The Chiefs

TPS

chiefs are beating bad teams which is Andy Reid calling card....also why his teams go nowhere in the playoffs. There remaining schedule is pretty weak but their inconsistent themselves. We will need the head to head win next week...if we can get the Pats we'll be in a good spot

Wouldn't exactly categorize 4 NFC Championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance as "doing nothing in the playoffs", but ok...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to go 5-2 with a win over the Chiefs to make it in, anything less and we'll need help we aren't likely to get. Baltimore and Cleveland are borderline bye weeks for the Chiefs and the Raiders have cooled off significantly.

That's my point. The Chiefs look like they can coast in with the exception of playing the Bills. Given a tough sledding of road games, a win tonight would make that 5-2 a hellofa lot easier...

Our remaining schedule looks very tough from where I'm sitting. Gotta have the Chiefs and Texans games. Hope we are up to it but the jekyll and hyde season makes me have doubts. The Billsian move would be a win against the Pats**** tonight and a dud to the chefs.

I will gladly trade a Win tonight for a L next week. (I think)

Only if you prefer beating the Pats to making the playoffs. Next week is the game I want if I could only pick one of the next two. Bills at KC is pretty much a playoff game.

I did say I think. IMO the Bills are already in a playoff scenario and I agree the KC gamer is a must win.

At a min the Bills need to win 5 of the next 7 and the Chefs need to lose to the Raiders 1 of the 2 games and Chargers

because the @ home against the Brownies is a given W, the @ the Ravens w/o Flacco may be the same.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I take back the comments i Made in response to what Spoogy said in another thread a couple of weeks ago, wherein I scoffed at the Chiefs being a concern.

The Chiefs are now a team that worries me quite a bit.

The Chiefs are in I think even if we beat them. Their schedule just got a hell of a lot easier with one of their tougher road games at Baltimore disappearing and a win on the road in San Diego. We are probably their toughest remaining opponent.

It is us vs the Steelers. I think we have a slightly easier schedule but are one game behind. Let battle commence.

That's my point. The Chiefs look like they can coast in with the exception of playing the Bills. Given a tough sledding of road games, a win tonight would make that 5-2 a hellofa lot easier...

Similar to the Bills, the Chiefs are not a good enough team to coast against anybody. The odds of them winning their last 5 are remote.

Chefs are this week's ... "SOVIET OF THE WEEK!!!" Last week it was the Jets...eventually it will probably turn into the Texans and then maybe even the Jets again by the end.

Remember when it was the Bills after week 1? Good times.

The Bills will be walking into a defensive buzzsaw this Sunday -- the Chiefs' D is not only on fire, it is damn good. If the D doesn't play lights out, I can see this being a blowout given the QB situation (TT is not healthy).

Reid has faced Rex as a HC twice in his history, and his teams have beaten Rex's 45-19 (2011) and 24-10 (2014).

Reed did face the 2008 Ravens, which Rex DC'd, and the Eagles lost 36-7.

Edited by dave mcbride

Not really, since we play #6 and #7 the next two weeks, so we can change that in a hurry.

Unfortunately, we probably won't.

Let us hope for the best

The Bills will be walking into a defensive buzzsaw this Sunday -- the Chiefs' D is not only on fire, it is damn good. If the D doesn't play lights out, I can see this being a blowout given the QB situation (TT is not healthy).

Reid has faced Rex as a HC twice in his history, and his teams have beaten Rex's 45-19 (2011) and 24-10 (2014).

Reed did face the 2008 Ravens, which Rex DC'd, and the Eagles lost 36-7.

I was just looking at the stats and they indicate that they are good.

@ Houston W, Denver L, @ GB L, @ Cinci L, Chicago L, @ Minny L , Pitt W, Detroit W, @ Denver W and @ SD W.

Similar to the Bills, the Chiefs are not a good enough team to coast against anybody. The odds of them winning their last 5 are remote.

sure, any given Sunday. I don't see them losing at home to SD, clev, and oak; their away games are oak and flacco-less Balt. I can't see them losing more than 1, which means the bills have to bet them, because they can easily lose 2 of their remaining 5.

To be fair, our wins have come against the hapless Dolphins, a Jets team that beat themselves, the Titans and the Colts.

LOL, I love the fans that discount other teams' victories without realizing the Bills haven't beat anyone good - and the win against the Titans was as narrow as you can get. Not only that they lost to the Jags. The Bills haven't yet done anything to suggest they are legitimate playoff contenders. Hopefully that will change and a win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead would certainly help.

LOL, I love the fans that discount other teams' victories without realizing the Bills haven't beat anyone good - and the win against the Titans was as narrow as you can get. Not only that they lost to the Jags. The Bills haven't yet done anything to suggest they are legitimate playoff contenders. Hopefully that will change and a win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead would certainly help.

This game is the final pass/fail test of what kind of team the Bills truly have...a contender or a pretender. Both the Bills coaching staff and players know that if they lose this game their wildcard playoff hopes are sunk because the Chiefs have an easy schedule and the Steelers aren't going to tank either.

A lot is on the line for the credibility of Rex, Roman and Taylor in particular. Get the ball to Sammy Watkins or find a new job. You're going against a team that shuns the WR position and it's the perfect big game stage to show them that the blockbuster trade for Watkins was the difference between the Bills going to the playoffs and the Chiefs staying home.

If you look at it that way, then we have only played 2 good teams, and played pretty well against one of those 2 last night.

Comparing teams beat to each other is ridiculous. Every game is it's own match up. It is why the Green Bay Packers lost to the Denver Broncos who lost to the Indianapolis Colts who lost to the Buffalo Bills who lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars

Chiefs game is always tough. Doesn't matter if they are good and we stink or vice versa. Throw the records out every time because it's going to be a close hard fought game. Just so happens this time we are both 5-5 and playing for a playoff spot. Biggest game of the year (until next week's game)

You might not be laughing when he tears up the Bills' secondary this Sunday.

Alex Smith doesn't really tear up team's secondaries very often. He is currently the 21st ranked QB in QBR. 26th in TD's, 24th in yards per game.

He is 34th in INT's with 3 so I will give him that, but Alex Smith is not a QB machine.

Smith controls the ball well and doesn't throw picks, but he has very few weapons. Our secondary can cover their guys. Our defense will match the intensity of their defense.

• They keys to the game is first, will TT play?
  • We've been running against the best rush defenses in the NFL- 148 yards on the Jets, and not great but 93 yards against the Pats. We need to keep it up Sunday.
  • Will the Bills repeat their defensive performance from the Pats on the chiefs. They won't win if we do.

Alex Smith doesn't really tear up team's secondaries very often. He is currently the 21st ranked QB in QBR. 26th in TD's, 24th in yards per game.

He is 34th in INT's with 3 so I will give him that, but Alex Smith is not a QB machine.

Correct. Alex Smith doesn't tear teams up. He is not an MVP candidate. I'd be surprised if he got a single vote. He is the best game manager Quarterback out there and I wouldn't have laughed at that. But MVP? No chance in hell.