Mario has to be pumped for this game

Webster Guy

By the time he gets to tee off on Monday night it will have been a month since he's played a snap, and none of it due to injury.

We all know Mario is a streaky player, like all the Houston fans told us when we signed him. One game he's invisible, the next he takes over the game.

He's had plenty of time for bowhunting, hopefully he got his buck and now he's ready for the second half of the season. I can't think of a better time for him to have the game of his life than in front of the nation against the most annoying team in the history of all sports (tied with the "bad kids" team that the Bad News Bears play against)

He's up against a weak offensive line and an immobile qb. Great time to earn your money Mario, we need ya man.

in general, why is it our D-Line doesnt take advantage of injury-riddled offensive lines like theyre expected to?

Are we forgetting that Brady gets rid of the ball quicker than if you deflated it by digging a knife through it?

If Mario gets multiple sacks I'll be surprised.

By the time he gets to tee off on Monday night it will have been a month since he's played a snap, and none of it due to injury.

We all know Mario is a streaky player, like all the Houston fans told us when we signed him. One game he's invisible, the next he takes over the game.

He's had plenty of time for bowhunting, hopefully he got his buck and now he's ready for the second half of the season. I can't think of a better time for him to have the game of his life than in front of the nation against the most annoying team in the history of all sports (tied with the "bad kids" team that the Bad News Bears play against)

He's up against a weak offensive line and an immobile qb. Great time to earn your money Mario, we need ya man.

:huh: He played against Miami two weeks ago. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

he just played 2 weeks ago and the starting OL for NE is expected back - which is a very strong unit.

?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Streaky in terms of sacks/stats? You mean like the rest of the DEs/OLBs in the NFL? Chandler Jones, leading the league in sacks, has 7.5 of his 10.5 sacks in 3 games. Streaky. JJ Watt, 2nd in the NFL in sacks, has 6.5 of his 9.5 sacks in 3 games. Streaky. Justin Houstons 7.0 sacks have come in just 4 games. Streaky.

Streaky in terms of sacks/stats? You mean like the rest of the DEs/OLBs in the NFL? Chandler Jones, leading the league in sacks, has 7.5 of his 10.5 sacks in 3 games. Streaky. JJ Watt, 2nd in the NFL in sacks, has 6.5 of his 9.5 sacks in 3 games. Streaky. Justin Houstons 7.0 sacks have come in just 4 games. Streaky.

Yeah. Calling him streaky and focusing on only sacks is just dumb. A basic mindset on what a DE actually does, especially in this particular defensive system.

The level of ignorance in this thread is stunning. It is literally as if some have never watched the Bills or Mario Williams play.

Agreed. And not to mention, even going a step further, the Pats just got three of their injured offensive lineman back for this game. Yep, three. Yippee.

Edited by Lv-Bills

The level of ignorance in this thread is stunning. It is literally as if some have never watched the Bills or Mario Williams play.

This^^

Mario, until possibly this season was the best player on the Bills period. Oh NO! He didn't get a sack or his Tackle Stats are down!!! Face it OL and D-line simply cannot be judged accurately by most fans.

Haha you guys are dicks. Ok I'll let it die.

My point was simply that the guy is very inconsistent and this is the week we need him the most, as a win here likely puts us at 5-1 in the division if we handle the Jets at home in week 17.

I want a #1 overall pick and one the highest paid players ever to show up more than he has. I don't care about sacks, nobody that knows football does. I want him to be a factor, a game changer, block a freaking pass or two, disrupt some timing, blow up a screen. If he has an off game we are screwed.