfortunately.

Edited by Fixxxer

6) that pass was slightly behind Woods i don't know it was on TT .

I think was alittle bit late trow wich is my main concern with TT overall play

Late throws come with actual game experience, when a QB gets to the point where he can read and react instead of read-think about-react. Even if "think about" only takes a fraction of a second, it's often too long and makes the throw late

1) Well it's official. Rex Ryan has destroyed this talented football team.YEP

2) I know he gave up a long TD pass, but Corey Graham is a very good player, who makes plays all over the field. And btw, on the TD he did give up Bradford had all month to throw. He's decent.

3) After the 47 yard TD pass to Watkins, EJ was sitting right next to Tyrod on the bench. He was smiling and encouraging. I have been critical of EJ as a quarterback but he sure seems like a good kid. Who cares

4) I'm not sure why Miller was on the field today. Do they really think he is better than Urbik? I for one do not.100%

5) Since the day he was signed, Mario Williams has been my favorite player on the Bills. And his sack today was great. The problem is that before the sack, he was a complete non factor. I don't know if it's because of the idiotic scheme, injuries, lack of effort, or whatever. I can't tell you but it is painful to watch. An btw Dareus was no prize either. On Ryan

6) Last week, a very observant poster noted that Woods seems to be constantly falling down, at times for no reason. Well on his first catch in the 1st quarter, it looked as if he had room to run, and down he went.Meh

Knife in a back,

and more of the same.

Out on a limb,

8) You know, Rambo is starting to grow on me in a good way. He's decent

9) There is no accountability on this team. 15 penalties? Seriously? Rex has taken this very talented team and made them into a rebuilding project, one that will have cap issues to boot.100%

10) On the last drive before half time the Bills were rushing 3 men on almost every play. Once, Mario was one of the three and HE TOO dropped into coverage. This team was tops in sacks for the last 2 years. Now Rex has them playing like a bunch of pansy ass losers. I am a Bills Fan. I can handle losing but this is just plain ugly.100%

11) Cordy Glenn probably played his best game of the season. He was excellent

12) A taunting penalty by a marginal player such as Meeks? I suppose if your coach doesn't care, go for it. Awful

13) The man just isn't very good, but Manny Lawson did play well in the first half. He's decent

14) Tyrod was the most effective runner on the field. A few more carries by him and we would have won this game imo. Considering the protection and all of those penalties, I was satisfied with his performance today. Not thrilled mind you. He's excellent

15) I really, really hope that Rex will accept a buyout and just get out of here. 1000%

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't go that far tonight

This is another one of those emotional games where Rex let the players lose control a little. And having brother Rob in for a visit among all the other distractions makes for a letdown.

Players hate on Marrone for being so severe, but the team was disciplined. They probably are having more fun playing under Rex, but if they had any competitive bone in their body they would not have fun when the losses pile up.

Except, that winning (and being on an acknowledged excellent team) is Big Fun in its own right.

And when you're an athlete at any level with a lot of pride, losing just sucks even if it comes with ice cream socials and bowling nights.

Edited by Hopeful

Except, that winning (and being on an acknowledged excellent team) is Big Fun in its own right.

And when you're an athlete at any level with a lot of pride, losing just sucks even if it comes with ice cream socials and bowling nights.

Well that's what I was trying to say. Players say they love Rex, but he is costing them wins. There has to at least be more of a balance.

I used to teach high school math. And I was the kids' favorite because I related to them, made jokes, etc. But eventually all the little stoppages in instruction led to more unruly behavior and lower test scores.

Tyrod Taylor is basically still a rookie with only 11 NFL starts under his belt, and given some more time to develop he could be that franchise guy.

Rex Ryan and his defense let this team down for another game. Anyone else notice the ferocity of the Eagles D line players in their pass rush scheme? Which is exactly what the Buffalo Bills looked like with last years defense in leading the league in sacks. Those sacks, hits, hurries all add up and take a toll on the opposing QB. Plus they force the opposing offensive line to get holding call just like what happened with Buffalo today.

15 penalties for 101 yards is downright ridiculous.

I also hope Ryan is gone after this season ends, and he takes his current bad defensive scheme with him.

Just how does a thoroughly mediocre team have a "letdown"? They are what they are, completely average and capable of losing to any other mediocrity. Also, can we stop the references to Belichick? That team has a HOF QB, an uncover able ( legally) when healthy TE and a talented Defense. That's mostly why they win games. He's a great coach but he's never coaching anywhere but NE again and will smartly retire when his QB does. So let's get into reality. Everyone knows that no team has more penalties go " unnoticed" by officials than the Pats. Outside of Boston, that is.

The officiating process is unbearable…it used to be a huddle every so often on a big call…they now huddle on seemingly every call…even false starts!!

This is an entertainment product and garbage officiating, along with the scores of "dumb guys that will do anything for a shtty can of domestic beer" commercials, are making it hard for me to want to invest more time.

Why no fair catch Thigpen?

As supposed defensive guru's, where do they expect turnovers to come from if they do not add a pressure element to their defense until the 4th Q?

Puppy Sh-t was the most applicable term for this defense I have heard all season.

For a team that has not made the playoffs in years, we have a surprising number of holes going into the offseason. Miller, Mills and Henderson are all bad. Whaley has whiffed badly on all of his picks for the o-line (Miller, Henderson, CK and Richardson). The right side of the line needs a complete overhaul and Glenn and Incognito, the best players on the o-line, are free agents. Bradham is a free agent, and Brown may not fit the RR defensive scheme. Both have had poor years this year. I hope that A. Williams will be back, but we probably cannot count on it. We badly need a number 2 wide receiver to replace Woods.

That is a lot to get done this offseason, without even considering whether we need to evaluate our QB situation or make changes to the defensive line.

On the long TD pass to Agholar - Dareus did a ballet move - I swear to God it was a pirouette of some kind - he pranced right by Bradford and may even have kicked his heels together in the air before landing.

This coaching staff is not able to concentrate fully for 17 full weeks, or for 60 full minutes on game day. Many of the players on this roster were already undisciplined knuckleheads before Rex showed up - but this team has fully adopted the scatterbrained, undisciplined, ADHD personality of its head coach and offensive

Tyrod lacks situational awareness. Throwing a fade on critical third and short situations is straight out of Va Tech. We're in the big leagues now. Get your mind in the game or we'll find someone else to play under center.

Watkins had his worst game as a Bill. He failed to separate, failed to extend himself, and dropped two passes.

Richie also had his worst game as a Bill. Maybe all of the talk this week about him being the best guard in the league got to his head. Which would also fit the personality of a Rex team - these guys think, just like their coach does, that they can just show up and win because they're so great and talented. Richie was ABYSMAL today.

As for all of the unforced errors and pre-snap penalties, I'll say this: fans have a say now. It's not like when Ralph was in charge and we were worried that if we voted with our dollars he'd just move the team away. Terry isn't going to do that. If you don't like what you see out there - complain to OBD. And consider not buying season tickets next season. Make this COMPANY earn our hard-earned dollars for a change. The product this season has been unacceptable. And if they do what I think they're going to do and make Whaley the fall guy when we miss the playoffs again, Rex will be exposed next season for the total boob that he is. I may not pay to watch it again, I've effing had it.

Man you summed up my feelings perfectly! Edited by Tu-Toned

Special teams in general have been abysmal. One of the qualities I admired about Marv Levy was his commitment to special teams, meaning he devoted precious practice time to them and stocked them with first-rate players. Rex? Add this to his many, many deficiencies. What possessed Pegula? The one playoff run by the Jets? His "fun" personality? He's the Trump of the NFL.

All Peggy has to follow is look at our record last season and the Jets last season record then compare them the year despite all the money he invested in players. Can't wait until Rex makes it official that Rob is added to the staff. Peg, do the right thing. Can this clown.

Edited by BuffaloBillsMagic1

Before the Red hire, I was hoping for Hue Jackson or Jim Schwartz... Or maybe even getting both. Rex took a team with all the talent a coach could ask for, even a capable QB, and ruined it. I just can't believe it.

Yep. He took this team backwards. Buy him out, promote Roman and let him hire his own OC, bring back Schwartz as DC, and we should be back on track.

#5 Starting to wonder if Mario's problem is when he's not happy with the scheme he just kind of disapears. Seems I recal la similar thing with him a couple years back. Guess he loved Schwatz scheme and played lights out.

#11 Don't recall hearing Glenn's name all day.

Think the biggest problem the Bills have is their O-line. Henderson seems to have regressed. In the off-season, need to sign Glenn and Rickie to extensions, then sign the best free agent RT out there. maybe 2in 2nd or 3rd round draft a guy who can play center or guard. I'd give Miller the benefit of being a rookie, give him another year, by the following season if no improvement sit Miller in place of this now 2nd year guy or if Miller does improve, replace Woods at center.

So you honestly believe Schwatrz who you wouldn't hire as HC would come back to the team that shunned him as the DC. Can't see that happening unless he were real desperate and doubt that is the case..

Yep. He took this team backwards. Buy him out, promote Roman and let him hire his own OC, bring back Schwartz as DC, and we should be back on track.

#5 Starting to wonder if Mario's problem is when he's not happy with the scheme he just kind of disapears. Seems I recal la similar thing with him a couple years back. Guess he loved Schwatz scheme and played lights out.

#11 Don't recall hearing Glenn's name all day.

Think the biggest problem the Bills have is their O-line. Henderson seems to have regressed. In the off-season, need to sign Glenn and Rickie to extensions, then sign the best free agent RT out there. maybe 2in 2nd or 3rd round draft a guy who can play center or guard. I'd give Miller the benefit of being a rookie, give him another year, by the following season if no improvement sit Miller in place of this now 2nd year guy or if Miller does improve, replace Woods at center.

So you honestly believe Schwatrz who you wouldn't hire as HC would come back to the team that shunned him as the DC. Can't see that happening unless he were real desperate and doubt that is the case..

This is why Mario wanted out of Houston…the scheme there changed and he was in a 3-4 OLB role. I recall reading their fan reactions when we got him as a FA, they all pointed to him disappearing for several game spans in the last year or 2 of his tenure when he was unhappy.

This was Rex's fault?

Yup. His defense is not good. And 15 penalties, given the trend in penalties, is on him. No one else.

I was at the game and was lucky to sit with some Bills fans.

But the guy behind us had the perfect trolling chant after every penalty, "There ya go Rex! We knew you'd come through for us." All game long. I only wished I was tempted to join him in the jeering.

Mario Williams. I don't know what he's supposed to be doing, but for at least the last two weeks on obvious passing downs, he rushes about 9 yards up field and behind the QB on every passing play. It does not seem like they ask him to power rush the QB on passing plays.

Most of this is academic. The Bills missed Clay. Tyrod didn't have his best game but given all the penalties and lack of help on the line, and his great season, I won't pin this on him.

I think we're stuck with Rex. If this season doesn't cause him to look in the mirror and change some things nothing will.

The man has had 13 games now to look at his scheme and make changes. So at 6-7 it ain't happening this year.

We all saw what he was like in NY last year at 4-12, and he cried publicly that the GM there was out to get him, and his QB turned the ball over to often. So he came into Buffalo and castrated a top defense because the current defensive players don't fit his scheme. Leading the NFL in penalties is just what a bully would do.

I only hope the fans that have been out of the playoffs for 15 years, and just faced another wasted season aren't forced to endure another losing season. We deserve better!

Yup. His defense is not good. And 15 penalties, given the trend in penalties, is on him. No one else.

I was at the game and was lucky to sit with some Bills fans.

But the guy behind us had the perfect trolling chant after every penalty, "There ya go Rex! We knew you'd come through for us." All game long. I only wished I was tempted to join him in the jeering.

Mario Williams. I don't know what he's supposed to be doing, but for at least the last two weeks on obvious passing downs, he rushes about 9 yards up field and behind the QB on every passing play. It does not seem like they ask him to power rush the QB on passing plays.

Most of this is academic. The Bills missed Clay. Tyrod didn't have his best game but given all the penalties and lack of help on the line, and his great season, I won't pin this on him.

I was at the game too. Coaching didn't lose this 3 point contest. You will not convince me otherwise.

This coaching staff is not able to concentrate fully for 17 full weeks, or for 60 full minutes on game day. Many of the players on this roster were already undisciplined knuckleheads before Rex showed up - but this team has fully adopted the scatterbrained, undisciplined, ADHD personality of its head coach and offensive coordinator.

I agree with everything but I am questioning the bolded - are those deep sideline, low percentage passes on 3rd & 3 or 4 not Roman's calls being made.?

Totally agree with your last point; there needs to be a grassroots campaign letting Terry know how much an embarrassment this team under Rex has become. Make Pegula & Brandon hurt with our decisions with our wallets. I would love to see Rex get bought out. Even his answers to some questions in the post-game presser were just awful; the man is clueless.

I was at the game too. Coaching didn't lose this 3 point contest. You will not convince me otherwise.

So in the second half when almost every drive had them behind the sticks and penalties neutralized 5 first downs and made others unattainable, who do you blame?

Sorry, that's crap to me. When the team commits 15 penalties and is top 3 in the league for them, who do you blame? By comparison, who are the least penalized teams and why. There's a reason it's happening and it's happening consistently.