Eliot Wolf for GM of the Buffalo Bills

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going on record saying he is my guy for next GM of the Bills.

For anyone that doesn't know who he is, here is his bio/resume.

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/eliot-wolf/554e5cf2-a949-4cb5-8d85-11e979ac48b3

Make it happen Terry and Kim!!!

Instead of hiring another rookie GM who will need to learn as he goes it might be better to finally hire that team president, (football czar) and let him decide who he wants as GM, HC.

I'd rather see the new owners hire that football czar that they started to want to hire in Bill Polian. Current Packer GM Ted Thompson might just fit that bill to run the Buffalo Bills football operations side as team president. I can recall other posters stating they would like to see a hire like this.

I can also recall reading that it was Ted Thompson who hired Packers HC Mike McCarthy. That he drafted Aaron Rodgers when they still had Brett Favre as QB, and Thompson might have been the only man in the world who knew Rodgers was better without even have seen him start. Perhaps Thompson would hire Wolf as his GM, who knows.

Current GM Doug Whaley has had three years to find a franchise QB, to build an offensive line. To find skill players that aren't made of glass, and not use two first round picks on them.

So what makes this guy good? How do we know he's not another Hackett? He got in because of his dad but there are no players listed that he demanded on draft day.

I am open to hearing more. Please sell him better as his bio has nothing in it except that he does pro scouting, that's not the draft.

That first link is about Ron

from the second:

"The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.

He has also worked 22 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships – five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 22 consecutive NFL scouting combines.

Those internships and prior "unofficial" experiences have provided significant knowledge. Wolf, for example, is familiar with the history of every NFL player, having prepared details for the Packers for every draft since 1993.

The 32-year-old Wolf filed his first report at age 14 for the Falcons, and has provided valuable information for the Packers’ pro personnel department during previous internships."

That first link is about Ron

from the second:

"The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.

He has also worked 22 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships – five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 22 consecutive NFL scouting combines.

Those internships and prior "unofficial" experiences have provided significant knowledge. Wolf, for example, is familiar with the history of every NFL player, having prepared details for the Packers for every draft since 1993.

The 32-year-old Wolf filed his first report at age 14 for the Falcons, and has provided valuable information for the Packers’ pro personnel department during previous internships."

Sound like Ron provided him a free and open environment. I imagine he colored a lot.

So what makes this guy good? How do we know he's not another Hackett? He got in because of his dad but there are no players listed that he demanded on draft day.

I am open to hearing more. Please sell him better as his bio has nothing in it except that he does pro scouting, that's not the draft.

You do not understand the draft then. Wolf is an intricate part of the draft. He also does

• scouting of opponents
  • evulating free agent market
  • recommending player tryouts

This is the experience I want in a GM. That and his vast knowledge in player evaulation which is exceptional. He is one of the key figures that comes up with the information for Thompson.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You do not understand the draft then. Wolf is an intricate part of the draft. He also does

• scouting of opponents
  • evulating free agent market
  • recommending player tryouts

This is the experience I want in a GM. That and his vast knowledge in player evaulation which is exceptional. He is one of the key figures that comes up with the information for Thompson.

I know what he does. Now sell your guy better. You haven't shown anything other than he works for a good team. What players did he find?

I know what he does. Now sell your guy better. You haven't shown anything other than he works for a good team. What players did he find?

He scouted/evaluated every player for the packers for the last 12 years.

Eliot Wolfs scouting has comprised over 80% of the Packers current roster in 2015.

That is simply amazing!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

He scouted/evaluated every player for the packers for the last 12 years.

Eliot Wolfs scouting has comprised over 80% of the Packers current roster in 2015.

That is simply amazing!!!

So does Doug Whaley get credit for all the players the Steelers drafted when he was there?

Drafts are done by multiple people. Typically the GM gets the most credit and some underlings make a name for themselves. You haven't demonstrated that he was critical to Green Bay's success. I am open to it. Just show us an article where there are players he discovered or something.