[closed]Start EJ against Miami

Hear me out. Yeah, he sucked the past few games. But he learned from his mistakes and had an awesome second half. He'll be back in the United States with two weeks to prepare. He's athletic, and has more experience than Tyrod. Plus, he should have Sammy and Karlos back with him, and that should definitely help.At this point, since the season is basically over why not make sure there's nothing left in EJ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear me out. Yeah, he sucked the past few games. But he learned from his mistakes and had an awesome second half. He'll be back in the United States with two weeks to prepare. He's athletic, and has more experience than Tyrod. Plus, he should have Sammy and Karlos back with him, and that should definitely help.At this point, since the season is basically over why not make sure there's nothing left in EJ?

Can't do it. If Taylor is healthy as expected, then he'll start.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Sure why not, I mean seeing him for 4 years at Florida State, and 14 or 15 starts in the NFL and seeing the same issues with accuracy, identifying protections, and lack of pocket presence, a bye week should fix that. Thats disregarding the fumble that was recovered by the Bills and two other interceptions that were dropped by the jags.

I would have wanted to cut him immediately yesterday if it weren't for how he responded after that disasterous 3 minutes stretch, he looked and was snakebitten and no one would have been surprised if he had simply hand the ball off the rest of the game or be replaced by josh johnson. I am as big of an EJ fan out there, but i was ready to take his passport and let him stay over there. While he is not our answer, the way he responded was pretty impressive. that Jax drive in the 3rd quarter, while resulting in no points was killer for our comeback chances, as did a couple unfortunate plays/calls. We need our starters in there, Tyrod needs to start after the bye.

I'd like to see him with a more complete arsenal of talent at his disposal. He's played well against Miami in the past and with two weeks to prepare, I'm pretty confident he'll fare better than Taylor would.

I'd like to see him with a more complete arsenal of talent at his disposal. He's played well against Miami in the past and with two weeks to prepare, I'm pretty confident he'll fare better than Taylor would.

Are you people insane? EJ is horrible. How many more mistake prone games like yesterday do you need to see before you figure out that he is not an NFL starting QB?

What will it take to understand that EJ is not good? If one can not see this by now, what's the point.

Tyrod needs to start not only for us to have a chance to WIN, but also to get more experience and familiarity with the offense himself. EJ is clearly not the answer and as much as people want to talk up guys like Connor Cook or any other college QB I just don't see anyone in this year's class as the clear cut QB you want to tank for. Win games. We still have a chance. The Wild Card race is all jumbled up at the moment.

This is like battered wife syndrome..... He only hits me when he drinks........

Look at the swing pass to McCoy that he missed by 5 yards, look at the deep ball to Gragg that was completed when Gragg basically had to stop and fair catch it, look at the low throws to the flats.... look a the panic in the pocket, the lack of awareness at open receivers in the end zone...... how, how can anyone be a serious proponent to giving this guy more time, more looks?\

The mistakes that Manuel is making out there isn't the lack of experience, its a lack of feel for the game, its a lack of accuracy, and its a lack of ability to play at this level.

This.

Plus, every QB has a bad game now and then. Yes it was a miserable three minutes. But his resilience, poise, quickness, pocket presence and touch on the ball are signs that the kid still has something. Everyone complains we took him in the first round...well now's the time to showcase his talent and get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him (and no, I'm not smoking crack...he is worth a 1st and possibly a 1st and 2nd given the shortage of QB's.)

I've heard this same discussion here in Charlotte about Cam Newton. Inaccurate with his passes. Will never be elite. Will never become a pocket passer. He has had the same OC for three years( was his QB coach for two before that). Has had the same offense and has not had to worry about being yanked when he has sucked.

Remember Kelly throwing 4 first half pics against the Steeler in 91. Remember that pic he threw against Cincinnati in the AFC championship in 88.

You want perfect and you can't get it. Luck... The Jesus of QBs has looked like puke, throwing pics like a machine but people love him and say he needs time to grow. Oakland is doing it right by letting a young QB learn and take his lumps. Miami also.

I don't love EJ but he didn't singlehandedly loose the game yesterday and the QB position in general is not the biggest problem on this team.

Even if he manages to string together streaks of competent play within a game the standard for good QB play is so high these days. If you are capable of making 1 bonehead play a game that is enough justification for you to get cut. EJ is capable of making several bonehead plays a game. He also like Tyrod is incapable of looking off a receiver.

Edited by Charles Romes

I've heard this same discussion here in Charlotte about Cam Newton. Inaccurate with his passes. Will never be elite. Will never become a pocket passer. He has had the same OC for three years( was his QB coach for two before that). Has had the same offense and has not had to worry about being yanked when he has sucked.

Remember Kelly throwing 4 first half pics against the Steeler in 91. Remember that pic he threw against Cincinnati in the AFC championship in 88.

You want perfect and you can't get it. Luck... The Jesus of QBs has looked like puke, throwing pics like a machine but people love him and say he needs time to grow. Oakland is doing it right by letting a young QB learn and take his lumps. Miami also.

I don't love EJ but he didn't singlehandedly loose the game yesterday and the QB position in general is not the biggest problem on this team.

EJ was probably the biggest contributor to the loss though with that 1st half meltdown.

EJ was probably the biggest contributor to the loss though with that 1st half meltdown.

If Sammy was playing yesterday the Jags wouldn't have played zone. If they didn't play zone, those INT's don't happen. This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Sammy.

If Sammy was playing yesterday the Jags wouldn't have played zone. If they didn't play zone, those INT's don't happen. This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Sammy.

How quickly you forget that Sammy wasn't playing because EJ injured him with bad accuracy. It all comes back to EJ!

I wonder what Losman is up to these days.... I bet with a better O line and some better receivers he would finally develop into that first round QB this thread knows he can be

I've lived in the parallel universe wherein Adrian Wilson never blew Trent Edwards face off his neck. He actually turned out to be a top 18 QB not taking that hit. Was just about to start a thread about it, but since you posted this here, I figured I'd let everyone know. Edwards didn't get a fair shake in Buffalo. I traveled through dozens of dimensions to be certain of this. You must trust me.

This is sarcasm, right? Right? If it isn't, only question is whether you watched, you know, the game yesterday? I wanted him to succeed as much as any Bills' fan but the guy is hilariously inaccurate for an NFL QB, doesn't process quickly enough, etc. etc. etc.

I saw 298 yards 2TD and 2 INT with a bad 5 minute stretch.