Gay Schmidt was fantastic today

Kelly the Dog

I just thought how good Schmidt especially was today deserved its own thread so he gets some props. He has been killing the ball all summer and continued it today. FC at the 6 and 9 were big.

Gay also was strong. But Schmidt has been just terrific.

Offense, defense and special teams all played well. The sign of a good team.

I would have preferred Gay kick it out of the endzone more. A couple were returned and went past the 20 yard line.

Coverage units were close on those returns. I like that we boom it high and try to get them to return it. We will work on it some more this week, I'm sure.

Schmidt was a boss today.

I just thought how good Schmidt especially was today deserved its own thread so he gets some props. He has been killing the ball all summer and continued it today. FC at the 6 and 9 were big.

Gay also was strong. But Schmidt has been just terrific.

Offense, defense and special teams all played well. The sign of a good team.

:thumbsup: Great to see the excellence continue.

Couldn't agree more with this thread. Schmidt has been fantastic since the day he arrived. We are lucky to

have gone from Moorman to Schmidt. Everyone forgets about the punter when he's good, but if you have a bad

one, everyone is all too aware of how it hurts the team. Schmidt was clutch again today, helping us win the field

position battle during the crucial parts of a 0-0 game. :thumbsup:

Edited by folz

Couldn't agree more with this thread. Schmidt has been fantastic since the day he arrived. We are lucky to

have gone from Moorman to Schmidt. Everyone forgets about the punter when he's good, but if you have a bad

one, everyone is all too aware of how it hurts the team. Schmidt was clutch again today, helping us win the field

position battle during the crucial parts of a 0-0 game. :thumbsup:

Who was that fella we had in between Moorman's two spells? Was it Powell? God he was bad. Just kept shanking it off the field 20 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Double edge sword... If we are kicking off more than once, WE ARE SCORING! Take the good with the bad!

I know. It's an "I can't complain but sometimes I still do" kind of thing.

Who was that fella we had in between Moorman's two spells? Was it Powell? God he was bad. Just kept shanking it off the field 20 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Yup, Shawn Powell.