Week 6: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton has Bengals playing at championship level

The Bengals go as their quarterback goes -- and Michael Silver explains how they took a big step toward legitimizing themselves as a bona-fide championship contender on Sunday.

CINCINNATI -- Michael Bennett flashed into the Bengals' backfield, just as Andy Dalton was flipping the ball to Rex Burkhead on a carefully crafted jet-sweep, and suddenly it felt to all the football-watching world like the high-flying home team with the striped helmets had come crashing down to earth.

As Bennett dislodged the football, and Seattle Seahawks teammate Bobby Wagner scooped it up and ran 23 yards for what appeared to be a dagger of a touchdown, 65,004 fans at Paul Brown Stadium watched helplessly, millions of television viewers nodded knowingly -- and one normally fiery offensive coordinator went into a perceptible funk.

@JayMorrisonCMG

#Bengals DE @Carlos_Dunlap now tied with Detroit's Ziggy Ansah for NFL sacks lead with 5 after getting 1.5 Sunday vs. Seattle.

#Bengals DT Geno Atkins second in sacks among interior lineman with 4. Trails Tampa Bay's Gerald McCoy, who has 4.5.

#Bengals tied with Baltimore for fifth most sacks in the league (15). Had 20 all of last and finished last in the NFL

Only QB with a faster release time than Dalton: Tom Brady #Bengals http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13867766/andy-dalton-playing-faster-ever-leading-undefeated-cincinnati-bengals-nfl

CINCINNATI -- Mention the word "release" this offseason in relationship to Andy Dalton and many Cincinnati Bengals fans would have this response: "That might be a good idea."

It's not that they dislike their QB, but four playoff losses in four years have had Bengals fans wondering whether the franchise had hitched its future to the right hired gun. The Bengals invested a second-round pick on Dalton, and now a big contract, but four straight seasons with a wild-card loss, four straight identical outcomes is, almost by definition, the perfect way to describe good but not great. And Dalton's ceiling is a constant question, not just locally, but at the national level.

But at least for now, the legend of the Red Rifle is growing, and it's not just because of the wins. Dalton is different, improved because of his release of the football. According to ESPN Stats & Information, only Tom Brady releases the ball quicker than Dalton. Brady's average time before he delivers a pass is 2.01 seconds. Dalton is next at 2.07 seconds.

Well, this wasn't my take on the Bengals. Interesting note from one of our own:

Dean Kindig ‏@TCBILLS_Astro

#Bills next week is a pick-'em. Bengals beat Raiders (2-3), Chargers (2-2), Ravens (1-4), Chiefs (1-4), and Seahawks (2-3). Combined, 8-16.

Bills have beat Colts (3-2), Dolphins (1-3), Titans (1-3). Combined, 5-8. We haven't beat any good teams either.

Bills have beat Colts (3-2), Dolphins (1-3), Titans (1-3). Combined, 5-8. We haven't beat any good teams either.

I didn't say that we had, nor did I say that Cincinnati was any kind of paper tiger. I simply found the information interesting.

As to who's beat good teams, I would say that Seattle counts as a quality win for them, and--since that's the case--Indy counts as a quality win for us.

As we all know: none of that matters when the two teams take the field on Sunday.

What's wrong with Wilcots?

Would rather have Solomon than Phil Simms......how is Simms the No.1 analyst? End of Cowboys game...Weeden dumping ball off to McFadden for 2-3 yds every play...Simms says...keep doing this...take what they give you.....game was over...idiot.

Have to do a proper comparison. Bills opponents are 12-10 vs 8-16 for Bengals. Bills losses are to teams who are 7-2. None of Bengals opponents have a winning record.

I didn't say that we had, nor did I say that Cincinnati was any kind of paper tiger. I simply found the information interesting.

As to who's beat good teams, I would say that Seattle counts as a quality win for them, and--since that's the case--Indy counts as a quality win for us.

As we all know: none of that matters when the two teams take the field on Sunday.

Was responding more to the quote, not you :)

Rex needs to get a handle on this 1.5 second pass offense......

Jam these receivers for christ sake

It's a good thing our D is getting all of these games early this year. Better to have all of the quick pass games now so they aren't trying to figure it out in the playoffs. They will find a way to beat these plays.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: IK Enemkpali joins #Bills' active roster http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/12/ik-enemkpali-joins-bills-active-roster-rb-cierre-wood-placed-on-injured-reserve/

The Buffalo Bills might finally be able to give defensive ends Jerry Hughes and Mario Williams a bit of a breather.

The team elevated defensive end IK Enemkpali to the active roster Monday, making room for him by placing running back Cierre Wood on injured reserve because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament suffered during Sunday's win over the Tennessee Titans.

I like the Bills this week. Bengals coming off a huge win while Bills just eeks by. At home. The later the sea the more likely of a let down.

Bengals 5-0 coming off a great win...chance to go 6-0 for best start in franchise history. I don't see a letdown here. They have all week to prepare for this game.

That's true but we keep being reminded of that, unlike Bengals who are held up as some dynamo. Turns out they've really only beaten one real tough opponent (seahawks) who arent yet playing to their level of last few years either.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Signs pointing to #Bills WR Sammy Watkins being ready for Week Six http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/12/signs-pointing-to-sammy-watkins-being-ready-for-week-six/

Watkins outlook is encouraging
He put himself through a full workout during pre-game warmups Sunday in Nashville, but the Bills medical staff ultimately determined the best course of action for Sammy Watkins ailing calf was to wait another week. Watkins was inactive against the Titans, but it’s left head coach Rex Ryan optimistic about the receiver’s availability Sunday.

Bengals 5-0 coming off a great win...chance to go 6-0 for best start in franchise history. I don't see a letdown here. They have all week to prepare for this game.

I will take it, glad the Bengals are not getting extra time to prepare. NE, NYG, and Tenn all had extra time. I like the Bills chances at home with equal prep time. If Sammy and Karlos are back i think the Bills can win this one pretty easily.

Lewis News Conference Transcript 10/12

How has the team reacted to this success, in comparison to other teams that have started well?

“I’m not going to compare. It doesn’t matter what others have done. This is what we have now, and we have to stay the course and not worry about anything else. We have a very important football game this week In Buffalo. We have to have great preparation and focus for it starting this afternoon.”

Rex Ryan’s defense is different than Seattle’s. Is there usually no carryover between preparation for defenses week-to-week?

“It happens at times. Some carry over. I haven’t gotten versed in the Bills yet, but we have our work cut out for us. They’re a good team that plays physical football. They’ve played well in most of their football games this year. We have a big challenge ahead of us.”

'New' Andy Dalton pushes Cincinnati Bengals into Super Bowl talk - Cincinnati Bengals Blog - ESPN

CINCINNATI -- On the concrete facing of one section that separates upper-deck seats at Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday hung a paper banner.

"New Andy," its message read, referencing Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, "jukes, points, rips and swags."

If Sammy Watkins returns and then I see him get up after a play in this game and act hurt, I am not going to be happy. The guy might be a little bit of a wuss from what I have seen so far. It's either that or his body is as frail as an old woman with osteoperosis.

He was nursing injuries and limping off the field every other game last year. Now this year, every week it's been one thing or another. The most important ability is availability and Sammy has been far from ideal in that category.

From what I have seen in his year and a quarter in the league, I'm not sure his body can hold up. Once he returns from this injury, I am going to be keeping a close eye on him. If he gets injured again in a short period of time, then I would say his career is seriously in jeopardy.

I hope he comes back and is a tough guy and proves to be a durable player. However, from what I've seen thus far, I would be quite surprised if that happened.

If Sammy Watkins returns and then I see him get up after a play in this game and act hurt, I am not going to be happy. The guy might be a little bit of a wuss from what I have seen so far. It's either that or his body is as frail as an old woman with osteoperosis.

He was nursing injuries and limping off the field every other game last year. Now this year, every week it's been one thing or another. The most important ability is availability and Sammy has been far from ideal in that category.

From what I have seen in his year and a quarter in the league, I'm not sure his body can hold up. Once he returns from this injury, I am going to be keeping a close eye on him. If he gets injured again in a short period of time, then I would say his career is seriously in jeopardy.

I hope he comes back and is a tough guy and proves to be a durable player. However, from what I've seen thus far, I would be quite surprised if that happened.

Hot-Takes-Alert.jpg