Taylor Review

Thurmal34

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is not a starting caliber QB. He may grow into it but he has A LOT of growing to do for it to happen.

Let me be the first to publicly express my displeasure with the fact that EJ didn't dress again. I fervently believe EJ wouldn't have thrown as many bad balls, as many picks and he would have been able to see over the line and push the ball down field in a more aggressive fashion.

All we got was Capt. Checkdown the sequel for vast swaths of this game coupled with an inability to climb the pocket.

Will we beat teams with TT, probably. I'm just not sure he can grow enough by the end of this season to make it worth it.

TT is not a starting caliber QB. He may grow into it but he has A LOT of growing to do for it to happen.

Let me be the first to publicly express my displeasure with the fact that EJ didn't dress again. I fervently believe EJ wouldn't have thrown as many bad balls, as many picks and he would have been able to see over the line and push the ball down field in a more aggressive fashion.

All we got was Capt. Checkdown the sequel for vast swaths of this game coupled with an inability to climb the pocket.

Will we beat teams with TT, probably. I'm just not sure he can grow enough by the end of this season to make it worth it.

Give it up

After the first drive, TT was awful, but so was the offensive play calling. The only guy that showed up on offense today was LeShady. But full marks to Tyrod for not quitting in the 4th quarter and bringing the Bills back. Not too down on Tyrod, the Hoodie undressed him a bit today. I blame Roman more, he should have had an offensive answer once TT started getting abused in there.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

I'm happy with Taylor. Not happy with McCoy, Watkins and the offensive line.

Hopefully Doug Whaley is smarter than the knee-jerk brigade. Personally I'm sold on Taylor. So he had a tough day against the goodies, like that never happens. He can make plays.

I'm still sold on Taylor too.

John - I love your posts and your takes as a rational poster. What plays/drives, in your opinion, before the Pats were up 33-13, did Taylor execute well?

Specifically, I'm looking for drives/plays in Q1, 2, and 3 where he executed and put his team in position to win or compete.

Unfortunately - I think we saw the real Tyrod today. He was nothing at VaTech. Did nothing at Baltimore and did nothing today. I hope I am wrong- but I think Tyrod played over his head in limited action in pre season and against the Colts last week. He looked like a third string QB when it counted for mos of the game today. Maybe we can blame it on the coaching and game plan but if was bad today. Let's see what happens next week in Miami.

No our offensive line sucks

Ahh. I see the EJ apologists are coming out of the wood work.

Hopefully Doug Whaley is smarter than the knee-jerk brigade. Personally I'm sold on Taylor. So he had a tough day against the Hoodia? Like that never happens. He can make plays.

Why Promo? What sold you?

I'm not saying replace him, but he held the ball WAY to long and was sacked eight, nine times? Is that what we are accepting these days?

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

After the first drive, TT was awful, but so was the offensive play calling. The only guy that showed up on offense today was LeShady. But full marks to Tyrod for not quitting in the 4th quarter and bringing the Bills back. If Rex hadn't lost faith in Carp and started chasing the points, all we would have needed was a FG to tie. That may have changed the end of the game. Not too down on Tyrod, the Hoodie undressed him a bit today. I blame Roman more, he should have had an offensive answer once TT started getting abused in there.

I agree the play calling sucked at times. clearly but I don't believe our receivers were that covered calling for dump off after dump off. He was in there trying to play from the pocket which he clearly is uncomfortable doing. And , if he keeps the chains moving the Pats don't put us that deep in a hole. One hand washes the other. The Pats are a better team.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

Yes you can. His overthrown footballs that resulted in picks were venom to the Bills' chances of winning the game. Take care of the FN football if nothing else.

Why Promo? What sold you?

I'm not saying replace him, but he held the ball WAY to long and was sacked eight, nine times? Is that what we are accepting these days?

So because he held the ball too long he's a bust? Would you prefer he just chuck it up for grabs. He makes good throws. Not enough today but he did get us to within 5 after being down 24.

John - I love your posts and your takes as a rational poster. What plays/drives, in your opinion, before the Pats were up 33-13, did Taylor execute well?

Specifically, I'm looking for drives/plays in Q1, 2, and 3 where he executed and put his team in position to win or compete.

First....let me say that I feel you might be expecting too much too soon from Tyrod Taylor

- Can we keep in mind that this was his SECOND NFL start?

- If you take it in the context that this was in his second NFL start and he wasnt getting a lot of help from his OL it puts it in a better prospective

- Keep in mind that when your D cant stop another teams O....that has a effect on playcalling as well

- QBs are not going to have strong quarters every quarter....it comes in spurts......

- Lets also keep him mind how long TT had to sit on the sideline.....because Brady was basically rolling our defense. Disrupting TT's rythum

THROUGH ALL OF THAT.......TT showeed his grit by not giving up and got this team to 8 points down.....this happened with a ridiculous amount of penalities.....at least 1 interception that should not have been popped up like that......

When you put it in that prospective and not expect TT to be Tom Brady and simply a good starting NFL QB.......it takes the edge off

Taylor was shaky at first and finished strong. Our offense put up 32. Offensive gameplan was garbage. Defense got us in a hole early. Penalties. O-line was crap.

Over and over Taylor held the ball. OLine was bad but a QB shOuld know his OLine sucks and react accordingly.

Taylor sucked today.

He played timid in the first half. He still is playing very conservatively, especially early. He has that "must see it first" thing going on many starters have at the beginning. That said this post just seems like spam in it's approach. "Taylor sucks". Ok, thanks for sharing....

He made some incredible plays and very well could have had a chance to complete one of the better comebacks in Bills history if Sammy makes a difficult catch. Speaking of which, not one of the 3 INT's was a direct blame the QB situation. Two high passes, both hit the entire part of both Clay and Watkins hands. Difficult catches sure, but I know a higher level NFL WR/TE expects to make those plays. If they didn't they wouldn't be in football let alone considered higher level. Taylor still threw the ball high, so shared accountability picks. The other INT came on an ill advised pass as time was running out in the first half. It was 3rd down, the Bills needed 20+ yards and 1 or 2 downs to get it in (if they converted the first). That pass never gets thrown in a normal situation. He made some fantastic plays in the 4th quarter when he seemed to just let loose and play. All in all, 2 straight weeks in which the offense has scored enough points in which we should be able to beat anybody in football. 4 total TD's from Taylor, mix of run and pass, near late game heroics. Described as a leader and scholar of the game, making his 2nd NFL start. I will take it.

Edited by KzooMike

What are you guys smoking?

Tyrod got sacked 8 times today, threw three picks, and struggled moving the the ball at times

HE ALSO THREW FOR 3 TDS AND RAN FOR ANOTHER ONE AND AS BAD AS OUR WHOLE TEAM PLAYED HAD KEPT US ALIVE UNTIL THE VERY END. OH AND TWO OF HIS INTS WERE DEFLECTED BALLS OFF OF HIS WR'S HANDS.

Taylor is by far the best quarterback the Bills have started since Doug Flutie. If you cant recognize that youre a blind moron. He is mature, composed, has a live arm that can make all the throws, he can hit the deep ball, he has awareness inside and outside of the pocket, he is accurate on the run and he has 4.4 speed that can take the top off a defense if they let him get loose.

Are you out of your mind?

Edited by TallskiWallski83

John that's fine but we have a slimmer learning curve. The rest of the team is built to win RIGHT NOW.

I'm not expecting him to be Brady. I'm expecting him to not take 3-5 seconds to deliver the ball. Anything over 3 isn't cool, and I counted at least 15 times where 3 was doing him a favor. Unacceptable.

What are you guys smoking?

Tyrod got sacked 8 times today, threw three picks, and struggled moving the the ball at times

HE ALSO THREW FOR 3 TDS AND RAN FOR ANOTHER ONE AND AS BAD AS OUR WHOLE TEAM PLAYED HAD KEPT US ALIVE UNTIL THE VERY END. OH AND TWO OF HIS INTS WERE DEFLECTED BALLS OFF OF HIS WR'S HANDS.

Taylor is by far the best quarterback the Bills have started since Doug Flutie. If you cant recognize that youre a blind moron.

The jury is out on Tyrod one way or the other. Far too soon to come to any long term conclusion. The deflected balls you attempt to absolve him from were because he overthrew open receivers (Clay and Watkins).

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Congratulations.

He played timid in the first half. He still is playing very conservatively, especially early. He has that "must see it first" thing going on many starters have at the beginning. That said this post just seems like spam in it's approach. "Taylor sucks". Ok, thanks for sharing....

He made some incredible plays and very well could have had a chance to complete one of the better comebacks in Bills history if Sammy makes a difficult catch. Speaking of which, not one of the 3 INT's was a direct blame the QB situation. Two high passes, both hit the entire part of both Clay and Watkins hands. Difficult catches sure, but I know a higher level NFL WR/TE expects to make those plays. If they didn't they wouldn't be in football let alone considered higher level. Taylor still threw the ball high, so shared accountability picks. The other INT came on an ill advised pass as time was running out in the first half. It was 3rd down, the Bills needed 20+ yards and 1 or 2 downs to get it in (if they converted the first). That pass never gets thrown in a normal situation. He made some fantastic plays in the 4th quarter when he seemed to just let loose and play. All in all, 2 straight weeks in which the offense has scored enough points in which we should be able to beat anybody in football. 4 total TD's from Taylor, mix of run and pass, near late game heroics. Described as a leader and scholar of the game, making his 2nd NFL start. I will take it.

THis

He held onto the ball to try to make plays. He wasn't sitting in the pocket for 6 seconds then getting sacked. Get it together.

So did Rob Johnson. We don't have that kind of OL. The ball needs to come out. He failed. He needs to step up his decision making. He proved today his nimble feet can't make up for poor OL play. He got dared to beat someone with his arm and he could not do it.

was shaky at the start but I thought he settled down played well over all....o line was dominated. The difference will be tyrod learn lesson EJ it was the same thing over and over. Move onto Miami we rely on the D and today they were shredded- it's one game of 16 1 and 1 after Colts Pats I think we would take that before the year. Funny how we forget the good things he did while putting up 32 points - we didnt get beat 49-0 people and no it wasnt pad your stats time unless your clueless. Lastly so your comparing Tyrod to the super bowl champs with the best defensive coach in the game THATS your measuring stick? Fortunately we dont play New England 16 times nor does anyone else because they would have a tough time with them ala Luck 49-7 last year. Tell me Luck isnt a starting quarterback also - oh brother

Edited by CardinalScotts