[closed]Start EJ against Miami

I think that people should ignore the obvious taunting by each side.

Taylor is the starter, EJ the backup. I am thinking that there might be a few teams that would like their backup to score at least 2 TD's per game for them.

Let them rag on EJ all they want. He has a bad QTR and did his best to overcome those mistakes.

As someone mentioned here ... How about Lucks performance and record thus far? 1-4 is it? 9 INT's (is it) that is almost 2 per game.

I could believe that some of these "EJ sucks" people have complete faith in Andrew Luck.

I'll tell you what, if EJ can put up a 4,700 yard, 40 TD season, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and vote to keep him in the lineup if he struggles the next year.... agreed?

Edited by 5 Wide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear me out. Yeah, he sucked the past few games. But he learned from his mistakes and had an awesome second half. He'll be back in the United States with two weeks to prepare. He's athletic, and has more experience than Tyrod. Plus, he should have Sammy and Karlos back with him, and that should definitely help.At this point, since the season is basically over why not make sure there's nothing left in EJ?

The Force is strong in this one.....

when i read posts like this, i'm reminded of images from an old movie - where a hopeful child watches from his orphanage window as shiny new cars carrying handsome young husbands and their beautiful young wives arrive, day after day, to the orphanage. as they appear, his little heart leaps - only to be broken as he watches them cheerfully depart with someone else.

the OP reminds me of such a child.

i in turn, am the cruel, sad man he's grown into.

screw the Bills! B-)

Edited by BackInDaDay

I'd like to see him with a more complete arsenal of talent at his disposal. He's played well against Miami in the past and with two weeks to prepare, I'm pretty confident he'll fare better than Taylor would.

What? I give up man. I mean, for starters, has he ever fared as well as Taylor did against Miami THIS SEASON?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

when i read posts like this, i'm reminded of images from an old movie - where a hopeful child watches from his orphanage window as shiny new cars carrying handsome young husbands and their beautiful young wives arrive, day after day, to the orphanage. as they appear, his little heart leaps - only to be broken as he watches them cheerfully depart with someone else.

That's actually sad

No one with the least bit of sanity can think EJ has anything for the NFL

This is like battered wife syndrome..... He only hits me when he drinks........

Look at the swing pass to McCoy that he missed by 5 yards, look at the deep ball to Gragg that was completed when Gragg basically had to stop and fair catch it, look at the low throws to the flats.... look a the panic in the pocket, the lack of awareness at open receivers in the end zone...... how, how can anyone be a serious proponent to giving this guy more time, more looks?\

The mistakes that Manuel is making out there isn't the lack of experience, its a lack of feel for the game, its a lack of accuracy, and its a lack of ability to play at this level.

^^This pretty much sums it up and it's depressing to admit because I was a big believer in this kid. I celebrated when they drafted him, like what we saw initially (before injuries to knees), and wanted to see him get a 2nd chance with this 2015 group. Unfortunately, saw all I needed to see yesterday. The inaccuracy is inexcusable at this level. Wouldn't matter if he's throwing to Gragg or Sammy when he's bouncing the ball at WR's feet or over their head by 5 ft.

Biggest issue I saw with him is confidence - especially after he makes a mistake. Yes, he came back and played better in the 2nd half (couldn't get any worse), but he was an absolute train wreck in the 1st. Cost the team 21 points against the Jags!! EJ won't be here next year and if they had ANY options for a NFL ready replacement they would take it now.

The whole season is starting to feel like the familiar circus show...

What? I give up man. I mean, for starters, has he ever fared as well as Taylor did against Miami THIS SEASON?

The defense won that game this season.

Plus EJ did very well against MIA in his 2nd season (61% with a TD). So, yes, he has.

Plus EJ did very well against MIA in his 2nd season (61% with a TD). So, yes, he has.

This game is about on par with TT's worst game this season.

I agree with this for the most part. If coached properly I think EJ has more to offer than Tyrod.

Have you watched the games? I am no EJ hater but he had back to back turnover for TDs. I think this will be his final season with the Bills and maybe football.

Maybe he will be better in the CFL. :thumbsup:

^^This pretty much sums it up and it's depressing to admit because I was a big believer in this kid. I celebrated when they drafted him, like what we saw initially (before injuries to knees), and wanted to see him get a 2nd chance with this 2015 group. Unfortunately, saw all I needed to see yesterday. The inaccuracy is inexcusable at this level. Wouldn't matter if he's throwing to Gragg or Sammy when he's bouncing the ball at WR's feet or over their head by 5 ft.

Biggest issue I saw with him is confidence - especially after he makes a mistake. Yes, he came back and played better in the 2nd half (couldn't get any worse), but he was an absolute train wreck in the 1st. Cost the team 21 points against the Jags!! EJ won't be here next year and if they had ANY options for a NFL ready replacement they would take it now.

The whole season is starting to feel like the familiar circus show...

No, you see, Whaley just needs to mortgage the next decade of 1st round picks to go get a receiver that is 12 feet tall. That's how this works, right?

If Helen Keller was the Bills coach, EJ still wouldn't start if Tyrod were healthy. In no way was EJ worthy of getting another opportunity. Two good throws did not tell the story of his game, but some people are just going to read the story they want to.

You mean the Miami game that we held Miami to 10 points, sacked Tanny 4 times, forced a pick, and had a ST TD? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Tygod wih 3 TD's, 277 yards and 72% doesn't even come close to the EJM singlehanded win.

Edited by FireChan

When the preseason concluded, I half-believed EJ should be named the starter. I thought he had played about as well as TT.

But even given I like EJ, I think the original post is wild.

After these past two games, it's clear that TT gives us the best chance to win right now and we're still not out of the playoff race.

And TT might have more upside. If EJ needs more game day experience, how much more TT?

We have more reasons to be cautious in our evaluations of EJ's potential than we do TT's. Let's see how good TT can become.

Were the insane asylum inmates forced to post in this thread? Was it some sort of assignment?

Two years ago, in Kansas City, a Buffalo backup QB (Tuel, a rookie at the time) threw a pick-six and for that he was reviled and mocked mercilessly until he was released a year or so later.

Now EJ, in his third year, doubles then TRIPLES down on that mistake, and the same people who lived to ridicule Tuel are back to tell us that EJ should start.

What accounts for such blind maniacal madness?

Were the insane asylum inmates forced to post in this thread? Was it some sort of assignment?

Two years ago, in Kansas City, a Buffalo backup QB (Tuel, a rookie at the time) threw a pick-six and for that he was reviled and mocked mercilessly until he was released a year or so later.

Now EJ, in his third year, doubles then TRIPLES down on that mistake, and the same people who lived to ridicule Tuel are back to tell us that EJ should start.

What accounts for such blind maniacal madness?

Jeff Tuel doesn't even come close to EJ. Tuel wasn't even good in college. Not saying EJ is the answer, but who knows when given some time.