[closed]Start EJ against Miami

Look, I'm not sitting here trying to pretend that EJ is the most accurate passer known to man.

All I'm saying is that his performance yesterday (minus the bad stretch with the pick and the fumble) warrants another shot after the bye.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that Taylor was great before the injury. He wasn't He was actually pretty bad.

You really believe this, don't you?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop, don't for a second compare Cam Newton to EJ. Coming out of college Cam Newton was light years ahead of EJ coming out of college. You see Newton is a QB that is a great athlete. EJ is not a QB who happens to be a decent athlete. & yes EJ pretty much singlehandilly cost us the game yesterday. If I was Whaley I would of cut him the moment the plane touched down at the Buffalo International Airport. He sucks & he will always suck. He will be out of the league in 2 years.

I think you have to cut Whaley to cut EJ.

Joined at the hip.

I really find it amusing that the anti-EJ crowd are pointing to the pass to Gragg while Gragg was positioned out of bounds as a reason why EJ should not get another chance. Why the !@#$ was Gragg waiting out of bounds? Isn't that something a TE/WR learns in pee wee football? Of course EJ will throw it to the open receiver. Does he have to check to make sure the TE is in bounds as well? Ridiculous! The other throws were on point (Woods, Easley, Hogan). Some people need to look at the other side of the argument.

He did have a good second half...except for the terible QB sneaks, the terrible swing passes and finally a pass that I watched about 10 times and still couldnt believe he threw it...the one Poz missed in the endzone.

Other than that, he looked comfortable opening his arm playbook to look 3 times at the play while the clock was running out.

I figure give him another 50 games to see if he develops even further.

I really find it amusing that the anti-EJ crowd are pointing to the pass to Gragg while Gragg was positioned out of bounds as a reason why EJ should not get another chance. Why the !@#$ was Gragg waiting out of bounds? Isn't that something a TE/WR learns in pee wee football? Of course EJ will throw it to the open receiver. Does he have to check to make sure the TE is in bounds as well? Ridiculous! The other throws were on point (Woods, Easley, Hogan). Some people need to look at the other side of the argument.

LOL...who mentioned that pass? I mentioned the pass to Gragg that should've been a TD had he actually hit him in stride like an NFL Qb. And then the pass in the end zone that went 20yds over the receivers head that should've been another TD. Oh, and then the pick 6. Oh, oh, and then the fumble for 6. Oh, oh, oh, and then the other INT.

I really find it amusing that a QB who was drafted in the first round and is in year 3 and looks worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR and was beat out by TT during a legit QB competition should require any more chances.

LOL...who mentioned that pass? I mentioned the pass to Gragg that should've been a TD had he actually hit him in stride like an NFL Qb. And then the pass in the end zone that went 20yds over the receivers head that should've been another TD. Oh, and then the pick 6. Oh, oh, and then the fumble for 6. Oh, oh, oh, and then the other INT.

I really find it amusing that a QB who was drafted in the first round and is in year 3 and looks worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR and was beat out by TT during a legit QB competition should require any more chances.

You do realize that Chip Kelly and countless other head coaches will be waiting in line to get their hands on EJ?? That was a well known fact this past off season. So letting him play more games smooths out his performance history and gives us more ammo to get higher picks in trade. Am I the only one that understands the concept of "supply and demand" around here?

That was a message to Sammy that he will get his 10 targets even if he's on the sideline.

You do realize that Chip Kelly and countless other head coaches will be waiting in line to get their hands on EJ?? That was a well known fact this past off season. So letting him play more games smooths out his performance history and gives us more ammo to get higher picks in trade. Am I the only one that understands the concept of "supply and demand" around here?

You can't be serious. You just can't. Yeh teams are just jumping over themselves to land a player that can't beat out TT and can't hit the broadside of a barn if his career depended on it (which it did).

You can't be serious. You just can't. Yeh teams are just jumping over themselves to land a player that can't beat out TT and can't hit the broadside of a barn if his career depended on it (which it did).

Seriously looking to maximize his value on our team or on another?? Yes. Here's a guy that has the prototypical size, arm strength, speed, agility, experience and competitive fire that franchise QB's are made of...if you guys are gonna bail out on him, I suggest you support him and demand that he keep starting so we can 1) definitely make sure he isn't the starting QB we all want (I already know he could and should be that guy), and 2) maximize his trade value for future deals if you get your way. What kind of picks will we get if this was his last game????? Nada. So another few games an some nice playing time and wins will garner plenty of interest. Say we get a 1st round pick for him...then we'll have two 1st rounders that we can use to move wayyy up the board. Have to think ahead sometimes...don't keep looking back.

Aside from the fact that EJ has no feel for the game, is not an accurate passer (which can injure his receivers who have to adjust to his bad throws/Watkins), and predetermines who he's throwing to which leads to not seeing wide open receivers and throwing instead to guys covered well or even double covered (as he did yesterday), he's absolutely your man if you want to keep losing. He was playing a bad team yesterday and was basically mediocre. I'm not sure anyone would give you a 6th or 7th round pick for him. They'd have to be desperate for a back up.

This is like battered wife syndrome..... He only hits me when he drinks........

Look at the swing pass to McCoy that he missed by 5 yards, look at the deep ball to Gragg that was completed when Gragg basically had to stop and fair catch it, look at the low throws to the flats.... look a the panic in the pocket, the lack of awareness at open receivers in the end zone...... how, how can anyone be a serious proponent to giving this guy more time, more looks?\

The mistakes that Manuel is making out there isn't the lack of experience, its a lack of feel for the game, its a lack of accuracy, and its a lack of ability to play at this level.

Its also a lack of confidence, and allowing him to much time to think. Did anyone else notice how much better EJ played when the team went into the no huddle, hurry up offense.

Anyway, I'd rather see Taylor behind that crappy line so he can use his legs when things break down or nobody's open.

So you seriously think Tyrod friggin' Taylor is a long-term solution? You've got to be kidding me.

If you ignore them will they go away?

Dear Mods. Yet another circle of endless EJ is the worst there ever was pontifications - meaning to express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic

please / thread

TT would have made that first down at the end of the game