Eliot Wolf for GM of the Buffalo Bills

Is there a guy in Seattle who found all those late round players. If so he should be on the top of the list.

He was hired last offseason as GM of the Redskins. He also built the Harbaugh 49ers. Scott McLaughon. Terrible problem with alcohol but recognized as a genius in term of player personnel.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Whaley has done a bad job. Passing on QBs like Carr, Bridgewater, Wilson, Dalton (those alst two likely on Buddy Nix) are the only real negatives I can point out. I dont believe either coaching hire was his choice.

Carr and Bridgewater end up falling on whoever picked Manuel. Since EJ was in the fold, it would be "bad form" to bring in another young gun. My hunch has always been it was Nix's call.

We have a good GM, we also have a failed HC who somehow ruined a great D and p*ssed away winnable games with poor decisions and an undisciplined team. I do fault DW for his OLine decisions, too many misses.I don't know what to make of all the crushing injuries but they surely did us real damage. Nothing is going to change with either the GM or HC next season so this is all moot.

He's done too well with personnel overall. Not just the draft but who to let go, who to keep. He's quite a good young GM.

Injuries and drafts with no quality qb's are not the fault of any GM.

He's all growed up. His age really doesn't factor in. He has been an integral part of team management for 6 off seasons. We have seen the results. If the Bills let him go, its doubtful any other NFL team will be looking to hire him in order to replicate his Buffalo Bills success story.

• 2 weeks later...

Word now per Vic C. is that he has 1 more year left. Rex and him are both good until 2016... hopefully under close watch of the czar.

Yes, he has one year left. Reports of an extension being more likely than a firing ... But I agree, I think they make a decision on both by end of next season.

Whaley is not under contract.[/quote

He still has one year remaining

If you browse the interwebs Terry and Kim, Eliot Wolf is the guy to run your football operations. Just a reminder.

As I think the first thing that pops in my head is they had Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers. I know thats not the tell all but those 2 certainly make your organization that much better.

Why?? What exactly has HE done as oppsoed to the GM and others in the front office. He may be great, who knows, but how do you know who really were his choices? How do you know this guy didn't say, "You asked me to evaluate players: A, B, C, or D I did and I'd recommend they be picked in order of A, C, B, and wouldn't pick player D at all, and the GM then said well I like player D the best and picked him. That guy became a star and everyone is giving Wolf the credit. I realize it's not anywhere that simple, but really don't know what Wolf really has done himself compared to the rest of the team. And as was mentions having Favre and Rodgers makes anyone look good.

He may be great, but who knows so I'd be reluctant to get rid of a guy like DW for an unknown considering IMO DW has done way more good than bad. You can blast him for his QB selections, but you can blast almost all of the teams in the league there too, ironically except for Green Bay

If you browse the interwebs Terry and Kim, Eliot Wolf is the guy to run your football operations. Just a reminder.

Look, when a team has an elite QB on their team, the coach and GM always look good. An elite QB covers up poor defensive play and a lot of sub-par skill players as the QB can overcome this. Then the team wins and everybody thinks the GM is a genius. If Aaron Rodgers weren't the QB and you were judging this man solely on the other areas of the Packers, you likely wouldn't be impressed.

Did anyone watch GB vs 'Zona?

Rodgers was playing "run for your life" nearly every play. The GB OL was getting pwned, tossed around like rag dolls. The GB D was getting shredded like red cabbage in a slaw factory.

They did NOT look like a deep, talented team. They looked like a team that is being carried by its QB (Rodgers being one of the handful in the league that can carry a team) and is getting mightly thin on talent everywhere else, especially the lines on both sides.

Did anyone watch GB vs 'Zona?

Rodgers was playing "run for your life" nearly every play. The GB OL was getting pwned, tossed around like rag dolls. The GB D was getting shredded like red cabbage in a slaw factory.

They did NOT look like a deep, talented team. They looked like a team that is being carried by its QB (Rodgers being one of the handful in the league that can carry a team) and is getting mightly thin on talent everywhere else, especially the lines on both sides.

the Pack always brags about how they never have to sign FAs, they only sign their own guys they drafted. Every time i watch them lose with Rodgers getting killed out there and no weapons I think "hmmmm may want to sign some FAs"

The Bills potentially have squandered three first round picks on EJ and Watkins. Add the below average play of CK (a second round pick), and you have early round talent that is not contributing or not available.

Didn't we trade 3 or 4 1st rounders for Sammy?

I would get the best available GM. May be a difficult job to fill if one of the the requirements is to keep Ryan as HC.

If we were to fire Whaley, or let him walk without an extension, than he would arguably be the best GM available.

The Bills potentially have squandered three first round picks on EJ and Watkins. Add the below average play of CK (a second round pick), and you have early round talent that is not contributing or not available.

Didn't we trade 3 or 4 1st rounders for Sammy?

For those 3 1st round picks, the Bills got EJ, Sammy, and Kiko/McCoy. Not too bad of a haul in the guessing game known as the draft.

If we were to fire Whaley, or let him walk without an extension, than he would arguably be the best GM available.

For those 3 1st round picks, the Bills got EJ, Sammy, and Kiko/McCoy. Not too bad of a haul in the guessing game known as the draft.

I agree. Just sarcasm for the Sammy haters.

I also agree with your Whaley comment. Strongly!

Edited by Manther

Also, in the latest draft with no 1st rounder, they pulled Darby... who played like a high 1st rounder.

I'm not sure if he has actually written the board but I know he has been the key guy around every draft for the Packers since 1993 that has provided the information that goes to evaluating their draft board...he is involved way more than that though...

I guarantee he will be a hot commodity.

They better get on him quick. I think he is SUPER bright, young, forward thinking and knows it all when it comes to evaluation and advanced scouting. I would be VERY comfortable with him being in full control of football operations.

Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packer's talent level is pretty pedestrian. Before him, having Favre masked a lot of roster weaknesses. Now, if you can say for sure that he can trade for the next Favre or luck into another Aaron Rodgers in the middle of round one, then I'd be very interested.

Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packer's talent level is pretty pedestrian. Before him, having Favre masked a lot of roster weaknesses. Now, if you can say for sure that he can trade for the next Favre or luck into another Aaron Rodgers in the middle of round one, then I'd be very interested.

If we had Rodgers, we'd be in the playoffs carried by one of the best offenses in football. I'd argue minus the qb position, the Bills have more talent than the Packers.

Just because your Daddy is good at something does not mean that you are as well. In fact in football it is usually the exact opposite. Reggie McKenzie arguably had more to do with building the current Packers than Eliot.

But, Rex is better than his father? Bahahaaaha! If you make a copy of a copy you get....

• 2 months later...

To show my commitment to Eliot Wolf.

If Haslam hires Eliot Wolf to run the Browns front office I will change my screen name to a Browns handle with a profile picture of Eliot Wolf. :flirt:

Well, that kind of commitment certainly deserves a reward!

I took the liberty of making you a new avatar that matches your new found man love for Wolf.

Here ya go...

bgb32t.jpg