[closed]Start EJ against Miami

I really find it amusing that the anti-EJ crowd are pointing to the pass to Gragg while Gragg was positioned out of bounds as a reason why EJ should not get another chance. Why the !@#$ was Gragg waiting out of bounds? Isn't that something a TE/WR learns in pee wee football? Of course EJ will throw it to the open receiver. Does he have to check to make sure the TE is in bounds as well? Ridiculous! The other throws were on point (Woods, Easley, Hogan). Some people need to look at the other side of the argument.

I think they meant the long pass down the seem. You know the one where Gragg was 10 yards behind his man & could of crawled into the endzone if EJ hit him on the run. Instead he threw the ball 8 yards short & Gragg barely caught it. But yes I had to laugh out loud when Gragg was standing out of bounds. Never saw that before.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they meant the long pass down the seem. You know the one where Gragg was 10 yards behind his man & could of crawled into the endzone if EJ hit him on the run. Instead he threw the ball 8 yards short & Gragg barely caught it. But yes I had to laugh out loud when Gragg was standing out of bounds. Never saw that before.

Gragg over ran that route. That play (according to the graphic on the computer with Rich Gannon) was supposed to go up, over 5 yds, and up...Gragg went up, a quick over like 2 yds and then up, so he was wayyyy beyond where the ball was supposed to be for that play. EJ had it placed nicely and it netted us about 30 yds as I recall. Beggers can't be choosers I guess.

So you seriously think Tyrod friggin' Taylor is a long-term solution? You've got to be kidding me.

I just don't get it. Through three starts, Taylor was the darling of the NFL. In his previous two starts, with no McCoy or Watkins in either game, he struggled to move the football. He also made one turnover in both of those games combined and it was an insane catch by the linebacker that wasn't even a bad throw. He also moved the football quite well in the second half against the Giants and then singlehandedly won the Titans game on a sprained MCL. So through five games, he has played at a level higher than Manuel has ever played yet you are writing him off entirely and then meanwhile, after 15 games, the jury was still out on Manuel? It just makes zero sense.

Ya know, last week you said something about "compare Manuel's first 15 starts with hall of famers..." Such an easily refutable argument. Yeah, said hall of famers played in an era in which 26 TD's and 15 INT's could win you an MVP. Why don't you compare Manuel's numbers to a contemporary of his like, say, Mike Glennon? Or better yet, why don't you compare Taylor's first five games with any five game stretch EJ Manuel has ever played!?!?!

The only possible explanation for your stance is that Manuel was a first round pick and Taylor was a sixth round pick. Manuel had/has "the tools." Well for one, Taylor was a better college QB than Manuel in the same conference. Secondly, if Manuel was drafted in the 3rd/4th round like most projected, my guess is that you would think about him a lot differently.

Edited by metzelaars_lives